1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

The fate of beasts?

Discussion in '2004 Archive' started by Brother Tim, Dec 17, 2004.

1. Daniel David

Daniel David New Member

Cats are so stupid that after years and years they still don't know their name. Sort of like Razorback fan.

2. rsr

rsr <b> 7,000 posts club</b>

Faith:
    Baptist
    Didn't mean to get off track; not too far, anyway.

While I would like to believe that beloved animals will have a place, it is only speculation, and not necessarily informed at that.

3. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    I've never let that stop me before. No reason to start now. [​IMG]

4. Brother Tim

Brother Tim New Member

Nice feedback people.

Marcia: I don't believe that animals are tasked to worship God on Earth. I believe that resposability rests on man's shoulders. I believe that God uses animals sometimes to do his bidding. There are reports of people being washed out to sea and a Sea turtle or dolphin showed up and carried that person to shore.

God created the animals, therefore they do have a purpose. I think it more than just a resource for us to use. Of what use is a cat? (for all the negative cat comments [​IMG] ) But God did create the cat.

Also, God was willing to let Adam marry any of the beasts but that was crazy. So Eve was created. Pehaps that suggests that God holds animals in higher value than we realise. This was before the fall of man though.

As I stated, this has nothing to do with human salvation. The Bible was given to us as a guide to managing a human life. A human life needs the Word chiefly as we have a soul to lose. The animals never disobeyed God, so an animal's place in eternaty isn't at risk.

I guess this was a question of the difference between a spirit and a soul.

5. Gib

Gib Active Member

The Egyptians have proven that you can take your pet with you.

6. Marcia

Marcia Active Member

Just to clarify, I didn't say that animals can worship.

Your post was very interesting. Thanks!