1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

The few who are the loudest rule!!!!

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by seekingthetruth, Nov 13, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. seekingthetruth

seekingthetruth New Member

Goodbye,

Ever since I logged on to this forum, Luke2427, Rippon and mexdeaf have attacked me, called me a heretic, a cultist, and in darkness.

I have had it.

[vulgarity snipped]

#1 seekingthetruth, Nov 13, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 14, 2011
  2. Iconoclast

Iconoclast Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Well it's no wonder with this kind of post!
    29Let no corrupt communication proceed out of your mouth, but that which is good to the use of edifying, that it may minister grace unto the hearers.

#2 Iconoclast, Nov 13, 2011
  3. freeatlast

freeatlast New Member

Now that is not nice. :rolleyes: I suggest the ignore feature.

4. Rippon

Rippon Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I have not called you any of the things you falsely claim John.

I wish you would apply the truths proclaimed within the pages of your favorite version --that is,if you are really seeking the truth.

5. seekingthetruth

seekingthetruth New Member

No, you called me a hypocrite!

6. preacher4truth

preacher4truth Active Member

You're allowing others to get you twisted.

I think you should pray about this, and then, please, take a good solid look at some of the things others have taught and shown you. Leave off of the debating it, just simply digest it, look at it. I am not saying you have to agree, but I don't think when angry you can make a correct and wise choice.

I know you didn't mean what you've said in your OP, or at the least, when you're calm and you're collected, you'll see it was wrong.

And if we put people on ignore here, heavens sakes, soon enough we'd have no discussions whatsoever!!!! And believe me, I've been on others ignore, and they tell me about it. I think it's supposed to hurt me somehow when they tell me I'm not in their club. :laugh: :tear: :laugh:

But as Iconoclast would say "FIDDLESTICKS!!!!"

I know you're upset John. You'll be OK, just take a break and do some praying.

- Peace

7. Amy.G

Amy.G New Member

Seeking, I hope you don't leave. You have to have some thick skin around here. I've been called everything you can imagine in the last 5 years.
    I enjoy your posts and hope you'll stay. :flower:

8. Luke2427

Luke2427 Active Member

Apparently the title liar would be suitable as well since none of us has said any of those things.

#8 Luke2427, Nov 13, 2011
  9. Don

Don Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Actually, if a person associates himself with certain teachings, and those teachings are identified as heretical, cult-like, and/or in darkness, then the logical conclusion is that the individual is considered a heretic, cultist, and/or in darkness.

I know, I know; you were critiquing the teachings and doctrine, not the person. But a person who continues to follow "heretical teachings" must, by the very nature of those teachings, be a heretic.

So while I think this whole thing between you and Seeking is pretty infantile, you calling him a "liar" is absolutely wrong.

#9 Don, Nov 13, 2011
  10. David Lamb

David Lamb Active Member

Friends, shouldn't matters such as these be dealt with privately?

Remember, all these posts can be seen by anybody - you don't have to be a member of the BB to read them.

There are various alternatives for dealing with such problems in a private way:

1. Each message on the BB has a "Report" link. (It's that white triangle, outlined in red, just above the poster's details, such as Join Date and Location.)

2. Send a PM to the BB member(s) who have caused you offence. It may well turn out to have been a misunderstanding.

3. As a last resort, email one of the Moderators for the foum concerned.

11. Dr. Bob

Dr. Bob Administrator
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    closed for obvious reasons

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.