1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

The First New Covenant Sermon

Discussion in 'Other Christian Denominations' started by adisciplinedlearner, Jul 26, 2010.

1. Amy.G

Amy.G New Member

Do you worship in your home with your family only or are others outside of your family present as well?

2. Dr. Walter

Dr. Walter New Member

Who are "we"??? Who are the "we" that are proper candidates for baptism? Those who do not believe with their heart the gospel (Rom. 10:10)? Those who do not confess with their mouth salvation (Rom. 10:10)? Those who are still in blindness and ignorance of the truth and thus "alienated from the life of God"(Eph. 4:18)? Those who are at "enmity" with God and in rebellion to God (Rom. 8:7)? Those who cannot understand spiritual things (1 Cor. 2:14)? Who are the "we" that you baptize?

3. adisciplinedlearner

adisciplinedlearner New Member

We are baptized with water and the Holy Spirit when we are immersed in water. There is only one baptism with both internal and external components.

The case of Cornelius is very puzzling to me in many ways, and I do not have his conversion totally figured out. All I know is that the people called Christians in the New Testament were repentant, believing, immersed individuals.

4. adisciplinedlearner

Right now, it is just our family.

5. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

And that is works salvation.
    It is proof again that you believe atoms of hydrogen and oxygen wash away your sin, and not the blood of Jesus.
    The blood of Jesus is not found in a baptismal tank.

6. adisciplinedlearner

7. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

8. steaver

steaver Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    You see? You are trying to figure out how to make these examples like Cornelius fit your supposed new found "enlightenment". That is not the way to study the scriptures and form sound doctrines. You are doing the exact opposite of what you set out to do. You are not letting the full counsel of God's word form the doctrine.

I pray God you will see that something has triggered an apostasy within you. You have even rejected God's family which He Himself has established in many "denominations" throughout this world for our well being, to guard us against the very thing that has happened to you. You have isolated yourself, you have strayed from the flock and from the safety and benefits found in God's people.

You won't spiritually thrive alone brother, you will slowly wither and fall prey to more and more confused thoughts. And you will bring your family down with you of whom you are responsible for before God.

I pray you will reconsider your decision to leave God's institution.

Eph 4:11 And he gave some, apostles; and some, prophets; and some, evangelists; and some, pastors and teachers;
    Eph 4:12 For the perfecting of the saints, for the work of the ministry, for the edifying of the body of Christ:
    Eph 4:13 Till we all come in the unity of the faith, and of the knowledge of the Son of God, unto a perfect man, unto the measure of the stature of the fulness of Christ:
    Eph 4:14 That we [henceforth] be no more children, tossed to and fro, and carried about with every wind of doctrine, by the sleight of men, [and] cunning craftiness, whereby they lie in wait to deceive;

1Cr 12:21 And the eye cannot say unto the hand, I have no need of thee: nor again the head to the feet, I have no need of you.

Can you alone be all the parts necessary for your family's spiritual well being? Absolutely not. To say you can be is to denouce God's word that says you cannot be. WE are called to be part of a local assembly for our edifying.

You are in a dangerous place brother. I pray God you will follow His plan.

9. Gerhard Ebersoehn

Gerhard Ebersoehn Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    GE:
    Can a on-the-Sabbath-Day-worshipping-believer congregate and worship with you? And if not, Why not?

PS, I ask my --- sorry, OUR own Church this question, every Sunday.

10. Gerhard Ebersoehn

Gerhard Ebersoehn Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    You see, Jesus did say, we --- his Body the Church --- will no longer worship God "here, or there", but, "in Spirit and in Truth", ON ONE CONDITION: That there be “GATHERED TOGETHER” believers and worshippers of God and his Christ.

Now no two people can do that, first,

of their own ‘free will’, but they had to have agreed among themselves on WHEN, before; and

two, BEING CHRISTIANS, no two people can do that of their own ‘free will’, but ‘ACCORDING TO THE SCRIPTURES’ by reason of the resurrection of Christ from the dead, “Sabbath’s” in which Christ joined man and God in spiritual bond and covenant of grace in Resurrection-Life together as the Body of Christ’s Own in time and upon earth until He had come again.

#70 Gerhard Ebersoehn, Jul 27, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 27, 2010
  11. steaver

steaver Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Say what?? :confused:

12. adisciplinedlearner

Brother Steaver, Thank you for your genuine concern about my spiritual well-being. I have not rejected Christ's church or God's family. I have rejected denominational Christendom, which I consider ecclesiastical Babylon.

13. Dr. Walter

Dr. Walter New Member

You have rejected Jesus Christ and His works alone as sufficient propitiation of God's violated righteousness. You have replaced "faith" for Christ and instead of faith "IN" Christ for justification as your only hope of salvation you have inserted your own works. You have apostatized and are preaching "another gospel" and thus are "accursed" by God.

14. adisciplinedlearner

Only a gospel of salvation by human merit is an accursed gospel. I do not believe in salvation by human merit.

15. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

Baptism is human merit.
    Forgiveness of sins comes before baptism.
    Keeping that in mind, yours is a works salvation which is accursed as has been noted.

16. adisciplinedlearner

There is no more human merit in being baptized than there is in repenting and believing. We cannot do anything to merit God's favor or acceptance.

17. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

Who baptizes you? Christ or man. It is man. It is human merit. Prove me wrong!

18. adisciplinedlearner

Do you honestly believe man can do anything to merit God's favor or acceptance? I do not.

19. Dr. Walter

Dr. Walter New Member

That is not the context of Galatians 1:8-9! The accursed gospel is any gospel that includes JOINT PARTICIPATION of your works with Christ's works as justification before God - that is the accursed gospel.

20. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

You have just admitted that you have a gospel of works. Baptism is a work of merit, a work of man. You have an accursed gospel of works, by your own admission.