1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured The Flag

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by Servent, Jun 22, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Maybe you want to rethink this statement.

2. Hope

Hope New Member

It won't stop there!

They take the flag today and the battlefields will be shut down and not federally funded tomorrow.

3. robustheologian

robustheologian Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    :applause: Matt. 5:29-30

4. Revmitchell

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
  5. Bro. James

Bro. James Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    That is a remarkably viral picture. Is it possible that both sides were/are still wrong? We had troops segregated by skin color through WWII.

It is long past time to do the right thing.

Jesus will probably have to settle this one too. Are we ready?

Even so, come, Lord Jesus.

Bro. James

#25 Bro. James, Jun 23, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 23, 2015
  6. Grasshopper

Grasshopper Active Member
    Site Supporter

PHP:
    No, not sure what the different theories on the death of Lincoln has to do with how a black American might view the flag.

7. salzer mtn

salzer mtn Well-Known Member

I worked in the department of correction for thirty two years. In those years I had black people for supervisors and I guarded black as well as white inmates. I also as a kid lived in Detroit in a neighborhood that had black people. I can tell you this, black people that are not Christians have a hatred for white people. I was constantly baited by black inmates to fall into their trap. Once I was ask by a black inmate, "would you let your daughter marry a black man" ? I replied, I don't have a daughter. They don't have to look at a flag as a symbol of pain and suffering, all they have to do is look at a white person and it takes them beyond pain and suffering to hate. Black people can wear t-shirts that display black power, Malcom X pictures and nothing is said.

8. Grasshopper

Grasshopper Active Member
    Site Supporter

Wow!

This is unbelievable. Black criminals attitude represent all blacks.

I don't see them being flown on flag poles on public property, but I do agree that Malcom X shirts are the equivalent of the Confederate flag. Thanks for making my point.

Perhaps we should all ask what's best for the Kingdom and not our own interests.

http://americanvision.org/12130/the...ocrisy-of-flying-the-confederate-battle-flag/

9. salzer mtn

I do not base all my opinion on convicts. When we lived in Detroit Mich. a few years we had a plum tree in the back yard. Mother was waiting on the plums to get ripe to pick them. One morning when we awakened from sleep the tree was full of black kids picking the plums. My uncle lived across the street and had planted a garden. The black teenagers slipped across the fence and destroyed the garden. I could go on and on.

10. Use of Time

Use of Time Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    That is a pretty myopic world view.

11. Revmitchell

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Why is it when it is a white man's experience it is myopic but if it is a black man it is well deserved?

12. Use of Time

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Are we basing this conversation on one black mans anecdotal stories now or a collective opinion? They aren't the same Rev.

13. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Agreed.

However, Giving in to PC terrorists only makes them thirst for more.

14. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    It has to go to the legislature for final resolution.

15. Revmitchell

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Take your pic either way it is the same.

16. AntennaFarmer

AntennaFarmer Member

The Confederate flag in question is a memorial to American soldiers who defended their country. It should remain in place.

It is completely unreasonable to blame a symbol loved by many for the misuse of that symbol by a murderer. There are always people who will misuse any symbol. You have to consider the intent of those who display it. Evil men have also displayed the cross of Christ. Is it therefore proper to banish the cross? No! Likewise, the Confederate Battle Flag is displayed in South Carolina by the descendants to honor their soldiers who died in that war. It should not be removed.

To deny the right of any people to commemorate their dead is a crime in itself. In the years after the war the soldiers and people on both sides agreed to put animosity aside. After that time the soldiers of both sides were given equal honor. There are Confederate soldiers buried in Arlington Cemetery. If you dishonor the Confederates you also dishonor the Union soldiers.

I too mourn those who died in the Church at Charleston. I would it were not so. Instead of destroying (in anger) a memorial to others we should erect a memorial to those who died that day. Build a memorial to those Christian brothers and sisters to let the world know that we loved them. Build it high!

A.F.

#36 AntennaFarmer, Jun 24, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 24, 2015
  17. Zaac

Zaac Well-Known Member

Just dumb.

It's a symbol of enslavement and white supremacy.

Pure foolishness. You sound like those folks from the 60s and "If we give them N*****s the right to vote, then they're gonna want to go to our schools and marry our sons and daughters. Where will it end?" :rolleyes:

18. Zaac

Zaac Well-Known Member

Much, much foolishness being spewed by you as usual. American History has been whitewashed the last 150+ years. Now you talk about eliminating any and all history, then talk about how the white rioters burned down the Black WallStreet because they were jealous and wanted to make sure there was no history of the place left to be told.

19. salzer mtn

Wal Mart and Amazon and Target and other have decided to not sell the Confederate flag anymore. Amazon said their sales of the Confederate flag went up over 2000% per cent in the last few days. This is what the silent majority is saying. Zaac, I know you are a black person, your speech is a dead give a way but white people have rights too.

20. Use of Time

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    What? He said that all black people that aren't Christians hate white people. Apparently his experience as a corrections officer qualifies him to make this ridiculous statement. That is a myopic world view. Full stop.

Why are you trying to deflect instead of responding to his statement and my proper use of the word myopic? I think even you would have to agree that it was an offensive statement.

#40 Use of Time, Jun 24, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 24, 2015
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.