1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured The Flag

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by Servent, Jun 22, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    You added the word "all" of which he never said.

2. Use of Time

Use of Time Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    He said black people with absolutely no qualifier Rev. Why are you doing this quibbling thing with me now?

This is your problem Rev. You are now looking at this conversation as something to be won so now we play word games.

By the way, this is another one of those examples of how black people are always talked about in the negative around here.

I'm not going to be rude, I'm going to hang in here with you and be cordial but I need you to at least play it straight man.

3. Revmitchell

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Why does he need a qualifier? This is the constant misrepresentation I grow tired of. I will leave you to your thoughts but they are sad.

4. salzer mtn

salzer mtn Well-Known Member

My youngest son works around black people and his children plays sports with black people. He thought he had friends that were black people. He found out the hard way what I have known all my life. The black people he has came into contact with over the years that he thought were nice people and his friends were on their face books during all of this racial unrest putting down white people. My son told my wife and his mother, if this is what they think of white people I don't want any contact with them any more.

5. Use of Time

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    He needs a qualifier because when you say black people it means black people. Like, all of them.

You haven't changed a bit Rev.

6. Revmitchell

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    If he has not said all then you should not accuse him of all. If you have a question about it then you should ask for clarification before leveling an accusation. He did not say all therefore it is unfair to accuse him of it. Doing so without asking clarification is a false witness.

Now if you believe expressing my view and that it is different from yours mean I have not changed then that is up to you. I doubt you will find a consensus on that.

7. salzer mtn

Use Of Time I dare you to go to a large city like NY. or a small town like Chattanooga TN. or Memphis TN. and walk down the sidewalk streets after dark. I guarantee, you will be a expert on the subject after that, if you are alive the next morning.

8. Use of Time

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Really man. So you should be able to point out the exact number of black people he was talking about since it's not all of them right Rev?

It almost sounds like a qualifier would be helpful...doesn't it?

9. Revmitchell

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    No you can't, who said he was trying to give an exact number.

Of course but you added your own qualifier.

10. Use of Time

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    NYC - Check, still alive
    Memphis - Check, still alive
    Baghdad - Check, still alive
    Los Angeles - Check, still alive
    Boston - Check, still alive
    Norfolk - Check, still alive
    Indianapolis - Check, still alive

On a serious note, it is really sad that you think that way.

11. righteousdude2

righteousdude2 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Thanks ... this shows that even black folk are racist when the pedal hits the medal. Why do you think the big "O" is using his bully pulpit to push his agenda?

12. Use of Time

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    So we've gone from "why does he need a qualifier" to "of course he needs a qualifier." This is getting really tedious Rev.

Follow me on this. Black people means black people. Without an excluding qualifier, then if the person is black, they fit into his statement. There is no excluding qualifier such as incarcerated black people, inner city black people, or even most black people. Just black people.

13. salzer mtn

Instead of Black people getting upset about a flag. Instead of Political people getting up set over a flag why don't they get upset about the Crips and Bloods that come out after dark with their tattoo logo all over their bodies and their red or blue bandanas displaying their colors. That is their flag, so why not quit making and selling blue or red bandanas.

14. Revmitchell

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    With no specific amount assigned as you have already pointed out. Therefore when you assign your own qualifier then you have misrepresented him. That very fact that you added a qualifier kills your own argument.

Do not say someone said all when they did not say all.

15. Use of Time

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Black people on it's own implies all Rev. I can explain the English language to you but I can't understand it for you. You've been shifting goal posts this whole argument playing games because like the old Rev. you have the inability to concede. So we quibble now. I don't want to do it anymore.

16. Use of Time

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Pretty sure that people do get upset about Crips and Bloods and the things they've done. They are criminals. They aren't getting a free pass.

17. InTheLight

InTheLight Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I missed the part in the Constitution where it says white people have the right to buy Confederate flags. Where is that written?

18. Salty

Salty 20,000 Posts Club
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Where does the Constitution say it prohibits a white person from having the right to buy a CSA flag?

19. InTheLight

InTheLight Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    OK, he said "black people who are not Christians hate white people". Therefore, according to his statement all non - Christian black people hate white people.

20. salzer mtn

I had a cousin that worked as an undercover agent during the period when the government declared war on drugs. After a period of time my cousin told my aunt, we are not winning the war on drugs. There are certain areas in big cities that cops want even patrol after dark. The Crips and Bloods own the night, nothing is being done but instead people are upset about a flag. :laugh:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.