1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured The Flag

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by Servent, Jun 22, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. HankD

HankD Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Because the handwriting is on the wall. Sooner or later it will be illegal to own one. It will be deemed a hate crime.

But, so what? As one of our famous politicians has said :

"what difference at this point does it make?".

After all, it's all going up in a fusion meltdown:

2 Peter 3
    10 But the day of the Lord will come as a thief in the night; in the which the heavens shall pass away with a great noise, and the elements shall melt with fervent heat, the earth also and the works that are therein shall be burned up.
    11 Seeing then that all these things shall be dissolved, what manner of persons ought ye to be in all holy conversation and godliness,
    12 Looking for and hasting unto the coming of the day of God, wherein the heavens being on fire shall be dissolved, and the elements shall melt with fervent heat?

HankD

2. MicahJF612

MicahJF612 Member

Well, I am simply amazed at the incredible amount of racism I saw recorded in this forum. Claiming Zaac is black because you "know the way he talks"? I am amazed.

If we are to be loving Christians, we must ask that a symbol which terrifies millions of people be removed. Period. This doesn't mean that next, they're coming for your US flags or something. You all know that is just a slippery slope fallacy. Stop defending your 'history' and start defending the downtrodden people, like Jesus said to do.

3. wpe3bql

wpe3bql Member

BTW, I did stop at the Nashville Cooter's Store this afternoon and guess what?

Their stock of General Lee's that were used in the production of "The Dukes of Hazzard" STILL have the Stars and Bars on their roofs.

Guess the DOJ just hasn't got around to either closing 'em down..........................................or maybe it's just that it takes a bunch of orange paint to cover over all of "01's" roofs. (Yah Thank??!!??) :thumbs::tonofbricks:

4. Salty

Salty 20,000 Posts Club
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    How is it racist to call someone black?
    Just what is your definition of racist?

1) why does a flag terrify people - or were they just told it is supposed to terrify you?
    2) So anything that terrifies me should be taken down? Since the homose/ual flag terrify me - should that be prohibited?
    3) As far as the USA Flag - many are already stomping, burring, disrespecting it - ect...
    4) How are Southerns defending history
    A) if its defending slavery - you are absolutely wrong
    B) if its supporting the 10th amendment - then it needs to be defended

and you do realize that many Blacks did fight for the CSA - and even today Blacks support the CSA flag.

5. Zenas

Zenas Active Member

It's not just the stars and bars that the PC crowd is after. A 15-ft marble statue of Jefferson Davis stands in the capitol rotunda in Frankfort, Kentucky, along with four other statues of famous native sons. Both candidates for governor, to be elected this fall, have called for its removal. The state's two largest newspapers, together with many smaller papers, have called for its removal. They will never be satisfied until every vestige of the Confederacy has been removed from our collective memory. The can't change history but they can make the information about it so difficult to get that only academics will have access to what really happened in 1861-1864.

And that's not all. At the site of Davis' birth place is a state park named after him and featuring a 351-ft obelisk erected by the United Daughters of the Confederacy. It was built to resemble the Washington monument and it's the tallest structure in Kentucky outside Louisville and Lexington. I don't know how soon they will tear down this monument but there are already rumblings. Lord, protect us from the thought police!

6. Zaac

Zaac Well-Known Member

If you say so. I don't have a problem with you picturing me as a black guy. :thumbsup:

7. righteousdude2

righteousdude2 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    This board was not racist until Zaac showed up and began calling everyone names and posting provocative and inflammatory posts that are in fact race baiting!

I know you are new here, so I'll just say this. He has admitted he is black. No one that I know has accused him of being black by his manner of speech! Although his manner of speech is subject to and offensive to the rest of us. Stick around and you may see why people on this board speak as they do when it comes to him! :flower:

In your mind and heart of hearts, maybe this is true, but just like you, there are people on the other side in this issue, that see it way differently, so please stop trying to equate or make this a Biblical issue. Your views can be viewed or construed as being unbiblical too, as much as the views of those who support and like the flag!

This is a cultural thing, not a biblical one!

IN my way of seeing things, the black people are not as downtrodden as the Native Americans, who were kicked off their hunting grounds, and forced to live on reservations! If you want to discuss a more recent group of "downtrodden" folks, how about all the Jews who were nearly wiped off the face of this earth, and still face much hatred and the prospect of being wiped off the face of the earth by the radical Muslims in our world!

How about women and girls around this world. They are still viewed as second class, subservient citizens to males in most cultures around are world. They are bought and sold daily. Where is your concern for them?

The world has a long way to go when it comes to treating people at humans, and it doesn't start and stop with the black skinned folks!

There are always two sides to the coin, and the blacks are not the only "downtrodden" folks in America or around this world! You are seeing things in black and white (which makes you rather colorblind, and not as perfect as you'd like to think), and not in the eyes of the colors of all races and cultures!

Grow up ... and stop with the pity party for blacks! They aren't the first and they won't be the last to be treated wrong at some time in history! As I said .... the human race is a work in progress. We have come a long way, but we aren't there yet! :praying:

8. righteousdude2

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Stop with the pity party and with drumming up support for your hate speech rhetoric! You have as much as admitted to all of us at an earlier time that you are in fact black! NO one is picking on you because of your hatred or the manner of your speech! You started off as a troll, and you have progressed to being our resident black troll.

Remember, you are known by your works and your words. And you have pointed that finger at yourself many times in the past!

I know you have never actually said you were black, Zaac, but you never denied it when it was discussed or you were asked, point blank. What do you expect us to believe??? Especially when you enjoy calling us old, fat, white men? Do you think another old fat white man would call us old fat white men? I doubt it! :laugh:

9. MicahJF612

MicahJF612 Member

As a Jewish person, I'm frankly disgusted at your patronizing tone. I am well aware of the injustices faced by women, Jews, Muslims, blacks, Hispanics, and many other minorities at the hands of those in power. When it comes time to defend their rights, I will stand up for them. But this instance is not the time nor place, and you're deploying the classic tactic of distraction to ignore the issue.

This IS a Biblical and ethical question. It's one thing to be offended by the flag displayed by the homosexual community. It's quite another to have a flag used to fight a war to keep your ancestors underfoot waving over your head and repeating the message.

I don't care if Zaac is purple. The fact that Salty claims he can "tell Zaac is black because of how he talks" is endemic of the racism displayed in this conversation. One cannot tell another's race based on the dialect they choose to use in text. He is deliberately treating him as though he's different because he assumes his race is different, which is the very definition of racism.

Tell me honestly: Would Jesus wave the flag? Would he celebrate a symbol used for hate to keep down those below? Or would he stand with those below, as he did throughout his ministry?

If we are to be Christians, how can we do anything else?

10. righteousdude2

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    To begin with ... by blood and spiritual adoption I am also the child of Jewish heritage.

Secondly ... this forum is for Baptists! According to your info, you are " sort of Baptist?!" That sort of thing does not qualify you for posting in this forum. Sorry, but you're either a Baptist, or you're not.

Now to your comments: Patronizing, you? Hardly!!!

Classic distraction tactic. Not I. But you, distracting, yes! In trying to make this biblical. Frankly I don't see Jesus accepting much of what goes on around here. And in time you will see what I mean. This is not so much about Christianity, but common civility. And if we can get there, being civil towards one another, then we can discuss how Jesus would handle this topic.

My points were right on and if you can't see that, well my apologies.

BTW -welcome to the board. :thumbs:

#90 righteousdude2, Jun 26, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 26, 2015
  11. Salty

Salty 20,000 Posts Club
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    I do realize my memory is going, so can you remind me when and where I said Zaac is black based on how he talks

12. Rolfe

Rolfe Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    That does not seem like something that Salty would post. You need to provide his quote or apologise for your unfounded claim.

13. plain_n_simple

plain_n_simple Active Member

Welcome to Baptist Board

14. salzer mtn

salzer mtn Well-Known Member

15. righteousdude2

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Thanks! And I agree that for zaac and myself, in Christ I am color blind. It is his racist rants and hatred toward the majority of members on this board that upsets me. When he comes down on one he is coming down on ALL of us. As a brother in Christ, you just don't say the things he says and gets a "free pass!"

16. Earth Wind and Fire

Earth Wind and Fire Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Quote (or Part of one) from Shelby Foote regarding the confederate flag.

Fanatics we couldn’t do without, but God knows they make a lot of trouble. I can no longer engage in any conversation about the Confederate flag, because you’ve got the black fanatics on one end and redneck yahoos on the other. We people in between-who, I suspect probably are a minority-can’t be heard for the racket. So I stay out of that fuss, except to say that I’m for the Confederate flag flying anywhere anybody wants to fly it at any time. If they have a referendum in a state that says “Take the flag down off the state capitol,” I think they ought to take the flag down. But the flag to me represents many noble things. It is strange to me how they can single out the Confederate flag and not have any objections to, say, the Japanese flag and the march on Bataan. There seems to be no understanding that the Civil War was really an argument between one form of society and another form of society. There’s no way I can get people to see that the soldiers were not much concerned about slavery on either side. I really do understand the pain that an intelligent black feels when he sees the Confederate flag, because the Confederate flag, back in the ’60s and ’70s, was carried by yahoos who represented everything that had held them down and abused them.

17. salzer mtn

salzer mtn Well-Known Member

Seyo (greetings) I am part tsalagi (Cherokee) on my uji (mothers) side of the family. The red man has been trying for years to get the Indian logo taken off of baseball and football. The Red man is ignored, why ? because the red man doesn't have as large of a voting block as other minorities. This flag removal is all politics. Wada (thank you)

18. Zenas

Zenas Active Member

:thumbsup::thumbsup:

19. Rolfe

Rolfe Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Also part Cherokee on my Mother's side. Does not bother me a bit. Neither does the Viking portrayed on football helmets.

People are too sensitive.

20. Zaac

Zaac Well-Known Member

You are so simple. I can wax eloquently with the Harvard elite and I can speak in a manner that allows me to communicate with the kids( White and Black) in my inner city mentoring program no matter what the age range.

But it's all well and good as I do not have a problem with you thinking I'm black. :laugh:

But your statement is as ridiculous as the the black folks who tell other Blacks who speak properly that they talk like they are white. Or the white folks who tell Blacks "you're the whitest black guy I've ever seen" because they speak properly.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.