1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

The flimsy foundation of ME

Discussion in 'Baptist Theology & Bible Study' started by npetreley, Aug 11, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lacy Evans

Lacy Evans New Member

Can the blood keep me from chastisement? Can the blood guarantee that I will be rewarded with ten cities and not five and not few stripes and not many stripes?

What is ithe "much" that is "given", if it is not first eternal salvation, and then gifts of the Holy Ghost? Surely this whole passage refers to a saved "servant"!

What is the rule "over all that he hath" that the obedient "find-so-doing" servant stands to get when the Lord "cometh" if not the reward of ruling and reigning in the Kingdom?

And what is the "portion with the unbelievers", the few stripes, and the many stripes, threatened here (When he cometh) for the same servant if he instead stops watching, if not some serious chastening at the JSOC?

Lacy

2. ByGracethroughFaith

ByGracethroughFaith New Member

This is my first post, nothing like JJumping right in.

Instead of using a strawman, why not go right to the Bible and just replace the name 'John' with 'Solomon' (1 Kings 11:1-13 noting the timing in his life from verse 4)? Where is Solomon now? Is he saved?

At the JSOC Solomon will lose some of his rewards because of his backsliding, but he has eternal life.

BGTF

3. Lacy Evans

Lacy Evans New Member

All those things. Like the Hebrew Christian had. Still the warnings couldn't be any more plain.

4. npetreley

npetreley New Member

Welcome! You need to watch out, though. The ME con men will say that Soloman DOES have eternal life, but may spend 1,000 years in hell, first. On the other hand, in the next breath, they will say that "eternal life" is not eternal at all, but age-lasting, which means it only lasts 1,000 years. It's a no-win situation, since they whip out whatever meaning for "eternal" they want in order to perpetuate their heresy.

5. Lacy Evans

Lacy Evans New Member

Actually we do what all good students should and "whip out" whatever dictionary definition of the word fits the context, rather than try to bludgeoningly force one definition of a word upon every context.

Lacy

6. ByGracethroughFaith

Thanks for the heads up. I guess it will be just like trying to nail Jello to a wall.

One of the surest tests of a false religion or cult is that they have no assurance of salvation. Not sure why someone would want to live like that when the Bible explicitly tells you otherwise.

BGTF

7. npetreley

npetreley New Member

Again, they get around that by saying you have assurance of your eternal life AFTER the millennium.

It's a very clever system of deceit, I'll have to give them that much credit. They're careful to dance between two "gospels", one where you simply believe to get eternal life (as in forever), and one where you have to do good works to get eternal life (as in 1,000 years).

If you challenge them on one, they simply shift to the other and say you're wrong. If you corner them, they simply say, "Precisely! You proved my point!" This leaves you scratching your head wondering what in the lake of fire they're talking about, because you really contradicted their point, not proved it. But when all else is lost, confusion is their goal.

I hope we see the day when they're all kicked off the board. That may never happen, but it would do BB a lot of good. This works-based gospel heresy should be squashed without mercy.

8. standingfirminChrist

In the past, JJump has always told people to pm him and he would go one on one with them and explain the whole nine yards of this message they preach.

My problem with that is, why one on one? Why not post every single thing they think proves their point in the main threads so all can benefit?

God is not a respector of persons when it comes to sharing the truth, why should they be?

I think we all know the answer to that.

9. npetreley

npetreley New Member

I agree. Anything you have to explain in PM obviously can't stand the light of day.

10. ByGracethroughFaith

Sounds like you have been around the block a few times with them.

Their arguments are just like any other cult. It's 'full and present' assurance that the Bible gives us.

Nevertheless, their belief system is required, for if one had only the choice to believe the truth and nothing else, then everyone would be saved. False systems of religion are merely a mechanism to sort out the wheat from the chaff.

BGTF

11. npetreley

npetreley New Member

Here's a sample of the double-talk you get from ME folks. They have claimed all of the following are true:

1. We believers have eternal life by grace through faith plus nothing.

2. We believers must earn eternal life by works. If we do not do good works, we will suffer eternal damnation in the lake of fire/hell.

3. If we, as believers, have any unconfessed sin when we die, we will spend eternity in the lake of fire/hell.

4. The above are different aspects of a single gospel.

5. The above are actually two or more gospels, including the gospel of grace, and the gospel of the kingdom. (They ignore Paul's warning that if anyone preach another gospel, which is no gospel at all, let him be accursed.)

6. There are at least 3 salvations we must obtain by grace and by works.

7. Justification is entirely by works. There is no answer to the fact that the Bible says God is the one who justifies, and that by the works of the law no flesh shall be justified. It is as if these verses do not exist. Only the misrepresented verse in James exists.

8. Romans 8, in reference to "if God is for us, who can be against us?", asks the question, "Who is he who condemns?" ME folk actually insist this passage says it is Christ who condemns! (I kid you not!)

9. We have our own righteousness apart from the righteousness of Christ, and our righteousness is what qualifies us for eternal life.

10. Ignoring all of the passages about how we are not in bondage again to fear, and the perfect love casts out all fear because fear has to do with punishment (which we will not experience) -- ME folk claim that the "good" reason for threatening to send us to eternal damnation in hell is that fear will make us behave.

[Warning: Like the ME folk, I have used "eternal" and "1,000 years" interchangeably. What's good for the goose...]

#91 npetreley, Aug 12, 2007
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 12, 2007
  12. Hope of Glory

Hope of Glory New Member

Well, that's something upon which we agree.

13. Hope of Glory

Hope of Glory New Member

Let's see... To whom is this addressed?

Colossians 1:2: To the saints and faithful brethren in Christ which are at Colosse: Grace [be] unto you, and peace, from God our Father and the Lord Jesus Christ.

It is addressed to those saved individuals who are being faithful and have an outward showing of that faith.

We should muse on that, when we muse upon who will appear with him in glory.

Now, this passage does not exclude others, in and of itself, but neither does it include others. So, it can only be used for "saints and faithful brethren". (Matthew 12:50 tells us that brethren are those who are being obedient, but Jesus was a legalist according to some, since, since, according to them, we don't need to be obedient.)

14. Hope of Glory

Hope of Glory New Member

Funny thing about it, those who try to prove that you can become unsaved use these same verses.

They at least do not shut their eyes to the fact that these passages are warnings given to saved people.

15. Hope of Glory

Hope of Glory New Member

I will tell you exactly why.

I converse with many people privately. Some of them, I PM. Some of them are on the "other" side of this debate, but we can have a rational, adult discussion, minus the outright lies, name-calling, and **insutl removed** when it is done privately.

Others PM me wanting information, but they are afraid of being attacked by the lies, name-calling, and vituperousness of others, and don't want the confrontation.

If an individual think their position is just, why do they resort to lies? TC Greek, even though we are at odds on this discussion, behaves righteously and debates in an adult, rational manner without resorting to lies and name-calling. There are a few others.

Sadly, a few look at the outright lies being perpetuated by npetreley (and a couple of others) and actually believe they are things that we have said. My only consolation is that some who have PMed me have done so specifially because of his behavior, and has made them wonder why he would be so irrational. (I think maybe he's feeling some conviction going on!)

#95 Hope of Glory, Aug 12, 2007
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 12, 2007
  16. standingfirminChrist

The truth be told, when you take them to pm, they are not distracted by the truth going on in the main thread that God wants them to hear.

17. Jarthur001

Jarthur001 Active Member

I see you are new here. Being dizzy from some of the post is just part of this board. Try to back him into a corner and your laptop will actually spin around the room 3 times...a pretty cool trick. :)

18. Lazarus

Lazarus New Member

I believe in eternal security!

Good Morning

19. standingfirminChrist

Amen. He is faithful who promised. He will keep you and in no wise cast you out if you are His (contrary to the ME doctrine).

20. Lacy Evans

Lacy Evans New Member

Are you a prophet sir?, Able to judge the deepest secrets of men?

This is terrible form. You ask him a question. He gives you an honest answer. Then you come back with this judgmental "I know you better than you know you" junk! I think you have become too emotionally involved in this topic, because that was just mean.

Lacy

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.