1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured The forgiveness of sins !

Discussion in 'Other Christian Denominations' started by savedbymercy, May 26, 2012.

1. savedbymercy

savedbymercy New Member

It is quite apparent that God's People, those whom Christ died for and accomplished for them the forgiveness of their sins Matt 26:28

28 For this is my blood of the new testament, which is shed for many for the remission or forgiveness of sins.

And hence God shall remember their iniquties [in a way of Justice] no more Heb 8:12

12 For I will be merciful to their unrighteousness, and their sins and their iniquities will I remember no more.

It is clear that they are not the same people whom shall remain in Mystery Babylon, the false religions of the world, whom God hath remembered [in judgment and justice] and condemnation their iniquties per Rev 18:4-5

4 And I heard another voice from heaven, saying, Come out of her, my people, that ye be not partakers of her sins, and that ye receive not of her plagues.

5 For her sins have reached unto heaven, and God hath remembered her iniquities.

All such people Christ did not died for them for the remission of their sins !

2. The Biblicist

The Biblicist Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

He died "for the remission of their sins" but they only receive it through faith (Acts 10:43).

3. savedbymercy

savedbymercy New Member

They receive a knowledge of it through Faith. However the fact of it is there before they receive the Knowledge of it. God through His Preachers gives His people a Knowledge of their salvation through the remission of their sins Lk 1:77

77 To give knowledge of salvation unto his people by the remission of their sins,

4. The Biblicist

Site Supporter

Of course the gospel provides knowledge of salvation but it is faith in the gospel that provides "remission of sins" just as Peter says in Acts 10:43:

43 To him give all the prophets witness, that through his name whosoever believeth in him shall receive remission of sins.

The elect are not saved before they are saved - "Whosoever shall call upon the Lord shall be saved"

Go learn what this means - "I have purposed it; I SHALL do it" - Isa. 46:11

You are so ignorant of the very simple things of gospel salvation. You cannot discern between purpose and fulfilment of purpose.

5. savedbymercy

savedbymercy New Member

Faith gives the Knowledge of remission of sins. Thats how the Elect come to know of it. Christ accomplished it for them with God before they knew about it.

They receiving the knowledge of it is not when Christ accomplished it for them before God's Law and Justice !

6. The Biblicist

Site Supporter

"This IS eternal life that they might KNOW thee the only true God and......"

There is no SPIRITUAL UNION with God apart from this KNOWLEDGE just as there is no REMISSION OF SIN apart from this KNOWLEDGE. This KNOWLEGE is inseparable from the effectual calling of God in connection with the empowment of the gospel (2 Cor. 4:6; 1 Thes. 1:4-5).

The eternal counsel of God saves no one except by intent and promise. The life and death of Christ saves no one APART FROM the work of the Holy Spirit in applying what Christ provided FOR THE ELECT!

What you cannot see is that when God speaks of the salvation provided in His purpose and in the work of Christ it is never to the exlusion of ALL THREE COVENANT PARTIES AND THEIR WORK. However, you ISOLATE one from the other and make them stand INDEPENDENT from the Others which THEY DO NOT! When one aspect is referred to as redemptive it is always to be understood in its connection with the other aspects and NEVER EVER apart from them.

Hence, we are saved by the purpose of God BECAUSE that entails the carrying out of that purpose. Hence, we are saved by the redemptive work of Christ BECAUSE that entails both the purpose of God and its carrying out by the Holy Spirit.

#26 The Biblicist, Jun 6, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 6, 2012
  7. Yeshua1

Yeshua1 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    the death of jesus provided the basis/means of the elect to get saved, but save NONE, until the HS convicted them of their sin state, and granted them faith to believe and receive jesus, than it avails!