1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

The Fourth Kind

Discussion in 'Baptist Theology & Bible Study' started by Aaron, Mar 1, 2011.

1. Aaron

Aaron Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Watched The Fourth Kind at the behest of a fella at work. Just another Blair Witch deal, but creepy nonetheless. The guy at work asserts that the "actual" footage and recordings are real. I don't know why. I guess he just wants to believe it.

I said, if they're real, then the phenomenon is best explained as demon possession.

Who says that what we call demons aren't aliens? He replied.

Either way, I said, it's bigger than you and me and something to be scared of (speaking as a man).

But that got me thinking. Isn't it interesting that men prefer a world in which there is no God or help against a naturalistic "devil," to the world in which God, and man through Him, can fell the devil with one little word.

2. glfredrick

glfredrick New Member

With the decline of the Judeo/Christian worldview in America (and around the world) we can expect to see a rise in animism, paganism, etc.

People need "something" to explain para-normal and super-natural natured things they experience in everyday life, and with no solid belief system to structure those beliefs and experiences, they will eventually default to the common human perception that there is a demon or spirit in every rock, tree, element, act of weather, etc. Funny how, what goes around comes around... Paul gave is a great explanation in Rom 1. When we deny the evidence for a Creator, we will worship creation.