1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

The Free Will of Man

Discussion in 'Other Christian Denominations' started by Heavenly Pilgrim, Jan 12, 2012.

1. Moriah

Moriah New Member

You are confused. How could they say to God “Turn us again” if they are not yet turned! You teach we cannot believe in God unless God supernaturally causes us to believe, since these people, as you say, are asking God to turn them, then tell me, with your beliefs, how can they ask this of God if they are turned away? Your beliefs are false, manufactured by man.

2. Moriah

Moriah New Member

Jesus is speaking about spiritual things here. Jesus is not talking about the physical earthly fathers. Since Jesus is not speaking of earthly fatherhood, then why are you speaking of it here to try to explain what is spiritual?

3. Moriah

Moriah New Member

Romans 10:10 does not say with a "new heart."
    In addition, the men who love darkness and will not come to the light...that is not about every single man on earth...that is about those who do not come into the light.

4. savedbymercy

savedbymercy New Member

moriah

I know, you chose who your father would be lol..

5. Moriah

Moriah New Member

God sent people to give His message; the message came to me; God said to do this and do that; I did as my Master commanded.

God gives His Spirit to those He accepts. See Acts 15:8.

Jesus says he will reveal himself to those who obey him. John 14:23.

What I would like to know, is how you can read what I post from God's Word, and go on as if it were not there?

Did you read the beautiful powerful word from God?

John 14:23 Jesus replied, "If anyone loves me he will obey my teaching. My Father will love him, and we will come to him and make our home with him.

Now, do not repeat Calvin's rubbish.

6. savedbymercy

savedbymercy New Member

1 Cor 1:30

30But of him are ye in Christ Jesus, who of God is made unto us wisdom, and righteousness, and sanctification, and redemption:

The freewillers say in so many words, it is of us, our own freewill, that we are in Christ Jesus, but True believers will say as Paul did here, that it is of Him, God and His will, that we are in Christ Jesus.

7. Moriah

Moriah New Member

I just explained how we are in Christ. Now you show me what I said that was false.

8. Moriah

Moriah New Member

Sbm,

Here is what I posted about how we receive the Holy Spirit. Show me exactly where you say I am wrong.

#28 Moriah, Jan 20, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 20, 2012
  9. billwald

billwald New Member

Jaques:
    All the world's a stage,
    And all the men and women merely players;
    They have their exits and their entrances,
    And one man in his time plays many parts,
    His acts being seven ages.

As You Like It Act 2, scene 7, 139–143

Or maybe the world is a computer generated game between God and Satan - as Job 2 describes.