1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

The Future is WILD!!

Discussion in 'Creation vs. Evolution' started by john6:63, Jul 22, 2003.

1. john6:63

john6:63 New Member

There’s been this program on the Animal Planet, “The Future is Wild,” I have yet to see this program, only the commercials every 30 seconds. However, the program is depicting the evolution of animals in the future.

I know there are evolutionary scientists who don’t believe in God, much less the Bible, so what’s their theory of humans continuing to evolve? From an amoeba to an ape to a human is quite radical, IMO, so we can’t be done evolving. Where are we as humans evolving to? I’d like to know what my future offspring will look like.

Since I take the book of Revelation as a literal prophecy of events to take place in the near future, I can’t see this earth “hanging” around another “billion” years.

2. Meatros

Meatros New Member

That's odd, I thought this program was old. I saw the original on the Discovery channel. Do you know if it's the same thing?

In any event, the show doesn't touch human evolution-it starts with the premise that we humans either died or left the planet.

3. UTEOTW

UTEOTW New Member

I have seen the adverts. Same program.

From what little I saw when it originally aired, admittedly very little, the show is not really worth much. I can see an entertainment value for some, but little else.

4. john6:63

john6:63 New Member

So if evolutionist can depict what future animal will evolve too, how about we humans? If we evolved, we still must be evolving. It wouldn’t make sense to just stop evolving, since the “evidence” is there. Where do these evolutionist see we humans millions of years from now?

5. UTEOTW

UTEOTW New Member

As Meastros said, they presuppose that humans have left the scene for whatever reason. Maybe they give a reason at the beginning. I do not know, I did not see. What little I saw, there were no any humans on earth.

As I tried to point out, the show has very little value outside entertainment for some. We do not know what the selective pressures of the future will be and we do not know what innovations and modifications evolution will come up with to deal with such things.

Evolutionists cannot really say what future animals will look like, including humans. You may be able to make some assumptions and have a go at it. In the short term it may even be reasonable. But this show does not even attempt that.

6. Johnv

Johnv New Member

This is not covered in the program. However, the evolutionary speculation depicted in the program is within the limited natural selection process that many creation literalists in this forum admit is within biblical parameters.

Since this was not covered in the program, it's off topic. Also, it's a speculative subject. If we remain withing the boundaries of limited natural selection, yes, it's possible that humans will evolve. Changes in our height, proportions, dexterity, muscle makeup, skin makeup, etc etc etc, are all within the realm of limited natural selection. But to what extent is dependent on what outside forces act upon the species.

7. Meatros

Meatros New Member

Human evo, isn't covered by the program, however some people are considering what our future would be. I'm totally unsure about how credible this is, and as a point of fact-I haven't even read it-but I've been told this is a good article.