1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

The Galatians fight back

Discussion in '2005 Archive' started by Ben Elohim, Feb 24, 2005.

1. Wes Outwest

Wes Outwest New Member

Wes,
    Please answer this. I would like to read it. Thank you.
    </font>[/QUOTE]1 Cor 7:25. "About people remaining virgin, I have no directions from the Lord, but I give my own opinion as a person who has been granted the Lord's mercy to be faithful.

2. Pastor Larry

Pastor Larry <b>Moderator</b>
    Site Supporter

Bad understanding. When Paul says "The Lord said this," he was referring to direct quotations. When he says, "My opinion ..." he is still working under the teaching of 2 Tim 3:16 and 2 Peter 1:20-21.

3. Wes Outwest

Wes Outwest New Member

Excuse me Pastor Larry, Paul wrote 2 Timothy TOO!

When Paul says that He "has no direction from the Lord", it means that Paul is speaking for himself, giving His own opinion out of his own knowledge or experience! To say otherwise is to hold a wrong understanding.

4. Pastor Larry

Pastor Larry <b>Moderator</b>
    Site Supporter

No it doesn't. That is an unorthodox position on Scripture. 2 Tim 3 says that Scripture is God-breathed, and Titus 1 tells us that it is impossible for God to lie. Therefore, the words of Scripture are the words of God.

You are still treading on thin ice with respect to posting in this forum. If you believe what you are writing, then you are unorthodox and will not be able to post here. This forum is for people who agree on the fact that Scripture is the word of God. YOu apparently do not, since you believe it is the words of Paul without Holy Spirit inspiration.

Paul was "speaking for himself" under the inspiration of the God who cannot lie. Therefore, Paul's words are the words of God.

5. ILUVLIGHT

ILUVLIGHT Guest

Hi Wes;
    The Original Greek word epitageĢ„ can hardly be interpreted as inspiration. This is the correct interpretation from the King James.

1Co 7:25 Now concerning virgins I have no commandment of the Lord: yet I give my judgment, as one that hath obtained mercy of the Lord to be faithful.
    In the Greek

epitageĢ„ Simply means commandment.

An inspiration is this; The infusion of ideas into the mind by the Holy Spirit. Do you see the difference?
    As I've said so many times we loose a lot from scripture simply because of translation.

I have to disagree with you here based on this reason. God's word is called God's word because it is.......
    To believe that it is anything less is heresey.
    Although, I don't believe this is your fault. The fault lays with the translator and who ever that is we have to take into account he isn't perfect.
    Translation to say the least is a nightmare.

Every word in the Bible is God's word even if someone else said it. It wouldn't be there if God Him self didn't have a use for what is said So He repeats it for our learning. The Bible even says "there is no God" but it also says that this is what a fool says in his heart. God's word is only accurate in its original Manuscripts this is why so many are clinging to them. Every version has it's mistakes. If it were word for word we wouldn't be able to understand it.
    God's word is everything we need for reproof for training and for guidance. As a friend I ask you to pray about what you are claiming. What you are claiming will only bring you sorrow for ever having said such things. :(

May Christ Shine His Light On Us all;
    Mike

6. rc

rc New Member

Let's all sing the most famous Christian Hymn in history !!!

Amazing Fatih how sweet the sound. That SAVED a wretch like me !!

The Arminian version....

Amazing grace how sweet the sound that helped a wretch like me!
    I once was lost, but now I have found, was BLURRED, but now I see !

God bestow's "unmerited favor" to humans in many ways. Scholars have clarified these ways to only make them more distinguishable in context and study. Is rain something we DESEARVE? No. Yet God in His GRACE gives us rain according to His soveriegn will. Does this "behavior" have anything to do with salvation? ... No.

BUT in terms of salvation, God determined according to the pleasure of His will to favor some over others. Those who have found favor have been enabled to "by their choice" CHOOSE God by faith.... simple.

Without God's grace, no enablement, no enablement, men will choose always what they love, and that is evil.

No man seeks after God, no not one.

7. ILUVLIGHT

ILUVLIGHT Guest

rc; You turned out the light

8. ILUVLIGHT

ILUVLIGHT Guest

rc; God's love is so unconditional; that He even Loves you to.

9. Hardsheller

Hardsheller Active Member
    Site Supporter

Mike,

It must really pain you when you have to stand and sing in Church the old hymns like "Amazing Grace" that were written by Calvinists.

10. rc

rc New Member

I'm sure ILL doesn't sing such blasphemous songs.

ILL, Don't you mean God's love is "Conditional"?.

Since He chose to save me ON THE CONDITION that I choose Him?

11. ILUVLIGHT

ILUVLIGHT Guest

Hi Hardsheller;
    Why would I feel pain for an song's author who has been dead for a long time. I didn't know him . I believe that the man was most likely saved but that doesn't mean his ideas were exactly right. Yours aren't.
    As a matter of fact you only assume the man was Calvinist You didn't know him either. Your problem may be that you think you know but you don't. I've known men like my self who thought they were Calvinist and weren't at all.
    It seems you allow pride to rule your opinion.
    May Christ Shine His Light On Us all;
    Mike [​IMG]

12. Hardsheller

Site Supporter

Well Mike,

There you go again - running off into the canyon.

The fact that John Newton was a Calvinist is well documented. Sorry you can't believe the truth!

13. ILUVLIGHT

ILUVLIGHT Guest

Hi Hardsheller;
    I don't care if he was. I said I didn't know him and neither did you. If you want to get right down to it Amazing grace is also sung by Catholics. The church I've been going to of late doesn't sing those old hymns. I admit I miss and love them why would I feel pain from singing them. You first assume that They cause me pain they do not. Does Billy Graham cause you pain everytime you hear his name because he isn't a calvinist and preaches freewill.
    Why would you state such a thing about me? You set out to ridicule me over a song and it blew up in your face. [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]
    May Christ Shine His Light On Us All;
    Mike :D

14. Hardsheller

Site Supporter

Any man who believes in Free Will hasn't been Married!

15. johnp.

johnp. New Member

ain't you got control of her? :cool: yer letting the side down man!

johnp.

16. Wes Outwest

Wes Outwest New Member

Ya wanna bet?

It's just a matter of who has it in the marriage!

17. ILUVLIGHT

ILUVLIGHT Guest

Hi Hardsheller;
    Brother I believe that free will is very much like the kind of marriage we have today. We choose our own mates. It's a mutual relationship where deep Love and understanding is very necessary.
    The marriage between Christ and the church is why I believe that it is a two way relationship. If it were one sided, could the Love of Christ be perfect, if he only thought of His pleasure? According to 1st.Cor. 13 it wouldn't be Love on His part or ours;
    1Co 13:4 Love suffereth long, and is kind; love envieth not; love vaunteth not itself, is not puffed up,
    1Co 13:5 doth not behave itself unseemly, seeketh not its own, is not provoked, taketh not account of evil;
    This is how I know we have a choice. Love cannot be forced on another because "Love seeketh not it's own". And it cannot be provoked. If God really Loves us as He says He does then He does not seek his own pleasure.

Speaking of an old song I once sang in Truth for Christ meetings a long time ago. My Favorite was "Every Day With Jesus is sweeter than the day before" Ever hear that one. A methodist wrote it. Imagine that!!.
    May Christ Shine His Light On Us All;
    Mike [​IMG]

18. rc

rc New Member

Does Billy Graham cause you pain everytime you hear his name because he isn't a calvinist and preaches freewill

Yes... it does.... A man centered evangelsim is hollow and unfruitful. A study on "alter call" evangelism, (done by Billy Grahm here in Minneapolis) shown that 98% of those who "chose God" never followed Christianity afterwards and left it.

The gospel is a command "REPENT" YOUR a sinner ! Not "Jesus loves you soooo much ! He's begging you to love Him! He just wants to be your friend!" Puke !!!

19. Wes Outwest

Wes Outwest New Member

Interesting how you so easily set aside the Love of God for the world.

Granted, Love does not need reciprocal love to be love, BUT relationship does require reciprocation in Kind to maintain the relationship.

So puke til you have nothing left, then come back and see the truth of who is waiting for you, because He loves you.

20. ILUVLIGHT

ILUVLIGHT Guest

Eze 20:36 Like as I pleaded with your fathers in the wilderness of the land of Egypt, so will I plead with you, saith the Lord GOD.

This is the light of God don't run from it. [​IMG]
    Mike