1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

The God of your mind.

Discussion in 'Baptist Theology & Bible Study' started by Brother James, Jan 10, 2006.

1. Brother James

Brother James New Member

http://lazarusunbound.com/bunker_thegodofyourmind.shtml

Here is an interesting quote by A.W. Pink:

"The ‘god’ of this twentieth century no more resembles the Supreme Sovereign of Holy Writ than does the dim flickering of a candle the glory of the midday sun. The ‘god’ who is now talked about in the average pulpit, spoken of in the ordinary Sunday School, mentioned in much of the religious literature of the day, and preached in most of the so-called Bible Conferences is the figment of human imagination, an invention of maudlin sentimentality. The heathen outside the pale of Christendom form ‘gods’ out of wood and stone, while the millions of heathen inside Christendom manufacture a ‘god’ out of their own carnal mind. In reality, they are but atheists, for there is no other possible alternative between an absolute supreme God, and no God at all. A ‘god’ whose will is resisted, whose designs are frustrated, whose purpose is checkmated possesses no title to Deity, and so far from being a fit object of worship, merits nought but contempt.” Pink, The Attributes of God - 1930

2. IveyLeaguer

IveyLeaguer New Member

As far as the article, I can largely agree with the first paragraph that:

1) We are in the last days ...

2) Today's gospel is a man-centered gospel, and ...

3) Almost all of nominal Christianity is participating in it, at least to some extent.

3. Me4Him

Me4Him New Member

I've read A.W's book on the Antichrist, and enjoyed reading it, but I did find a couple of errors, which I attributed to revelations not revealed for his time period, I think he died in 1952.

Who's to say "God will is resisted", unless they know the "will of God"??

God created a "perfect world" and man destroyed, not only it but also himself.

Was that "God's will", certainly not, so why did it happen, "Man's Free will".

The first thing that become obvious is that God wants man to have a "free will" but one that is "in accordance" with his will.

So, how is that achieved, by giving everyone on this earth the ""Freedom of choice" to live/not live "in accordance" with him, both here and on the "New Earth".

"God's will" hasn't changed "from the beginning", he still wants an earth with him/man walking together, not as "programmer/Robot", they don't have the capacity to exchange "LOVE", as between a "Father/Son".

God's will is not "frustrated" by the events/choices of this world, all this will soon pass into oblivion, then the "TRUE" "will of God", as from the beginning, will be manifested with those who make the choice to live with him on the "New earth".

God's will is no longer for this world, it has an end, but the next world.

Heaven can't be heaven as long as God must "STRIVE WITH MAN", only when both are at "REST" with each other, can Heaven be heaven, that's the "WILL OF GOD".

4. StraightAndNarrow

StraightAndNarrow Active Member

This is what he said about the last days.

March 01, 2002 — The last days gospel is a man-centered gospel. Surely most of my readers will agree with that. What is strange is that we may all agree that the current pseudo-gospel is man-centered, and still almost ALL of nominal Christendom participates in some form of it.

I agree with this statement. The almost mystical obcession with the last days is taking the focus of Christians away from soul-winning and towards trying to figure out the description of a period which I believe is mainly symbolic.

5. genesis12

genesis12 Member

I don't think that any polls have been taken by Christians or otherwise that would support the assertion that obsession with the last days is taking the focus away from soul winning. If you are aware of a reliable poll that comes to that conclusion, I'd like to hear about it. [​IMG]

I'd be more willing to support the idea that obsession with self (I, me, my) is what is crippling the church.

6. Ron Johnson

Ron Johnson New Member

[​IMG] I would say AMEN to that
    [​IMG]