1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

The Golden Contradiction (Compass)???

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by righteousdude2, Dec 10, 2007.

1. righteousdude2

righteousdude2 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I find the premise of the Golden Compass, an adventurous trek to kill God, not only interesting, but, strange. Strange because the author of the book claims to be an atheist, yet he has his characters trying to "kill" God. I'd love to know how an atheist can conclude that they can kill God? Don't they claim to believe that God doesn't exist?

This strange combination of events contradicts itself in a comical way, and in my mind, would make this movie more of a comical :laugh: adventure, than a children's fantasy.

Whatever, it is not a movie that a believer should even think about wasting their hard earned money on. From the weekends gross earnings, 21.9 million, it looks like the Golden Compass is going to head "south" rather quickly in the ensuing weeks.

Shalom,

Pastor Paul :type:

2. Magnetic Poles

Magnetic Poles New Member

If you are curious about these things, you should read the book for yourself.

3. 2 Timothy2:1-4

2 Timothy2:1-4 New Member

Knowing about the author and his agenda is reaon enough not to read the book.