1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

The Gospel and the Worship Service

Discussion in 'Baptist Theology & Bible Study' started by jbh28, Apr 19, 2011.

1. jbh28

jbh28 Active Member

How do we incorporate the gospel in our worship service. I believe it should be gospel centered, but how do we make it gospel centered. And I'm referring to the entire worship service, not just the sermon.

2. Baptist Believer

Baptist Believer Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Make the worship service all about Jesus.

And not just about the atonement, but about the good news that the kingdom of God is available for all who take up their cross and follow Jesus in discipleship.

3. Skandelon

Skandelon <b>Moderator</b>

Since the gospel is an appeal for man to be reconciled to God and an invitation to come into an abiding relationship with Him, I would say to incorporate elements that highlight that appeal. Songs with the words of the gospel message, public reading of scripture and even video and/or drama elements that illustrate these truths are all good places to start.

4. Tom Butler

Tom Butler New Member

Nicely and concisely said.

I would add that the huge majority of the folks there in the service are believers, so the service should also include elements other than the gospel.

There should be opportunities for believers to tell God the truth about himself.

5. mandym

mandym New Member

Evangelism should be done outside the church. The worship is about giving God our worship. It is not about evangelism, it is not about getting fed, or it is not about a worship experience.

6. HankD

HankD Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Yes, the church is the assembly of those called out of the world unto salvation.

However, we shouldn't forget the tares among us who need to be saved
    as well as those in whom the Spirit is working/calling who hunger and thirst for Jesus.

HankD