1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

The Gospel of Judas??

Discussion in '2006 Archive' started by gtbuzzarp, Apr 6, 2006.

1. gtbuzzarp

gtbuzzarp New Member

I think this bit from the article is all we need to know:
    ...The gospel of Judas was kept by a group called the Gnostics, who believed that the way to salvation was through secret knowledge given by Jesus to his inner circle...

LINK

2. JFox1

JFox1 New Member

I have never read the Gospel of Judas, but I do have a copy of another Gnostic writing, "The Gospel of Thomas." I was not impressed. That "gospel" begins with "These are the secret words that the living Jesus spoke and Didymus Judas Thomas wrote down." It has strange sayings such as "Blessed is the lion that the man shall eat, so that the lion will become human. Cursed is the man whom the lion shall eat, and the lion will become human." It ends with Simon Peter being cruel to the Jesus' mother, Mary: Simon Peter said to them, "Let Mary leave us, because women are not worthy of life." Jesus said, "Look, I shall lead her so that I can make her male in order that she also may become a living spirit, resembling you males. For every woman who makes herself male will enter the kingdom of heaven." :eek:

3. tragic_pizza

tragic_pizza New Member

Yeah, that Gospel of Thomas is a piece of work. I just finished a seminary-level New Testament course which insisted that Thomas was one of the "sources" (along with the elusive, unsubstantiated "Q" document) for the Synoptics.

It's amazing what people will do to discredit the Scriptures. Sheesh.