1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

The Great 9/11 Insurance Bonanza

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by poncho, Mar 27, 2010.

1. Winman

Winman Active Member

That's apples and oranges, a business must reveal their plans to a bank. A bank is not going to loan you a million dollars without knowing why you want it. But they are not going to reveal those plans to the general public.

Your argument is plain silly and does not make sense, and you know it.

2. targus

targus New Member

Maybe - but not knowing the development plan does not mean that the buyer did not have one.

You seem to have fallen back on conspiracy theory arguement 3B - a lack of evidence (or in this case a lack of a publicly published development plan) is proof of a cover up.:rolleyes:

The problem here - for you - is that you don't have the truth. :smilewinkgrin:

Just more wacky conspiracy nut job theories. :laugh:

3. poncho

poncho Well-Known Member

No, the problem here is that when you get confused or lack a real argument (evidence) you have to try and turn it around to be about me instead of the topic at hand.

Stop with the foolishness and just show me the document already. Or admit that all you got is guess-umptions, oft repeated childish cliches and feel sorry for Larry sob stories to offer in LS's defense.

Show me the document!

#23 poncho, Mar 28, 2010
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 28, 2010
  4. poncho

poncho Well-Known Member

It's silly to ask for evidence? Evidence that by now should already be part of the public record???

I would think a crime the size of 9/11 would get a first rate invetsigation instead of the whitewash job we got.

Even the 9/11 commission itself admits the investigation was a whitewash. Google it.

So, to say asking for evidence is silly could quite possibly turn out be the utmost in sillyness.

And why do you not attempt to answer my questions? How long would you wait for a 7 billion dollar payout? Would you wait 9 years for 7 billion?

#24 poncho, Mar 28, 2010
  5. Winman

Winman Active Member

6. targus

targus New Member

I only talk about you because your position is so lacking in logic as to be laughable.

Do you really believe that every bit of information on every topic is available to everyone?

This is exactly what I am talking about.

What document?

How do you know that any document exists?

That is the problem with trying to have a discussion with a conspiracy theorist type - you make up elaborate scenarios and then demand that others provide imaginary proofs. :laugh:

7. poncho

poncho Well-Known Member

I've seen this site. Alot of "debunkers" rely on it for their information.

Nevermind that on the very first page the "debunkers" are debunked and proven to be uh, less than factual in their approach.

From the site, page one paragraph six. A strawman argument.

"Controlled demolition experts reject the notion that "pull it" is a term used in building implosions."

This "fact" is somehow supposed to change the fact that three buildings defied the laws of physics and gravity on that day.

Here's some real experts for ya.

Many respected senior members of the military, intelligence services, and government have expressed significant criticism of the 9/11 Commission Report. Some even allege government complicity in the terrible acts of 9/11. Below are the highly revealing public statements on this vital topic of over 50 prominent public servants with links for verification and further investigation.

The collective voices of these respected senior officials along with over 100 esteemed professors, over 200 pilots and aviation professionals, and hundreds of architects and engineers give credibility to the claim that the 9/11 Commission Report is tragically flawed. These dedicated individuals from across the political spectrum are not irresponsible believers in some 9/11 conspiracy theory. Their sincere concern, backed by decades of service to their country, demonstrate that criticism of the 9/11 Commission Report is not only reasonable and responsible, it is in fact a patriotic duty.

SOURCE

These dissenting voices added to those actually involved in the 9/11 commission who claim the whole thing was a sham should be telling you something.

Something like maybe the whole thing really was a sham and we need a proper investigation?

#27 poncho, Mar 28, 2010
  8. Winman

Winman Active Member

You know, I took the family down to NYC in 2000 for a day of fun. We went on the Intrepid, went down to Battery Park, saw the Statue of Liberty. As we were leaving I stopped right in front of the World Trade Center and told the family next time we come back we are going to go up to the top of one of these buildings. Never got to do that.

The World Trade Center buildings were massive. You believe they were all wired with explosives. This would probably take hundreds of workers many days or even possibly weeks to do. It would cause a huge disruption to those who worked there for a certainty. It would not go unnoticed.

So, to believe as you do, there would have to be probably hundreds of American citizens walking around with the knowledge that the building was in fact destroyed by our own government and thousands of civilians murdered.

Right.

And not one person who participated in this has had the conscience to come forward and tell us.

Right.

9. poncho

poncho Well-Known Member

I believe this to be a common misconception as an event this size could be pulled off by only a few people "in the know" with the help of a few more "useful idiots" who weren't. But in either case.

Why the need for a cover up if everything happened as the government claimed? Obviously there was a cover up or the commission members wouldn't be complaining about it.

Right?

Here's a two page summary on 911 taken from mainstream "news reports".

America’s top military leaders drafted plans to kill innocent people and commit acts of terrorism in US cities to trick the public into supporting a war against Cuba in the early 1960s. Approved in writing by the Pentagon Joint Chiefs, Operation Northwoods even proposed blowing up a US ship and hijacking planes as a false pretext for war. [ABC News, 5/1/01, Pentagon Documents]

1996–2001: Federal authorities are aware for years before 9/11 that suspected terrorists with ties to Osama bin Laden are receiving flight training at schools in the US and abroad. One convicted terrorist confesses that his planned role in a terror attack was to crash a plane into CIA headquarters. [Washington Post, 9/23/01, CBS, 5/30/02, more]

1996–2001: On multiple occasions spies give detailed reports on bin Laden's location. Each time, the CIA director or White House officials prevent bin Laden's elimination. [Los Angeles Times, 12/5/04, New York Times, 12/30/01, more]

2000–2001: 15 of the 19 hijackers fail to fill in visa documents properly in Saudi Arabia. Only six are interviewed. All 15 should have been denied entry to the US. [Washington Post, 10/22/02, ABC, 10/23/02] Two top Republican senators say if State Department personnel had merely followed the law, 9/11 would not have happened. [AP, 12/18/02, more]

2000–2001: The military conducts exercises simulating hijacked airliners used as weapons to crash into targets causing mass casualties. One target is the World Trade Center (WTC), another the Pentagon. Yet after 9/11, over and over the White House and security officials say they’re shocked that terrorists hijacked airliners and crashed them into landmark buildings. [USA Today, 4/19/04, Military District of Washington, 11/3/00, New York Times, 10/3/01, more]

Jan 2001: After the Nov 2000 elections, US intelligence agencies are told to “back off” investigating the bin Ladens and Saudi royals. There have always been constraints on investigating Saudi Arabians. [BBC, 11/6/01, more]

Spring 2001: A series of military and governmental policy documents is released that seek to legitimize the use of US military force in the pursuit of oil and gas. One advocates presidential subterfuge and hiding the reasons for warfare “as a necessity for mobilizing public support.” [Sydney Morning Herald, 12/26/02, more]

CONTINUE HERE.

Obviously if there is a cover up there is something being hidden.

What?

CUI BONO?

#29 poncho, Mar 28, 2010
  10. targus

targus New Member

Since you are the one making wild claims - why is it not your responsiblity to provide proof for your wide eyed looney conspiracy theories?

11. Winman

Winman Active Member

I don't buy that, you are not going to find many Americans willing to kill innocent American civilians. And all of those reports you showed actually argues my point. When a few whack-jobs suggested killing innocent people for political reasons, people reported it. They weren't going to go along with it.

And as Targus said, the burden of proof is on you. What you call a coverup is probably people simply ignoring these ridiculous accustions made against them.

If you claimed I committed a crime I did not commit, I would say "prove it". I wouldn't waste another moment on it.

12. NiteShift

NiteShift New Member

So Larry Silverstein had been planning for 20 years to lease these buildings, then find some suicidal Arabs to knock them down, then collect the insurance money....And you demand documentation (the "business plan") to prove these allegations false? [​IMG]