1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured The great apostacy or falling away...fulfulled on 11/6/12?

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by webdog, Nov 9, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Arbo

Arbo Active Member
    Site Supporter

Oh, and...

[​IMG]

Congratulations, Zaac.

2. Zaac

Zaac Well-Known Member

If folks keep proclaiming his "good morals", I'll keep talking about him.:thumbsup: It again highlights just how easy it will be for Christians to fall away and justify it while doing so.

#62 Zaac, Nov 11, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 11, 2012
  3. Zaac

Zaac Well-Known Member

And in the words of one of your cohorts, good deflection.

4. InTheLight

InTheLight Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    The word of God says still says In all your ways acknowledge Him, And He will make your paths straight Pro. 3:6

So if I'm acknowledging God in ALL my ways, why would I not put my garbage man, my accountant, my barber, bank, car company, grocery store, mortgage company up against the crucible of His word?

5. Zaac

Zaac Well-Known Member

In the crucible of God's word, are you giving your garbage man, your accountant, your barber, your bank, your car company, your grocery store and your mortgage company authority over you to make moral decisions for you?

6. InTheLight

InTheLight Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I guess when the Bible says "in ALL your ways" I take it to mean everything, not just in political decisions. But you can make the verse fit your pet viewpoints if you want.

7. annsni

annsni Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Since when does the President make moral decisions for me?

8. Mexdeaf

Mexdeaf New Member

That would be the Supreme Court, not the President. But guess who nominates the Supremes?? Which candidate would have nominated the more conservative Justices?

9. jbh28

jbh28 Active Member

Please share the verse you are asking us to obey God. Where does God say that we have to elect a president that's a Christian, and if one isn't available to refrain from voting. Please share if you are going to continue to say "obey God." If you have a verse, then please share. Otherwise, you are blaspheming God by saying that we need to obey God, when YOU are the only one giving the command.

We are voting for a president, not a pastor. We are voting for someone to lead a nation, not a church. While I would prefer a Christian in office, I didn't have that choice this time. One candidate's view were closer to biblical views that the other(abortion for example).

So please, share with us a Bible passage, or admit you are placing your own standard and not a biblical standard.

10. saturneptune

saturneptune New Member

11. Zaac

Zaac Well-Known Member

I take it to mean everything too. But they aren't making moral decisions for me so there is not a chance to conflict with God's word.

12. Zaac

Zaac Well-Known Member

The President has a policy agenda that he will send through Congress which will decide how we are governed over.

None of the others are governing over us.

13. Zaac

Zaac Well-Known Member

You show me the one where God says to divide His house or where He says to support that which is against Him? My Bible says

Trust in the Lord with all your heart
    And do not lean on your own understanding.
    6 In all your ways acknowledge Him,
    And He will make your paths straight.
    7 Do not be wise in your own eyes;
    Fear the Lord and turn away from evil.
    Pro. 3:5-7

My Bible says:

36 “Teacher, which is the great commandment in the Law?” 37 And He said to him, “‘You shall love the Lord your God with all your heart, and with all your soul, and with all your mind.’ 38 This is the great and foremost commandment. Matthew 22:36-38

My Bible says:

3 We know that we have come to know him if we obey his commands. 4 The man who says, “I know him,” but does not do what he commands is a liar, and the truth is not in him. 5 But if anyone obeys his word, God’s love is truly made complete in him. This is how we know we are in him: 6 Whoever claims to live in him must walk as Jesus did. 1 John 2:3-6

So please show me where Scripture points to it being okay for those who love Christ to ever advocate that which is against Him?

If I'm blaspheming then so are you by not knowing what Scripture says and proclaiming that it's okay to do what Scripture clearly shows it is not okay to do. Did you search Scripture to see what God says about joining with that which is against Him? Did you ask God if it's okay to endorse that which does not endorse Him?

Yes, you've said that. You seem to want to keep God out of the decision.

And that's the same stuff that got prayer taken out of schools and abortion and every other immorality into the public square.

You ALWAYS have the choice of siding with God. You just CHOSE to vote for that which does not.

That candidate is against God and every fiber of his being is against God. God hasn't asked us for closer to Biblical views. He's asked for OBEDIENCE to the Biblical view.

Sounds like you're going with the status quo and applying your own standard while not having a clue what Scripture says about joining with unbelievers.

“Do not be unequally yoked together with unbelievers. For what fellowship has righteousness with lawlessness? And what communion has light with darkness? And what accord has Christ with Belial? Or what part has a believer with an unbeliever?” 2 Cor. 6:14-15

It applies to more than just marriage.

14. annsni

annsni Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

They can make all the decisions they want but they are not making moral decisions for me.

15. saturneptune

saturneptune New Member

That is not true, and shows how little you know about government. There is no such power in the Constitution as policy agenda. The President is the head of executive power. No policy is adopted except by approval of Congress. All bills are introduced into the House. They can be introduced by the President, a Congressman, or a citizen through a Congressman. Without Congressional approval, the President has no power because he has no funding.

Aside from the Presidency and Congressional relationship which you do not get, the Supreme Court governs over us by interpreting the law. The Court can have as much effect on our lives as either the President or Congress.

16. Zaac

Zaac Well-Known Member

They are governing over you and making moral decisions.

17. Zaac

Zaac Well-Known Member

Man you're on ignore. So you can save your fingertips.:laugh:

18. righteousdude2

righteousdude2 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    The tone of these comments strangely remind me of....

....FAL [free at lastor Matt Wade. And while I don't believe either of these guys are posting under a new name or moniker; the tone of the comments has a vaguely familiar ring?

Does anyone else see the similarities? :flower:

Honestly, Zaac, I appreciate your ability to go toe-to-toe with those on the board. Right or wrong, you stand up for what you believe. You must be winning tons of lost folks to Jesus?

#78 righteousdude2, Nov 12, 2012
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 12, 2012
  19. Arbo

Arbo Active Member
    Site Supporter

Many times.

20. saturneptune

saturneptune New Member

I guess no higher honor could be bestowed on me than being ignored by Zaac. That is kind of like getting a salesperson that calls your house to hang up on you.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.