1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

The Great Pyramid: Prophecy in Stone

Discussion in 'Books & Publications Forum' started by uhdum, Apr 3, 2004.

1. uhdum

uhdum New Member

I got this book off of Amazon.com the other day. It is by a man named N.W. Hutchings.

In it, he discusses the Great Pyramid in detail, giving information about its origins and showing its Biblical symbolism.

Anyone familiar with this book?

God bless!

2. thinkbible

thinkbible New Member

Not familar with this one but Clarence Larkin has a book named Dispensational Truth which is a classic copyrighted in 1918. He devotes a chapter to the great pyramid called "Dispensational Teaching of The Great Pyramid".

One sentence from the chapter: "The position of the Queen's Chamber almost directly under the ending of the "Grand Gallery" would seem to teach that the gathering back of the Jews would begin about the time of the ending fo this Present Didpensation, which harmonizes with the teaching of the Scriptures."

He presentsthe whole topic as an "interesting" topic only.

This book "Dispensational Truth" is the most unique book I have seen. It contains superb Bible teaching and the Most Unique Drawings and Charts ever! It is a classic and if you don't have a copy you should consider getting a copy! Contact me for more info.

3. Tangent

Tangent New Member

I read Larkin's book years ago, but I don't remember much about it. Didn't he think that Job had something to do with building the Great Pyramid?

4. Paul of Eugene

Paul of Eugene New Member

Yes, he declared Job the builder of the great pyramid on the grounds that the Bible doesn't mention anybody else from that time period great enough to build it.

Which always puzzled me, because why did He think the Bible mentions every man that would have been a candidate for building that pyramid? It is clear the Bible left out lots of people and names that weren't essential to the revelation.

5. baptistteacher

Site Supporter

I have met Dr. Hutchings, and believe that he is a sincere man. He heads the radio ministry formerly called "Southwest Radio Church," which I beleive is now called "Watchman on the Wall." (Or something similar.) He lives here in Oklahoma City.

I have not read this particular book, but the radio programs are often built on sensationalism. I take anything said with a grain of salt, (sometimes 2 grains), some facts mixed with speculation.

6. Dr. Bob

Dr. Bob Administrator
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Love the History Channel or Learning Channel and all the various shows on the pyramid. I've been in the Great Pyramid and spent time at Saqqara (original step pyramid up the Nile) and the scope and size is staggering.

BTW, pyramid was about 2800-2900 bce and Job a contemporary of Abraham in 2160 bce. Hard to be the builder as such . .