1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

The Great Republican Hope?

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by Enoch, Nov 9, 2008.

1. Enoch

Enoch New Member

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ynews/ynews_pl147

I was really hoping for him to be the 2008 VP pick. Looking forward to 2012!

2. YOUTUBECANBESAVED

YOUTUBECANBESAVED New Member

American cannot stand customer service from India

[​IMG]

Jindal I forget what his official Hindi name is, but I think he still has a whole lot of family that are still Hindu, plus, sorry to say this but his appearance seems rather wuss like, I am sure he is smart enough if not arrogant like a lot of Indian's can be since they have a caste system.

Plus people in this country think of bad communications with bad customer service coming out of India, Jindal just comes off as one of those I get on the phone.:tonofbricks:

Not sure , but I think he has some bizarre charismatic leanings like Sarah Palin as well, deliverance ministry and such, have to check that out. but you have a right to like him.:tonofbricks:

having some fun :laugh:

3. Enoch

Enoch New Member

Well you can call it fun but your comments appear a little, how shall we say...I'll let you figure it out. ;)
    Perhaps next time you might want to post some facts. :type:

4. OldRegular

OldRegular Well-Known Member

We had a poor field to choose from this year. However, after BO has shafted the country royally I believe Change will be the word. In 2012 we will have a good field:

Governors
    Palin [Hope she remains Governor rather than come to Senate]
    Romney [Excellent record as administrator, will need to reinforce conservatism on social issues]
    Jindal [Brilliant and top notch Governor]
    Sanford [little dry but excellent record]

Representatives
    Pence
    Ryan
    Cantor

#4 OldRegular, Nov 9, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 9, 2008
  5. windcatcher

windcatcher New Member

Trying to be objective are we??????:laugh:

6. LeBuick

LeBuick New Member

I like the leadership Jindal showed during the hurricanes. I did some reading up on him and he's a solid person with a great political future.

7. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    "Jindal was born in 1971 in Baton Rouge, Louisiana, to parents who had just moved there from India to attend graduate school. They gave him the name Piyush, but when he was four, he told them he wanted to be called Bobby, after Bobby Brady in the television show The Brady Bunch. Though his parents are Hindu, Jindal converted to Christianity in high school."

- www.notablebiographies.com/newsmakers2/2006-Ei-La/Jindal-Bobby.html

All of which is fine with me and would have no impact on how I view him politically. But I honestly do wonder how it would impact evangelical conservatives who falsely call Barack Obama a Muslim and don't like his actual religious persuasion. Also, don't a lot of conservative Baptists not particularly like Catholics? Which is what Piyush is.

Living in a neighboring state I have been interested in how Piyush Jindal is doing in Louisiana. He appears to me to be a capable administrator who is more interested in being in good manager than in pushing a narrow political ideological agenda. Good for Piyush. :thumbs:

#7 KenH, Nov 9, 2008
    Last edited: Nov 9, 2008
  8. OldRegular

OldRegular Well-Known Member

Jindal is Roman Catholic. Also if Sarah Palin had any bizarre charismatic leanings the hundreds of leftist media who invaded Alaska trying to dig up dirt on her would have ridiculed her just as you are without cause.

9. Enoch

Enoch New Member

:rolleyes: It's rather amusing Ken that you say one thing then go out of your way to call him Piyush instead of Bobby (which is what everyone calls him including his family). But if it makes you feel better than please feel free. I'm sure he is not ashamed of his full name unlike Obama and his camp were of his.