1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured The Great Whore is Religious Rome

Discussion in 'Other Christian Denominations' started by The Biblicist, Feb 11, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bro. James

Bro. James Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    "Father, forgive them, they know not what they do"

There is a discipline for sexual sin in the churches aka: shunning.

There is also a civil/criminal penalty to pay.

Cover up is not an option.

"Pot calling kettle black" does not resolve the issue; nor does millions of dollars in hush money and settlements.

These are not new issues: see, "A Dark History: The Popes" by Brenda Lewis. Another interesting reference: "A History of the Inquisition of the Middle Ages," by Henry Charles Lea.

This all boils to the same simple point: The holy see either has the keys or not. If she has, we should all be Roman Catholic. If not, she is an usurper and an apostate. This is still the basic schism between East and West. They both cannot be right.

Is it possible they are both wrong? What is the standard?

Even so, come, Lord Jesus.

Bro. James

#21 Bro. James, Feb 13, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 13, 2014
  2. saturneptune

saturneptune New Member

Got news for all of you. There are millions on Baptist rolls that will end up in hell, and some Catholics will be in heaven.

3. Bro. James

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Salvation is not about joining a church-- visible or invisible. One could get baptized into every church on the globe, including the one at Rome, and still go to hell.

See Eph. 2:8-10.

Salvation is of the Lord.

Bro. James

4. Walter

Walter Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    YOUR ABSOLUTELY RIGHT! :wavey:

5. Bro. James

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Shall we go back to the mother of harlots?

Bro. James

6. Protestant

Protestant Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

7. Protestant

[​IMG]

8. Walter

Walter Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Yeah, Protestant, I have already checked out this ridiculous website. It has the same credibility as a Jack Chick tract. I showed how each of your 'questions' are easily debunked and you have had no reply. Just posting web-pages. Not helpful to any discussion.

If you are in fact, Rand Winburn, look at the text in Revelation. You try to make the text and history to read how YOU want, and thereby obtaining God's "blessing" on your hatred of the Catholic Church, so prevalent on this website. The Catholic faith being a religion you would think you would see what it teaches before accusing it of being about the Antichrist. In St. John's letters (1 John 4, 2 John 1), he tells us that the spirit of the Antichrist denies the Incarnation (the Son of God becoming man) and thereby also the Trinity (the Father and the Spirit, too). This is the spirit of the Antichrist. There is not a single text in 2000 years, including the new Catechism of the Catholic Church, where the Catholic Church, her popes, her bishops, her official teachings, her saints, or her acknowledged ecclesiastical authors, deny the Word-made-flesh or the Blessed Trinity. Instead, all of Christianity owes the preservation of these Truths to the Catholic Church, whose great Councils formulated them and whose saints and popes have defended them to this day, often at the cost of martyrdom. What Church pounded out the doctrine of the Trinity, Rand? The past pope, John Paul II, had written three great encyclical (circular) letters on the Trinity, one for each Divine Person, and he has without a doubt preached Jesus Christ to more people than any other person in human history. Pope Benedict published many books ALL affirming the doctrine of the Blessed Trinity. The Catholic Church does not have the spirit of the Antichrist but of God, since no one without the Spirit can say "Jesus is Lord" (1 Cor. 12:3), something the Church and Catholics always have done and continue to do!

9. Protestant

[​IMG]

Cardinal Law discusses his retirement package with his Head, the Antichrist.
    Unlike Christ, who cuts evil servants asunder, appointing them their portion with the weeping hypocrites,
    the Antichrist offers him a sweetheart deal consisting of immunity from prosecution,
    immediate beatification, at least one life-size idol made in his image,
    lifetime pension, severance pay, stock options, gratis medical, dental and mental care,
    free dry cleaning of all religious costumes, capes, caps and miters,
    as well as fully paid membership in the Papal Golf and Country Clubs, worldwide.

10. Walter

Walter Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    This is Jack Chick tactics. It is offensive and adds nothing to the discussion. All your doing is trying to belittle Catholics. Your not discussing anything. All your past posts have been cut & paste. Hope the moderators put a stop to this nonsense.

11. Walter

Walter Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    You are obviously not reading any of the previous posts on this thread as this particular cut & paste from Iconbusters has already been discussed. Seriously, can you either join the discussion or stop posting this nonsense? The idiot that produced this garbage doesn't even know that a person must be dead first before any beatification process starts.

12. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

You do err in your assessment. First, posting information like that without the link is plagiarism.
    Second, without any verification one has no idea how ancient the statistics are.
    Third, the pastors or leaders in all the Baptist churches I am acquainted with, when found out of any kind of immorality, are disciplined immediately and never allowed to pastor again.
    "He that desires the office of a bishop (pastor) desires a good thing, but a bishop must first be found blameless! (above reproach). Immorality of any kind has disqualified him
    Fourth, in our churches the type of immorality referred to in the articles that I have posted are criminal. We are not hesitant to press charges on our own leaders, and we do. We do not sweep things under the rug as the RCC does and have done for centuries. Only now is the UN forcing the issue in the RCC, and bringing many of these things to light. It is not so in the Baptist churches that I am associated with.
    Your assessment is completely wrong.
    Besides that, look who is in the news all the time? It is not us!

13. Walter

Walter Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Honestly, folks. I have tried to post intelligently and in a non-offensive manner on this thread. I have no desire to try and respond to nonsense being cut & pasted from a bigoted anti-Catholic website. I will join the discussion again if the thread returns to an actual discussion. I thought the Baptist Board had higher standards than this.

#33 Walter, Feb 13, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 13, 2014
  14. Walter

Walter Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Interesting you accuse Zenas of plagiarism but allow a rabid anti-Catholic to cut & paste whole pages from an anti-Catholic site without him giving the source or claiming he wrote it. Little biased are we? And, btw, you are absolutely wrong but you will never admit it. People have posted on this thread (non-Catholics, in fact) examples of Baptists sweeping sex molestation cases under the rug and, in fact, I have given you plenty of sources for the Baptist cover-ups of the past.

15. Protestant

[​IMG]

"A brief biography of the 17th century Italian friar who performed many feats of levitation during his lifetime." (Available at Amazon)

FYI: 'Saint' Joseph of Cupertino is listed among the many official wonder-working Roman Catholic 'saints.'

[​IMG]

5 star Review of 'Karen' on Amazon book website:

"wonderfully written/beautifully ilustrated
    By Karen on June 24, 2010
    Format: Hardcover"

"Saint Jospeph of Cupertino was a real man (not a legand) who lived from 1603 to 1663. Whenever Joseph felt the joy of the Lord, he levitated. He levitated whenever he performed mass or meditated on Mary, Jesus, the Holy Spirit, or God. Many people witnessed this, as a result it has been documented often. He also performed miracles of healing and had power over nature, over the birds and beasts of the field, surpassing even that of his spiritual Father, St. Francis of Assisi. Some of his brethern believed that Joseph was only able to do these things because he was possesed of a demon. Therefore he was brought before the Vicar General and called to stand trial before the inquisitors of Naples, Italy. The inquisitors examined him but after close testing they were unable to convict him of anything. Some people say Joseph flew, and maybe he did. Even if he didn't, we know for a fact that he levitated on a regular basis, sometimes 20 feet in the air. I think Saint Joseph of Cupertino was a very holy man and that children would enjoy learning about him. This book is a great place to start."

Walter, have you read this wonderful book to your grandchildren?

Truly, Jack Chick can't hold a candle to the likes of The Flying Friar.:)

16. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

The UN is not presently after the Baptists are they?
    The Baptists have been the persecuted and the RCC the persecutors. Check your history. Revelation 1 7 is accurate. The RCC has the blood of the martyrs on its hands. It has shed blood of innocent Christians down throughout centuries and still does today. The UN simply provides more up-to-date information or proof of it. The molestation of children is nothing to sneeze at it. Among the RCC it is a world wide problem. In Boston it is so wide-spread that it is causing the RCC bankruptcy.

There is nothing like that among Baptist history and never has been. You have absolutely nothing to compare to. As I have pointed out to you, and continue to do so, those in our churches are dealt with the law. In the RCC they are moved from parish to parish only to sin again and again--to molest as long as they want. The RCC really doesn't care. This is what the UN is pointing out. Why don't you listen to them, instead of defending the sins of the RCC??

17. Zenas

Zenas Active Member

It's not my assessment. It was written by Jeff Herman, a trial lawyer in Boca Raton, Florida, who specializes in bringing lawsuits against churches (all denominations) for sexual abuse.
    I didn't realize it was, since I cited the source. But here is the link:
    http://www.hermanlaw.com/practice-areas/clergy/baptist-sex-abuse
    The website went up in 2007 so it is fairly recent.
    At least not in the church that disciplined them.
    Which is how many? If you say you press charges, I have to accept you at your word but I have heard numerous stories of the perpetrator getting off scot free and blaming the victim.
    Like I said, it's not my assessment. It's the assessment of someone who makes his living bring justice to victims. He's not trying to protect anyone and, in fairness, he also has articles on Catholics, Anglicans, Mormons and Judasm.

I guess you didn't read my comments in my previous post. The reason you read about the Catholics in the news all the time because they are so predominate. To the world they are the face of Christianity and most of the secular press is delighted in making Christianity look bad.

18. Protestant

How much intelligence does it take to defend an alleged 'church' whose litany of saints includes 'The Friar Who Flew?'

Or

How much intelligence does it take to believe the priest who just sodomized his favorite altar boy then has the supernatural power to turn a wafer into the very flesh, blood, soul and divinity of the Lord Jesus Christ?

Or

How much intelligence does it take to realize that those who partake of the 'sacrifice' of the Mass, eating their god, later dispose of their god by natural means, flushing him down the toilet?

19. Protestant

I suggest you re-read your Bible without the blinders.

Learning Church History should prove to be a shocker to both you and your spiritual brother, Walter.

Roman Catholicism is not just another form of Christianity.

It is the Mystery Babylon Religion of which we are warned in God's prophetic Word.

This prophetic truth has been known, taught and preached by true Christians since the 1st millennium.

FYI: Though the secular world and secular press are devoid of the Holy Spirit, they are not devoid of COMMON SENSE nor are they devoid of a general sense of JUSTICE and MORALITY.

Unfortunately, those traits are lacking in the professing Roman Catholic goatfold due to a spirit of stupor, a judgment of God that sends strong delusion that they should believe lies to their everlasting condemnation.

20. DHK

DHK <b>Moderator</b>

The reason they are predominant is because of their wickedness. They have dug their own hole.
    Look at the quotes of just the past week or two (not dating back to 2007)

http://ca.news.yahoo.com/un-slams-vatican-39-cover-sex-abusers-posing-185400019.html

There is lots of up-to-date information that is coming daily on the news, not about Baptists, but about the monster described in Revelation 17 that has the blood of the martyrs on its hands--the RCC!

Virtually every Protestant Commentary written in the 19th and early 20th centuries will attest to that interpretation.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.