1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

The H1N8 Virus - Canine Flu

Discussion in 'News & Current Events' started by KenH, Sep 30, 2009.

1. KenH

KenH Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    If I still took dogs to agility/obedience trials I would have my dogs vaccinated for this. But since I don't, I figure there is not much chance for them to contract it. They are homebodies...like me. :)

Veterinarian Warns Dog Owners About Canine Flu

Jovi Irvin [​IMG] 6 days ago

By now you've heard about swine flu, but you may not know that your four legged friends can come down with their own version.
    It's called Canine Flu or the H1N8 virus.

Veterinarian Angie Shurling-Bushway says the dog flu is very contagious among canines, but is not a problem for humans.

She says it can spread in places like kennels, grooming shops and pet shows.

You can recognize the dog flu from high fevers, coughing and lethargy.

"The Canine flu is kind of equivalent to our flu as far as the severity. It takes you longer to get over you usually have higher fevers and are sicker for a longer period of time, but most dogs to recover from it," said Shurling-Bushway.

Dr. Shurling-Bushway says H1N8 vaccinations will run you about $25 a dog.

She says the influenza hasn't been found in cats yet.

Shurling-Bushway says Georgia's seen a few cases of the canine flu so far, but right now it's not a big concern here.

But she says that could change at anytime.

- www.13wmaz.com/news/local/story.aspx?storyid=69503&catid=153

2. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    The dogs just couldn't stand it could they. They just had to have their own flu. Copycats.