1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured The Haunted House full account

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by Calypsis4, May 11, 2015.

1. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    The bigger problem is he has a hyper focus on things like that. It is not healthy.

2. Rolfe

Rolfe Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Completely agree.

3. just-want-peace

just-want-peace Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Whether you believe him or no is immaterial. He claims to be doing this work in the name of Christ, and I for one, would be extremely careful of mocking those I disagreed with.
    To disagree and challenge is fine and desirable, but to mock - ?!?!
    Christ may "chastise" you for not challenging something you feel to be "extra biblical or heretical" but I strongly doubt that you'll get even one(1) "ATTABOY" for mocking same.
    JMHO!!
    Can you give any scripture to discredit these experiences? If so, please do.

I'm with J-of-J, in that I fully believe that there are many episodes of MIRACLES (Christian) as well as activities of demonic origin in less "civilized/prosperous" countries simply because some time back it became too "odd" to REALLY believe such "impossible" events.

And of course we modern Christians certainly don't want to look like we are just depending on "our Bibles and guns", do we???:rolleyes::rolleyes:

4. Calypsis4

Calypsis4 Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Thank you for your comments.

I am only hanging around to answer the questions of those who were sincere, truly curious and non-mockers. I'll be signing off B.B. tonight.

Best wishes to you.:flower:

5. matt wade

matt wade Well-Known Member

Good riddance.

6. Sapper Woody

Sapper Woody Well-Known Member

I'll admit I'm a skeptic of the account. Not of demon possession/oppression, but of the account. I will not dismiss it out of hand, but I will remain skeptical of the story. When JoJ didn't dismiss it out of hand, that added a lot of credibility in my opinion. JoJ is a level headed poster (not to mention an awesome Sifu! [/browniepointgathering]), and what he says is not to be taken lightly.

I have an uncle who I trust (ironically enough, a 1st brown in a style of Wing Chun), who claims to have seen some amazing things. Not demon possession, but miraculous healing. He is a charismatic (more Baptacostal), and so what he says I take with a grain of salt, but I don't think he's lying.

This is the stance I am now taking with Calypsis4. I am not going to say that he is lying. I will simply say that it is my opinion that if I were there I might be recounting the story differently. But I wasn't there.

7. Calypsis4

Calypsis4 Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    I cannot tell the story differently and be truthful.

8. Yeshua1

Yeshua1 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    You are the one that came loaded to hunt demons down here on this board my friend, so why surprised that we are somewhat dubious on all that you are claiming, for being baptists, we prefer to hold to what the ole good book teaches, and not what soem flashy novelist might be!

9. PreachTony

PreachTony Active Member

For the record, I have no doubt that demonic activity is real. I'm just trying, as Y1 so eloquently put it, to go by the good book. I don't recall an instance in the Bible in which demonic activity was revealed by objects manifesting themselves from one room to another, or of sharp knives suddenly flinging around the room, or of necklaces levitating. I see the demon possessions in the Bible as intertwined with human interaction, hence my hesitance to accept this story.

10. Darrell C

Darrell C Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    How about a person appearing in a locked room? Or a finger appearing and inscribing on a wall?

How about a couple of dead guys showing up?

Me, I don't think demons are limited to only replicating something they find in Scripture. It is my belief that some people that see Bigfoot or aliens...are actually seeing something, though I think it is demonic activity.

And what better stuff to replicate than that which they know people would think was demonic activity?

Hollywood does a great job of supplementing Satan's games.

God bless.

11. just-want-peace

just-want-peace Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    It has always amazed me that I could, with no hesitation, believe the supernatural in Scripture, but have doubts about the same thing today!!??

Personally I believe it is because we have "advanced" (???) beyond such primitive manifestations in our so enlightened age. (sarcasm - if your hackles are rising!!!)

When we get to the situation in the future where we are persecuted like many in the world, perhaps we will be more attuned to the supernatural that we now mock - for the most part.

All our sophistication, education, and science won't be interfering with reality then.

12. Darrell C

Darrell C Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I have actually debated with Christians who take the view that the accounts of demon possession were just medical maladies, nothing more.

And you might be surprised to hear that they presented a very convincing presentation that would, I am sure, appeal to those who deny the supernatural.

We consider the Sadducees, who also denied the supernatural. They are the original Annihilationists and denied even Angels.

I just don't know how anyone could read Scripture and actually deny the existence of the spiritual realm and the fact that sometimes humans interact with it, or vice versa.

And it just my opinion but I see Science actually coming to the point where what we have acknowledged for centuries is after all fact. They will admit that there is a realm that is there which we have not been able to put under a microscope because technology is just too...limited.

God bless.

13. Greektim

Greektim Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    For you Rev

[​IMG]

#33 Greektim, May 26, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: May 26, 2015
  14. Revmitchell

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Ssssshhhhhh................Don't tell anyone.

15. Calypsis4

Calypsis4 Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    You and the 'Rev' are both outright wrong and you will both know that when you stand before the Lord.

Why was this matter brought up anyway? I had no intention of continuing the subject.

16. padredurand

padredurand Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    You're wrong on this Revmitchell. Flat out wrong. I believed just as you do; maybe even more cynical if that is even possible. I'll tell you what changed my mind.

I was down by the Nine Mile Swamp one night running the dogs and looking to tree a coon. It got awful quiet and the peepers stopped their singing. You ain't heard quiet until you've been in the Nine Mile Swamp with no peepers. It was so quiet the dogs run back to the truck and begged to kennel up without running a single coon.

Well I was putting the dogs back in the truck when I was struck by a blinding light. I thought it was my buddy acting the fool with the spotlight so I yelled, "Hey, Buddy, quit acting the fool with that spotlight." only it wasn't him. It was this little feller with transparent skin. I could see his heart beating right there in his chest. The way mine was thumping I'm sure he could see mine beating as well. I couldn't understand a thing he was saying but his intentions were clear. He was pointing this thing at me that looked like a soldering iron that went to a bedazzling party. I cannot write here the unspeakable things I endured in that ship of his.

So, Brother, I believe you were a tad hasty being so dismissive of this feller's story about poultrygeist and such. Like I always say, Never criticize a feller until you've walked a mile in his shoes. That way when he gets mad you'll be a mile away and you'll have his shoes.

17. Revmitchell

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I am not dismissive of these types of occurrences. I am dismissive of his infatuation with it and some of the details of his story. I in fact have seen some things myself.

18. tyndale1946

tyndale1946 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    What comes after that... "GOTCHA"!... I almost bought this!... Feet don't fail me now!... That was hillaaaaaaaaaaarious!... You are definitely invited to our next campout!:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

19. Rolfe

Rolfe Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Experiences similar to Padre's are common here in Northern Wisconsin and in Michigan's Upper Peninsula. Frequency seems to be proportional to the volume of alcohol.

http://www.pauldinglight.com/

My theory is that it is a gassy ghost with a lighter.

20. Calypsis4

Calypsis4 Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    Yet, Revmitch is the one still talking about it. I finished that testimony and moved on. So much for my 'infatuation'. He has been neither fair nor honest in this matter.