1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

The Hell-a-vision

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by sanderson1769, Apr 2, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gina B

Gina B Active Member

When in doubt as to whether you should say something online or not, pm it instead! I learned that from a wise counselor type, who was very learned in hemi...ad homi...herman newman...hermeneutics. :eek:
    My fingers just TRIP over these keys!

Ok, now WHO had to bring Bert and Ernie into this?! I had THE most creepy hallucination concerning them when I was a very young child, and they've made me uncomfortable ever since. ~shiver~

However, I DO love the rubber ducky song!

2. rbell

rbell Active Member

Gina, Mr. Sanderson brought B & E into this. Of course, there is precedent...Remember, Jerry Falwell 4-5 years ago accused one of the TeleTubbies of being gay (we laughed a while over that one!)

I had no problem with Mr. Sanderson enumerating all of the negative things that TV shows. But that's a programming issue...it's not Magnavox's fault.

Wanna know about Evil TV? The other night, out cable wasn't working. Only two channels came in:

UPN--Jerry Springer
    TBN--Jan Crouch and her pinkish/lavendar hair and 3 inch thick makeup.

I got some emergency counseling and went to bed. :D

Gina...I only charge $75 per hour. Sit on the couch, and tell me about your Bert & Ernie nightmares. [​IMG] Were they chasing you with a baseball bat?

3. Frenchy

Frenchy New Member

Gina I just reported you, that is now the 5th attack or smart mouth remark i have received from you. grow and and act like a mature christian woman. looks like that legalistic church you left left you angry and mean spirited!

4. Gina B

Gina B Active Member

Yeah, I think that was Tinky-Winky who was gay. Something about him being purple and carrying a bag. They must not have noticed Barney and his magic bag. If they're GONNA accuse someone...

Ok, $75 sounds like a deal, so here goes:

I woke up in my bed, knowing there was someone there. The pointy headed one was there, between the bed and the wall, and he held up a kleenex and said in a really creepy voice "wanna kleenex?" I screamed and jumped up. Also, there was a little green man with a hammer on the opposite wall, laughing with an evil laugh.
    I got up and ran downstairs, and the one with the round head was sitting on a desk by the front door.
    There were more details and happenings, but that was really it as far as Bert and Ernie, and it was the creepiest part.
    Ok, it doesn't SOUND that creepy, but when you're four and you're not sleeping and that happens, it's really pretty creepy! It STILL creeps me out!

Frenchy, nooooo!!! [​IMG] You've ruined my whole night.

5. standingfirminChrist

When I was studying to become a minister, I learned to keep a tree from growing, you have to lay the axe to the root. Chop it down.

Now, since the television would not be able to carry those sinful pictures that sanderson preaches about without first being plugged into an electrical outlet, I submit to you, we can get rid of every television in the world and evil will still exist because the very thing that allows that sinful picture to appear in your living room still exists.

Do away with that demon we all know as electricity. Think of it. Thousands have died because of electrical fires. Thousands have been killed or affected for life because of electrocution.

It is not the tv set that is evil. It is electricity. Mr Sanderson. Get rid of every electrical outlet in your home. Get your chainsaw out and cut down that powerline in front of your house.

Oh, and may I mention that the telephone is used in an evil manner too? Get rid of it!

6. rbell

rbell Active Member

Is THIS the person who did this to you? [​IMG]

or THIS?

http://www.thespoof.com/picstore/thespoof/evil%20sesame%20street_a.jpg

[Sorry, oversized image again.]

[ April 03, 2006, 06:59 PM: Message edited by: Bible-boy ]

7. mcdirector

mcdirector Active Member

[​IMG]

8. mcdirector

mcdirector Active Member

You know, rbell, there are some pretty rank pictures of Bert out there . . .

Some are certainly enough to give you bad dreams.

:eek:

9. mcdirector

mcdirector Active Member

Ack! Ron! You're really Amish arencha?? [​IMG]

10. rbell

rbell Active Member

Actually, I think what you're supposed to do is...chop down the tree, make a bat out of the log, and beat everything you don't like.

At least that's Mr. Sanderson's plan...

11. standingfirminChrist

some people use cars to commit evil acts. ger rid of the cars.

12. Gina B

Gina B Active Member

[​IMG]

Hrm. I'm tempted to say yes, but I could have sworn his skin tone was a little more of a pumpkin shade.

13. standingfirminChrist

Linda and I have gone for a month without tv, wonder if steve will come to cleveland and take us to a fancy restaraunt?

14. Gina B

Gina B Active Member

I went a couple years! I want lobster. [​IMG]

15. James Flagg

James Flagg Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Is there a full moon tonight? I have posted on the BB more in the last week than I have in the last 3 months.

Sarcasm can be lost on the 'net; is Frenchy serious about "reporting" Gina L.? Is Frenchy the same Frenchy from the movie Grease ?

I feel left out. Gina L., would you please fling some smart aleck remarks my way?

The sofa beckons me . . .

late,
    -JF

16. rbell

rbell Active Member

Mr. Sanderson will be SO disappointed...

His original goal? The eradication of TV's in all Christians' households.

The ultimate result? A vigilante mob out searching for "Bad Bert" and "Evil Ernie."

One just can't depend on us BB heathen, can one?

:D

17. mcdirector

mcdirector Active Member

You have fancy restaurants in Cleveland? [​IMG]

18. mcdirector

mcdirector Active Member

I do believe that Frenchy is serious.

Now, I could try to throw something smart alecky your way -- practice up tomorrow with the 8th graders, but no matter how I try, I'm not as good as Gina. I'll be on the look out though [​IMG]

19. mcdirector

mcdirector Active Member

We could sing a resounding chorus of Rubber Ducky [​IMG]

20. mcdirector

mcdirector Active Member

You know, I am going to be in Phoenix next week. Maybe when Ron is working, I can look up the church. mmmmmmmmmm

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.