1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

The Holy Bible AV1611

Discussion in 'Bible Versions & Translations' started by william s. correa, May 18, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. David J

David J New Member

Sigh...I feel like I'm in grade school again!

This is play ground talk! LOL!!!!!!

2. robycop3

robycop3 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    GEE WHIZ!!

I jest larnt sum nue histry! I didunt no Weskot or hoart wuzz ever kingzz!

3. robycop3

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    The Jehoiachin thingie isn't a KJV error; it's just to prove God gave His perfect word to imperfect men who sometimes goofed, as we all do on occasion.

Remember, Kings & Chronicles are historic narratives written my men, but selected by God to become Scripture. A close reading of each one shows there was at least one other version of Kings & one other version of Chronicles that didn't make Scripture.

I believe, however, that if ine puts together the events in Kings & Chronicles, one has a more accurate picture of the actual events. Such is the case with the bronze basin in the Temple. It was observed about 2/3 full, (2K baths)but it had a known capacity of 3K baths.

Now, where one says Jehoiachin reigned 3 months & the other says 3 mos, 10 days, the writer of Chronicles may have been in the king's court, while the writer of Kings had only secondhand info. However, this does NOT cover a 10-year gap. I believe the writer of Kings made a typo. After all, the Hebrew word for eight is sh'mownah, and for eighteen is sh'mownah'asar, the "asar" meaning "teen", Asar, according to a rabbi I know, is always a prefix or suffix, never a stand-alone word. After all, it's easy for US to make a typo between eight-eighteen.

4. robycop3

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Mr. Correa, care to comment on this, from a post I recently made to Rev. Lowery in this thread?

5. william s. correa

william s. correa New Member

"For there are certain men crept in unawares, who were
    before of old ordained to this condemnation, ungodly men" -Jude 1:4

"And the great dragon was cast out, that old serpent, called the Devil, and Satan, which deceiveth the whole world: he was cast out into the earth, and his angels were cast out with him." (Revelation 12:9) All Modernist read versions which do not contain the mind of God because they are to caught up in self destruction due to the fact that none of them agree on any good thing! Especially that is missing crucial Scripture to save the soul from hell! They are suiting the itchy ears of all who will follow to be led into the ditch! The Modernists would have you beleive a dipecable Lie that it is the Word of God But none of them Agree! So it is either Gods Word or it is Not ![attacks on the Bible and other posters deleted] The Holy Bible 1611
    I believe in the verbal, plenary inspiration of the Bible. The Old and New Testament are definitely inspired word for word. I accept the Textus Receptus manuscripts from which came the King James Bible. The Scripture is the Final Authority in all matters of faith, morals, and practice. I recognize the 1611 King James Bible as the fulfillment of God's promise to preserve His Word in Psalm 12:6-8. I believe that ALL modern translations are corrupt. and I listen to the teachings of my pastor Berman Cape Jr. and Dr. Jack Hyles

"Failure means I dared try." - Dr. Jack Hyles

"Remind your mind to use His mind." - Dr. Jack Hyles

[ May 18, 2006, 11:25 PM: Message edited by: C4K ]

6. william s. correa

</font>[/QUOTE]where did you get that info the Kabola?

7. robycop3

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Mr. Correa:The Holy Bible 1611[/i]

Which, by the Scriptures you post, you don't use.

I believe in the verbal, plenary inspiration of the Bible.

So does every Christian. So far, so good.

The Old and New Testament are definitely inspired word for word.

Well, not EXACTLY.

I accept the Textus Receptus manuscripts from which came the King James Bible.

Which of the over 20 revisions is the right one? And what about the PROVEN GOOF in Rev. 17:8?

The Scripture is the Final Authority in all matters of faith, morals, and practice.

Ya got another one right.

I recognize the 1611 King James Bible as the fulfillment of God's promise to preserve His Word in Psalm 12:6-8.

Totally wrong. First, God does NOT limit Himself to the KJV in English, and YOU have no authority to thus try to limit Him. Second, you apparently are NOT using the AV 1611, as is shown by the verses you post. Third, the AV 1611 and every other valid version shows Psalm 12:7 is about PEOPLE, and not God's words...unless you don't believe the AV translators.

I believe that ALL modern translations are corrupt.Then you simply believe WRONGLY, you believe something NOT FOUND IN SCRIPTURE, either directly, or by implication.

and I listen to the teachings of my pastor Berman Cape Jr. and Dr. Jack Hyles

If your PASTOR told you the bunk you've been posting, I'm glad he's far from MY 'hood. And Hyles pushed a lie...that one may be saved ONLY from the words of the KJV.

Hey, ya might ask yer pastor to jump into this discussion. That way, we'd have TWO comedians in the same thread!

8. robycop3

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist

9. william s. correa

The only way to heaven is Jesus the Word of God! [attack on the Bible snipped] And cannot prove to be; just guessing that they are, and making the claim when God never ordained them as I Qouted in Scriptue which you ommitted in my post which you are a Magician in doing! So then You have Not proved your Point and have yet to as has DD and TCassidy who has beleived you and been deceived!Amen.

[ May 18, 2006, 11:26 PM: Message edited by: C4K ]

10. StefanM

StefanM Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    So, william, are you saying that those who do not use the KJV are unsaved?

11. PhatCat

PhatCat New Member

Ouch! I don't know how this guy can sleep at night! That is blasphemy, right? It's judging too. Oh, and unkind and unloving. Not meek. No edification here. Nope, and not even courteous in the heathen world.

But that accusation about the Spirit, wow! What if God is leading His dear child to the KJB and this guy said that, wow! [personal attack snipped]
    And before you attempt to blast with "you're the one that's unloving, etc..."

Check out how Paul dealt with guys like you:

[ May 19, 2006, 01:20 AM: Message edited by: C4K ]

12. Lagardo

Lagardo New Member

Um, yes you are the one who is unloving, and I dare say that you are not Paul and the words you type are not scripture.

13. PhatCat

PhatCat New Member

Um, yes you are the one who is unloving, and I dare say that you are not Paul and the words you type are not scripture. [/QUOTE]

How convenient that you don't mention the fact that this, person, accused a BROTHER IN CHRIST of having another spirit.

Look, people, I don't care what version you use, but saying that a child of God has another spirit, in reference to their Holy Spirit convictions is tantamount to blasphemy, ok. That has to be one of the most terrible things I've read here so far.

And by the way, I never said I was Paul, not even close. In fact I pointed out how PAUL dealt with that kind. And I don't claim to write Scripture. What a John Kerry thing to say.

14. DesiderioDomini

DesiderioDomini New Member

One thing is clear: You have not been reading the posts. I believe all of us were curteous with William for quite some time.

His lies need to stop. I will pamper him no more.

What is sad is that you think this actually has something to do with his stance on the KJV. Perhaps you should know what you are talking about before jumping in next time. Re-read the last few weeks of threads, then come back when you catch a clue!

Your confusion seems to know no bounds.....step away from the ledge.

From you, thats a serious compliment. Thanks!

You arent unloving. You are confused. You are simply ignorant of what you are attempting to discuss.

Not real sure how that applies, but since nothing William has ever said applied to any topic at hand, perhaps you are suffering from the same sickness.

Considering the lies and misdirection that come from those you seem to defend, I wouldnt doubt that you would have no clue what Spirit or sin you are talking about.

That mirror just sneaks up on ya, doesnt it?

15. NaasPreacher (C4K)

NaasPreacher (C4K) Well-Known Member

I am going to keep closing threads as long as this kind of tit for tat personal attack exchange continues.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.