1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

The Holy Spirit

Discussion in 'Other Christian Denominations' started by tamborine lady, Dec 22, 2005.

1. tamborine lady

tamborine lady Active Member

[​IMG]

Me4Him said: 1Pe 2:2 As newborn babes, desire the sincere milk of the word, that ye may grow thereby:

Heb 5:13 For every one that useth milk is unskilful in the word of righteousness: for he is a babe.

The "MORE" we listen, the "MORE" we learn, not only about the scripture, but the ability to "SEE" God working in our life and others, and that "Increases" our faith, at least mine.

I like to say, "I don't believe in God",

I KNOW.

Tam says: You preachin' to me??

2. tamborine lady

[​IMG]

Just so you know, Me4Him, I've been eating spiritual meat for about 30 years now, so need for anymore milk.

Thanks but no thanks.

Tam

3. Me4Him

Me4Him New Member

Just making a "Comment", no "preaching".

But judging from some of the questions/doctrines I see posted on "Christians" sites, evidently the spirit has few "students" these days.

4. Ray Berrian

Ray Berrian New Member

Me4Him,

You said, 'But judging from some of the questions/doctrines I see posted on "Christians" sites, evidently the spirit has few "students" these days.'

5. Ladyhawk

Ladyhawk New Member

The holy Spirit comes to be a helper for us. He is there to intercede for us "with groanings that cannot be uttered and also when the Holy Spirit begins to help you in your prayer life, it confuses the devil to the point where he does not know what you are talking about.

6. tamborine lady

[​IMG]

Welcome to the Board Ladyhawk!! Amen to confusing the devil! ;)

Maybe that's why not everyone understands what we are saying!!

Peace,

Tam

7. Ray Berrian

Ray Berrian New Member

Ladyhawk,

Interesting theory about confusing the Devil. I did not know he was multi-lingual. Guess he has had several centuries to learn all the languages of the world plus dialets. Smart old Satan. . .

I will agree with you about Romans 8:26-27!

I wonder what Pentecostal types who believe in the 'gift of tongues' and have experienced it--might think that if this 'tongue' is a Heavenly language, it might confuse the evil one. [I Corinthians 13:1]

I do know that the 'gift of tongues' is real but personally have not been, to date, given this codified language with which to pray to the Lord.

8. music4Him

music4Him New Member

If you are speaking of this website or other websites who's doctrine does not include the teaching of the gifts of the Spirit as being for today? BTW, I have no problem with that because you don't have to speak in tongues to get to heaven. The way I understand it... its not the gifts of the Spirit that will get you into heaven its the gift of God, that He gave.... His Son Jesus who died for our sins. (John 3:16) The gifts are just that gifts its up to the reciver if they will accept them.

BTW, the statement you made..("evidently the spirit has few "students" these days") is unfair for you to say unless you have also been visiting Pentacostal, Full Gospel, Assembly of God...ect.... that belive that the gifts of the Spirit is for today websites. And that should be a capital "S" unless you are making a slur.

Selah~
    Music4Him

9. preacher

preacher New Member

Intresting comments...& I have to throw one in. If you study carefully you'll see there is a difference between Holy Ghost, & Holy Spirit. For instance we are commanded to baptize in the name of the Father, the Son, & the Holy Ghost.
    The 3rd person of the Godhead is the Holy Ghost.
    There may be a few instances where in the Word the phrase Holy Spirit is used for The Holy Ghost, but if I remember right it is Capitalized at those times.

10. Me4Him

Me4Him New Member

If you are speaking of this website or other websites who's doctrine does not include the teaching of the gifts of the Spirit as being for today? BTW, I have no problem with that because you don't have to speak in tongues to get to heaven. The way I understand it... its not the gifts of the Spirit that will get you into heaven its the gift of God, that He gave.... His Son Jesus who died for our sins. (John 3:16) The gifts are just that gifts its up to the reciver if they will accept them.

BTW, the statement you made..("evidently the spirit has few "students" these days") is unfair for you to say unless you have also been visiting Pentacostal, Full Gospel, Assembly of God...ect.... that belive that the gifts of the Spirit is for today websites. And that should be a capital "S" unless you are making a slur.

Selah~
    Music4Him
    </font>[/QUOTE]This isn't the only site I visit, and my comment wasn't directed so much at the "lay person" as toward those who are "SUPPOSE TO KNOW" the truth.

Those attempting to "Teach" remind me of the following scripture.

1Ti 1:6 From which some having swerved have turned aside unto vain jangling;

7 Desiring to be teachers of the law; understanding neither what they say, nor whereof they affirm.

And yes, it's in the SBC also, I don't think any denomination is "immune".

They need to send some of these "Bible College Professor" to "Law school" before hiring them to teach,

If a "Judge" attempted to do some of the things they accuse God of doing in his Judgments, he would be "DISBARRED" in a "heartbeat".

I grew up around Pentacostal people, some are my best friends, even attending their church, I've heard them speaking in tongues, didn't understand then, still don't today, but my relationship with the "SPIRIT" hasn't suffer any due to my "ignorance".

11. Me4Him

Me4Him New Member

. </font>[/QUOTE]Ray, I started computing with a "Commodore" Vic 20 Computer", Cassette tape for HDrive, so I've been around a while.

And over the years I've learned one thing about "people", In general, not all.

2Ti 3:7 Ever learning, and never able to come to the knowledge of the truth.

The "majority" (not all) will reject scripture clearly refuting their belief.

This tell me that they are not using the "SPIRIT" to lead/guide them, the Spirit bears witness to the truth.

The spirit will "test" you to see if you will believe it, by telling you something you "DON'T BELIEVE".

Try "Reincarnation", it took about two weeks for me to accept that, but once I did, the spirit continues to teach how the "Spirit of Elijah" could be born in John the Bap/killed, yet return as one of the two witnesses during the trib.

And Judas, the "Son of predition" could die and ascend back up from the bottomles pit to inhabit the body with the deadly head wound to become the AC during the trib.

The Bible is an entirely different book than what most represent it to be, when it's taught by the Spirit.

[​IMG]

12. music4Him

music4Him New Member

When does He come into our lives, and what does He do.
    I believe the Holy Spirit comes into our lives the moment we accpet Jesus as Lord but I also believe He convicts us before hand also because if not then we wouldn't see our need for Jesus. (Does that make since?) Because sometimes we pray for a sinner friend and ask the Holy Spirit to prepare that persons heart to recive the word of the Lord.

My question is this, how many different things does the Holy Ghost do for us?
    The Holy Spirit does alot...He comforts, prepares hearts, convicts hearts, gives gifts, teaches us, leads us...ect. I haven't really sat down and counted it all.

Do we receive different dispensations of Him?
    I believe so...there is differnt gifts of the Spirit mentioned in 1 Cor. 12..... I'd say yes. [​IMG]

13. tamborine lady

How come I never heard this before?? Maybe because it's not true??

Where is your proof? Give me cdripture please!!

If you believe this then you believe there is 4 in the Godhead?? :confused:

Peace,

Tam

14. tamborine lady

[​IMG]

I meant "scripture please".

Is there anything to back up this rediculous statement??

Peace,

Tam

15. standingfirminChrist

1 John 5:7 There are 'three' that bear record in heaven, the Father, the Word and the Holy Ghost; and these three are one.

Only three Tam. Don't let 'em bring a different gospel. The Holy Spirit and the Holy Ghost are one and the same.

16. preacher

preacher New Member

Not trying to bring a different Gospel. Just trying to point out that there is a difference at times. I've known a lot of folks that think everytime the word spirit is used it means the Holy Ghost. Not allways. Sometimes He is speaking of the working of the Holy Ghost, Or the Father Or Christ.
    Here...
    Luk 4:1 And Jesus being full of the Holy Ghost returned from Jordan, and was led by the Spirit into the wilderness, ...here is He speaking of the Holy Ghost leading Christ, or His Spirit, the same Spirit which Christ Himself possesed, & the same Spirit of the Father, that lead Him to go?
    Spirit doesn't always mean the person...it can mean His working(s).

Here..Eph 4:30 And grieve not the holy Spirit of God, whereby ye are sealed unto the day of redemption. ...notice the small h on holy. Not a reference to the Holy Ghost, but to the Father...His spirit. We have a spirit within us, plus once we are saved we recieve the Holy Ghost & have His spirit, which is Christs, & the Father's.
    Not 4...3, but those 3 have 1 spirit. Not ridiculess to me. Just His Word.

17. Ray Berrian

Ray Berrian New Member

Preacher,

What is the name of your church?

Holy Spirit-----holy Spirit perspective.

Interesting what we hear on the board.

18. preacher

preacher New Member

Not a Pastor....just a Preacher. I just learned a long time ago to slow down & look at what I was reading. Each word, & how it is used. I don't claim to be right all the time, but it has kept me from being wrong most of the time.
    It's like a "play" on words. Why else would you find Holy Ghost & Holy, or holy, Spirit in the same verse or sentence? One refering to the Person of the Godhead, the other to his works.

19. tamborine lady

[​IMG]

Holy Ghost= Holy Spirit of God, 3rd person of the trinity

Holy Spirit= Holy Ghost of Jesus, which is the Holy Spirit of God, third person of the trinity.

Don't make it harder than it is,preacher.

Peace,

Tam

20. Me4Him

Me4Him New Member

Preacher, you are "SEEING" what most folks miss, that is the "precision" with which scripture is written, and only "GOD" can attain.

The scripture are like a garment "WOVEN" of many "Threads", each "word" is a "thread" that "intersects" with another "thread" to complete the "whole".

Changing one word, is like "breaking" a thread, or a cut in the garment.

Viewing the garment as a whole, doesn't reveal the "quality" of the "WEAVE" unless the intersecting threads can be seen/examined,

but it requires "Spiritual Vision" to examine the "weave",

Then, and only then, will any "broken threads" be revealed.

The "Trinity" doesn't only "Explain God", it also "Explains Scripture", Israel won't believe without "Signs and wonders" and Jesus won't give any "signs",

however God did give "signs" in the OT and will during the Trib,

understanding the Trinity is not only a problem for Israel, but also the Church.