1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

The Holy Spirit

Discussion in 'Other Christian Denominations' started by tamborine lady, Dec 22, 2005.

1. Me4Him

Me4Him New Member

The "Trinity" must be "DIVIDED" into it's "INDIVIDUAL COMPONENTS" to understand the Scriptures.

Heb 1:1 God, who at sundry times and in divers manners spake in time past unto the fathers by the prophets, Holy Spirit

2 Hath in these last days spoken unto us by his Son, Holy Ghost

The "Spirit/Ghost" are the same, however the "Spirit" was send in "JESUS'S NAME" (in my name) making it "GHOST" of Jesus speaking instead of God/Spirit speaking as was in the OT.

The "hard part" is when you don't separate the trinity, as Israel failed to do, and why there so much confusion about the timing of the rapture.

2. tamborine lady

tamborine lady Active Member

[​IMG]

Don't try to confuse the facts folks.

3. preacher

preacher New Member

Not tryin' to confuse nothing, just tryin' to make scripture a little more clear which is part of my job. Sorry you don't see what it says. But then I don't see everything it says...not yet!!!
    Also..there is nothing 'hard" about it if you take to time to dig deeper.

4. Me4Him

Me4Him New Member

And you "NEVER" will, either. :D [​IMG] [​IMG]

One revelation leads to another, and another, and another, well, you get the idea.

And Deeper, and Deeper, and Deeper. [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

5. Me4Him

Me4Him New Member

Maybe this will help clear up the confusion, a picture is worth a thousand words, so, it sure saves "typing". :D

[​IMG]

6. tamborine lady

[​IMG]

No, Me4him, all your little graphs do is muck up the truth.

I don't need your explanation of scripture. I have the Holy Ghost who is much superior to your meager ramblings.

If the things you are saying about the Spirit/Ghost here is what you receive from reading "deep" in the gospel, I think you need to come up for air and check which spirit is revealing things to you!!

Have a good day,

Tam

7. music4Him

music4Him New Member

On the last graph on the bottom of the page, that Me4Him posted (on pg.3). In the blue box it say no signs and wonders after Jesus died.

Acts 5:12 And by the hands of the apostles were many signs and wonders wrought among the people; (and they were all with one accord in Solomon's porch.

Acts 14:2-3
    But the unbelieving Jews stirred up the Gentiles, and made their minds evil affected against the brethren.
    3 Long time therefore abode they speaking boldly in the Lord, which gave testimony unto the word of his grace, and granted signs and wonders to be done by their hands.

The graph don't line up with the scriptures. Because the apostles did signs and wonders.

8. Me4Him

Me4Him New Member

I guess we'll have to be "content" to wait and let Jesus bear "witness".

But, Let me ask you something,

When Jesus was speaking and being "condemned" by all those in "Authority", do you believe their condemnation cast "Doubt" in Jesus's mind about the "TRUTH" of his words, if not, "WHY"??

And "WHY" did the "Religious leaders", who "profess to follow God", actually "Reject" the "God" they profess to follow???

The point is this, people have a tendence to believe what "THEY WANT" to believe, and close their ears to the truth, while at the same time "professing to follow God".

If the Religious Leaders had "HUMBLED" their "HEARTS" to hear with their "HEARTS", instead of their "EARS", they would "RECOGNIZED" the "TRUTH" in Jesus's words.

Do you think the same conditions can not exist today???

Jesus sent the "Holy Ghost" to "lead/guide" so we don't have to depend on "ANY MAN" to teach us the truth, and it will "bear witness" to words that are his. (my sheep hear my voice/spirit bears witness to spirit)

"DON'T" take my word, or any man's word, for truth unless the "Holy Ghost" will "CONFIRM IT", but at the same time, "BE SURE" you have the "HEART" to hear the "voice of God", less you be Judged with those "Religious Leaders".

Don't "prove" yourself to anyone but Jesus, at the "END", he'll bear witness to the "TRUTH".

9. Me4Him

Me4Him New Member

Mt 16:4 A wicked and adulterous generation seeketh after a sign; and there shall no sign be given unto it, but the sign of the prophet Jonas. And he left them, and departed.

Joh 4:48 Then said Jesus unto him, Except ye see signs and wonders, ye will not believe.

1Co 1:22 For the Jews require a sign,

Mt 27:42 He saved others; himself he cannot save. If he be the King of Israel, let him now come down from the cross, (SIGN) and we will believe him.

Did you ever wonder why the trib is full of "Signs and wonders", but the church is rapture before the trib begins??

Here's some "Homework" for ya. [​IMG] [​IMG]

http://www.baptistboard.com/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi/topic/28/3398.html?

10. music4Him

music4Him New Member

[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Totally missed the point! The apostles did signs and wonders after Jesus was crucified buried and resurected and assended into heaven. But by your graph you say it stopped after Jesus was crucified!
    So then just a question... when Jesus ascended into heaven, for those who witnessed it would have been??????????
    Or the signs and wonders that the apostles did after Jesus was ascended were????????

Now do you understand what I'm saying? Your graph doesn't line up.

Acts 5:12 And by the hands of the apostles were many signs and wonders wrought among the people; (and they were all with one accord in Solomon's porch.

11. tamborine lady

[​IMG]

Me4him said:
    I guess we'll have to be "content" to wait and let Jesus bear "witness".

But, Let me ask you something,

When Jesus was speaking and being "condemned" by all those in "Authority", do you believe their condemnation cast "Doubt" in Jesus's mind about the "TRUTH" of his words, if not, "WHY"??

And "WHY" did the "Religious leaders", who "profess to follow God", actually "Reject" the "God" they profess to follow???

The point is this, people have a tendence to believe what "THEY WANT" to believe, and close their ears to the truth, while at the same time "professing to follow God".

If the Religious Leaders had "HUMBLED" their "HEARTS" to hear with their "HEARTS", instead of their "EARS", they would "RECOGNIZED" the "TRUTH" in Jesus's words.

Do you think the same conditions can not exist today???

Jesus sent the "Holy Ghost" to "lead/guide" so we don't have to depend on "ANY MAN" to teach us the truth, and it will "bear witness" to words that are his. (my sheep hear my voice/spirit bears witness to spirit)

"DON'T" take my word, or any man's word, for truth unless the "Holy Ghost" will "CONFIRM IT", but at the same time, "BE SURE" you have the "HEART" to hear the "voice of God", less you be Judged with those "Religious Leaders".

Don't "prove" yourself to anyone but Jesus, at the "END", he'll bear witness to the "TRUTH".

Tam says:

Thanks for clearing that up. You've made my point exactly. Make sure who you are listening to!!

:D

Tam

12. Me4Him

Me4Him New Member

Evidently,, :eek: you didn't "do your homework". :D

Jesus and the church were a "Mystery" not revealed to Israel, "SOOOOO, they were expecting the "Messiah" predicted to come when he will "destroy all enemies of Israel", set up his "KINGDOM" here on earth, we call it, the "Second Coming".

Jesus performed many "signs" but none on a "NATIONAL SCALE", such as will be with his second coming, his signs were only seen by the "locals" in the immediate vicinity.

SOOOOO, save me a lot of typing and read the link I posted, any question not answered "THERE", I'll try to answer "HERE". [​IMG]

13. tamborine lady

[​IMG]

I did not read all your "graphs", but let me take a wild guess.

You are pre-trib aren't you?

14. Me4Him

Me4Him New Member

ABSOLUTELY,

Read the "link" you'll understand "WHY".

15. tamborine lady

[​IMG]

I already understand why!! It's that feel good gospel.

Tam

16. music4Him

music4Him New Member

I'm not pre-trib....were gonna go through some things. Glad I got the Holy Ghost to teach me and guide me.

17. tamborine lady

[​IMG]

Me4him,

Nothing like lettin' ole slewfoot throw you a nice warm blanket, so you won't know what's going on when the bad stuff hit!!

Better get rid of them graphs and junk, and start listening to the Holy Ghost/Spirit.

Peace,

Tam