1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

The homeless

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by Sopranette, Jan 29, 2008.

1. abcgrad94

abcgrad94 Active Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    The Bible also says that if any will not work, neither should he eat.

2. bapmom

bapmom New Member

the Biblical principle that I find throughout Scripture is that we ought to strive to give others what they need - not necessarily what they want. The two are not always the same.

It actually takes more effort and thought to find out what the person needs and then try to meet those needs.

The person who said he fell for an insurance scam - I believe you were following as God led and you were doing a kindness out of a good heart. You were benefited by that, those around you were benefited by seeing it, and that testimony may stand out in that family's mind someday.

3. Rubato 1

Rubato 1 New Member

A study of the word 'alms' in the Bible is very convicting and revealing. 'Charity' is another convicting word, but many modern versions ditch 'charity' for 'love' based on some nonsense that they are the same word...

4. Servent

Servent Member

at 25:31 But when the Son of Man comes in His glory, and all the holy angels with Him, then He shall sit on the throne of His glory.
    Mat 25:32 And all nations shall be gathered before Him. And He shall separate them from one another, as a shepherd divides the sheep from the goats.
    Mat 25:33 And indeed He shall set the sheep on His right hand, but the goats off the left.
    Mat 25:34 Then the King shall say to those on His right hand, Come, blessed of My Father, inherit the kingdom prepared for you from the foundation of the world.
    Mat 25:35 For I was hungry, and you gave me food; I was thirsty, and you gave Me drink; I was a stranger, and you took Me in;
    Mat 25:36 I was naked, and you clothed Me; I was sick, and you visited Me; I was in prison, and you came to Me.
    Mat 25:37 Then the righteous shall answer Him, saying, Lord, when did we see You hungry, and fed You? Or thirsty, and gave You drink?
    Mat 25:38 When did we see You a stranger, and took You in? Or naked, and clothed You?
    Mat 25:39 Or when did we see You sick, or in prison, and came to You?
    Mat 25:40 And the King shall answer and say to them, Truly I say to you, Inasmuch as you did it to one of the least of these My brothers, you have done it to Me.
    Mat 25:41 Then He also shall say to those on the left hand, Depart from Me, you cursed, into everlasting fire prepared for the Devil and his angels.
    Mat 25:42 For I was hungry, and you gave Me no food; I was thirsty, and you gave Me no drink;
    Mat 25:43 I was a stranger and you did not take Me in; I was naked, and you did not clothe Me; I was sick, and in prison, and you did not visit me.
    Mat 25:44 Then they will also answer Him, saying, Lord, when did we see You hungry, or thirsty, or a stranger, or naked, or sick, or in prison, and did not minister to You?
    Mat 25:45 Then He shall answer them, saying, Truly I say to you, Inasmuch as you did not do it to one of the least of these, you did not do it to Me.
    Mat 25:46 And these shall go away into everlasting punishment, but the righteous into everlasting life.

5. bapmom

bapmom New Member

Amen Servent,

I find it sort of interesting that there's no mention of money at all in that passage - it's all about meeting the needs

6. abcgrad94

abcgrad94 Active Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    I agree that we should help those who truly need it. I also think we need to use discression and use what God has given us wisely. The vast majority of people I've encountered didn't want their needs met--they wanted to be enabled to live a sinful lifestyle.