1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured The Incarnation According to the Bible

Discussion in 'Baptist Theology & Bible Study' started by JohnDBaptiste, Jan 6, 2016.

1. tyndale1946

tyndale1946 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    To reduce God the Son to a son of God is an insult and a trick of the Devil to make Jesus equal to the devil who was/is a son of God.

So now the Devil is also a Son of God?... In the 50 years I have been attending church I have never heard a preacher say that the Devil was also a Son Of God!... You believe that you might also believe in the Gap Theory... You know you have dug yourself a pretty deep hole and might find it hard to climb out... Brother Glen

• Like Like x 1
  2. TomLaPalm

TomLaPalm Member

no hole, no climb, just scripture

Satan was a high ranked created being, thus a "resident of heaven" because of sin he was removed and others. He was in Hebrew "elohym" or part of the heavenly host before he sinned , Others that fell with him and those that didn't are all classed as elohym, which has been translated as "sons of god" As all created beings can be called. Like all sinners, Satan does not a relationship with God as a father. Thus technically Satan was but not is a son of God.

Jesus is not a created being, He is God in the flesh, not a son of God, but God who became the son of man.

no sonship, He did not remain as a human being in Heaven because flesh and blood cannot enter Heaven.

It is a trick of the Devil to suggest Jesus was a created being or lessor god

3. tyndale1946

tyndale1946 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    no hole, no climb, just scripture... Just a finishing thought... Just scripture you say... Not comparing scripture with scripture but your interpretation of that scripture and a little speculation added imho!... Thanks for the conversation and as one brother said to another well you see it your way and I see it mine and we will leave it there and if you change your mind or I change mine then we'll talk and come to a greater understanding!... Brother Glen

• Like Like x 1
  4. Aaron

Aaron Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    There is a huge disparity between the sonship that Adam had, and that we have. Though Adam is called the son of God because he was first created and made in God's image, he was not begotten of God. He was made.

We are begotten. We are born of God and partakers of the divine nature.

The Atonement did much more than merely restore us. It raised us. We have an inheritance that never was that of our first parents.* A tempter was sent. They were allowed to be corrupted and fall away. That will not be the legacy of any son of God by faith.

Adam was made, we are born.
    Adam bore God's image, we partake of God's nature.
    Adam could be corrupted and fell, we are kept by the power of God.

*No, Adam and Eve were not redeemed. The lineage of faith starts with Abel.

5. Aaron

Aaron Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I'm told over and over in the Scriptures that God sent His Son into the world. Who was He before He was sent into the world?

• Like Like x 2
  6. TomLaPalm

TomLaPalm Member

But I welcome the correction and the conversation.

7. TomLaPalm

TomLaPalm Member

Adam was a soul in a human body, He was a "son of God "at some point. The soul is the " son of God" part , not the physical. I can't speculate on Adam and Eve being redeemed. What is your basis for that?

The atonement restored us to what? Eden? that is too low a target. We are reconciled unto Heaven

All have sinned and come short of the Glory of God, There are none beyond repentance.

8. TomLaPalm

TomLaPalm Member

He was God, The Word became flesh and dwelt among us.
    The Word was God and was with God.

He came as a human son. The son wasn't sent from Heaven . He was born here as the son of man.

There is no reference He made to Himself as the Son of God
    Heb 1:5

ΒΆ
    For unto which of the angels said he at any time, Thou art my Son, this day have I begotten thee? And again, I will be to him a Father, and he shall be to me a Son?

While here as a human, he was also in Heaven

9. Aaron

Aaron Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Oh. God, Word and the Holy Spirit? That was the Trinity?

So God didn't send forth His Son, He sent His Word, which became His Son because of a body? And yet it wasn't Adam's body that made him a son. It was his spirit?

• Like Like x 1
  10. TomLaPalm

TomLaPalm Member

no. He came Himself, The judge came down to become one of us and take the punishment for us. Reconciling us to Him.

Adam's body? He had His own body. We share flesh and blood with all humans so that , as Adam, by one man, can effect all. All have the opportunity for salvation through His death..

Heb 2:14

Forasmuch then as the children are partakers of flesh and blood, he also himself likewise took part of the same; that through death he might destroy him that had the power of death, that is, the devil;

11. Aaron

Aaron Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    No. You're thinking of God like you think of a man. You're thinking of one God in three roles instead of one God in Three Persons. You've said nothing new, but simply asserting the tired old claptrap of those with a similar small and carnal view of God.

• Like Like x 1
  12. TomLaPalm

TomLaPalm Member

What? God is One , and has shown us Himself as three Persons. I believe this view is correct. God didn't send, He came Himself. It is carnal and insulting to believe Jesus was anything less than GOD.
    He said I AM. and never claimed to be the Son of God, only the Son of man and GOD