1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

"The Incredibles", movie review

Discussion in 'Travel Forum' started by Deacon, Nov 20, 2004.

1. Deacon

Deacon Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    A rainy day in Philly, leaves raked (well almost), chores completed, what a better time to take the family to see a movie.

I’ve enjoyed the T.V. ads promoting the movie, The Incredibles” and knew that I wanted to see it with the family. I took my wife, my youngest daughter, and my mother-in-law this afternoon and we all enjoyed it a lot.

The movie reveals a super-hero family who are stuck in a non-super-hero life. By law, they can’t use their powers and they aren’t able to handle it, their family is slowly unweaving.

When a crisis comes they all pull together, using their varied gifts, they defeat the evil forces around them.

The movie has animated mayhem, death, many scenes with shootings and bullets missing their mark, explosions, a chase scene and even torture scenes. In spite of this I found the movie, humorous, entertaining, digitally entrancing, with a strong pro-family message.

I would recommend The Incredibles as a wholesome family film for ages 8 and up.

And you couldn’t pay me enough to see the Sponge Bob movie.

Rob

2. ChurchBoy

ChurchBoy New Member

I absolutley loved this movie, especially the very strong family message. I especially liked how the mom encouraged her kids and even admitted they she shouldn't have asked her daughter to do something she was not ready for. The movie showed a "real" family in the sense that all the family charaters when not perfect but they loved each other and where there for each other when it counted the most. I'm not sure this movie is approriate for a child under 10, though.

Oh, and my favorite line of the movie"

"I will not fix the hobo suit!"

3. Baptist Renegade

Baptist Renegade New Member

Jack Jack was hilarious! Especially when he turned into "Little Satan" towards the end!

Took my family to see it on opening day! The crowds coming to see it kinda reminded me of when I went to see the first Star Wars when it first came out back in 1976!