1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

The Joy of evangelism

Discussion in 'Evangelism, Missions & Witnessing' started by evangelist6589, Mar 20, 2011.

1. evangelist6589

evangelist6589 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Last night I went out witnessing and passed out many tracts from several different tract ministries. I spoke with many, and challenged many with the gospel. Some in my area are so indoctrinated by culture christianity, that when I politely asked them if they knew the gospel, and how to get saved, they got real defensive. Others did not pretend to be a believer that does not know the gospel and openly were hostile to the message. I think these type are more sincere and honest, over the phonies that say they are Christians, yet, do not know the gospel. I also encouraged a few to make an effort to follow the Lord in active evangelism according to what the scriptures teach in Mark 16, Matt 28, and many other places. I get a great feeling when I know that I have planted many seeds, and done what God has called me to do. I did not get to open air street preaching last night. Usually this form of evangelism creates a far more hostile response over tract and contact evangelism, as would be expected, as people do not want to hear preaching these days. Brothers and sisters I encourage you to follow my example and be active in your evangelism.

John

2. generichaze

generichaze New Member

Amen!

Evangelism is very beneificial for the believer as well.

It helps cause the believer to be more active in prayer, as the believer wants to pray for those that they have been witnessing to.

It causes the believer to thirst for more of the Word that they are actively sharing.