1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

The Judge

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by psalms109:31, Jul 14, 2011.

1. psalms109:31

psalms109:31 Active Member

My story is a rough draft and probably needs editing. It is a story of three different judges, judging two different people each for murder.

I know there is no perfect judge, but God and my understanding even will fall short.

The judges is not how i see all Calvinist and Arminian see God, but how extreme is extreme?

The first judge was a extreme A. He had two men stood before him that was accused of murder. He told both to do these task if they were able to finish them by the end of the day they would be saved . One couldn't do it and faced condemnation, the other who finished was saved.

The judge extreme C. The first accused stood before him and said you are condemned. The attorney said there is reasonable doubt that he did it. The judge said he did something wrong so off to condemnation. The next person stood before him and the judge said he is my son, he is saved. The attorney said wait there is a chance he did it. The judge said he is my son he is saved.

The next is judge AC. The first accused begged and cried I am a sinner I am so sorry for what I did to the man. I beg you for mercy. I deserve death the one i murdered didn't and the judge said you forgiven. The next accused stood before and said he deserved it. He could of protected himself, but he stood there. I don't care and don't regret what I did. The judge condemned him.

#1 psalms109:31, Jul 14, 2011
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 14, 2011
  2. David Lamb

David Lamb Active Member

An interesting picture, Psalms 109:31.

I'm glad you said: "The judges are not how I see all Calvinists and Arminians see God."

In fact, I personally don't know of anyone, however extremely calvinistic their beliefs, who believes that God punishes people unjustly. There are quite a few members of the BB (including myself) whose beliefs are calvinistic; do any such people believe that God punishes anyone who has not sinned, (or even people of whom it could be said, "There is reasonable doubt as to whether he sinned,") or that the sinners He saves are those of whom it could be said, "There is a chance he did something wrong"? I for one don't believe that. To suggest that anyone could escape God's wrath because they were perfectly innocent goes against the bible's teaching that we are all sinners, and that God would have been perfectly just to condemn us all to hell.

Of course there is one glorious exception. God did indeed punish One Who was not a sinner - the Lord Jesus Christ. Sinners could not be saved otherwise. Some Christians have called it "The Great Exchange" - Jesus Christ took on Himself all our sin and guilt; we got His perfect righteousness standing before God. His righteousness was exchanged for our sin.

#2 David Lamb, Jul 14, 2011
  3. psalms109:31

The attorneys are trying to save and the other is trying to convict the murderers.

I would call myself a Spurgeon Calvinist who said Calvinism is the Gospel which tells me if they are not preaching the Gospel they are not Calvinist. Jesus for salvation there is no other name that we can be saved by.

#3 psalms109:31, Jul 14, 2011
  4. David Lamb

David Lamb Active Member

I understand that, but I thought your OP was about different views of God, represented in your story as a judge. I am not sure who the attorneys are meant to illustrate. God is a perfect judge, as I am sure you agree, and the opinions of attorneys and jurors, even the opinions of the one standing in the dock as the accused, will not change His judgements.

5. psalms109:31

Attorney

It is about the judge. The attorney in the story is not to represent our true mediator, advocate. We do try to defend ourselves without helping our case as the attorney did.

I do see the accuser of the brethren and the only mediator between us and the Father that will do us any good who is Jesus Christ.

I wouldn't want to go to court without Jesus Christ.

Revelation 12:10
    Then I heard a loud voice in heaven say: “Now have come the salvation and the power and the kingdom of our God, and the authority of his Messiah. For the accuser of our brothers and sisters, who accuses them before our God day and night, has been hurled down.

Job 9:
    29 Since I am already found guilty,
    why should I struggle in vain?
    30 Even if I washed myself with soap
    and my hands with cleansing powder,
    31 you would plunge me into a slime pit
    so that even my clothes would detest me.

32 “He is not a mere mortal like me that I might answer him,
    that we might confront each other in court.
    33 If only there were someone to mediate between us,
    someone to bring us together,
    34 someone to remove God’s rod from me,
    so that his terror would frighten me no more.
    35 Then I would speak up without fear of him,
    but as it now stands with me, I cannot.

Job 16:
    18 “Earth, do not cover my blood;
    may my cry never be laid to rest!
    19 Even now my witness is in heaven;
    my advocate is on high.
    20 My intercessor is my friend
    as my eyes pour out tears to God;
    21 on behalf of a man he pleads with God
    as one pleads for a friend.