1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

The JV murder Jordanian pilot

Discussion in 'News & Current Events' started by Jkdbuck76, Feb 3, 2015.

1. Jkdbuck76

Jkdbuck76 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

I'm not even going to post the link, but it has been reported that ISIS has murdered the captive Jordanian pilot by burning him to death. I wonder if Obeyme still considers ISIS to be JV? He will eat those words.

Jordan promised revenge.

So what is next? Why is ISIS begging for a fight?

2. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Jordan executed two members of Isis in return today.

3. righteousdude2

righteousdude2 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Would it be wrong if America executed one prisoner in Gitmo for every American beheaded by the Jihadists?

After all, Obama wants to empty Gitmo, and I have to ask if this would be much more appropriate than sending them back over there to fight another day for the terrorists?

4. Sapper Woody

Sapper Woody Well-Known Member

Wrong? Possibly. I'm not sure. Effective? Definitely not. We'd be turning them into martyrs; heroes.

5. Rolfe

Rolfe Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    What would that accomplish?

6. Revmitchell

Revmitchell Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    It would make them dead

7. Rolfe

Rolfe Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    And you do not think that their martyrdom would inspire others or escalate the hostage-taking?

Short sighted.

8. church mouse guy

church mouse guy Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Allah might have trouble coming up with enough concubines for all these martyrs since Mohammed says that hell is full of mostly women and most women go to hell. Martyrs might need reservations with Allah.

9. InTheLight

InTheLight Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I believe it would make them stop and think.

Also, would they truly be martyrs? How many Muslim terrorists are still venerating the prisoners at Gitmo?

10. Rolfe

Rolfe Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I do not see it. Martyrdom (I think that it would be looked upon as such) is good motivation.

11. InTheLight

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Look at what Jordan does. I'm pretty sure they understand the mindset of terrorists:

Jordan has executed two convicts, including a female jihadist, following the killing of one of its air force pilots by Islamic State (IS) militants.

The woman, failed suicide bomber Sajida al-Rishawi, and al-Qaeda operative Ziyad Karboli - both Iraqi nationals - were hanged at dawn, officials said.

The executions came hours after IS posted a video appearing to show pilot Moaz al-Kasasbeh being burned alive.

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-middle-east-31124900

Now, in the Muslim mindset, who is the martyr? The Jordanian pilot or the hanged prisoners? Probably both were considered martyrs by their respective followers. In fact,

Mamdouh al-Ameri, a spokesman for the Jordanian armed forces, said on Tuesday that Lt Kasasbeh had "fallen as a martyr", saying their "revenge will be as huge as the loss of the Jordanians."

[Facetious mode] So, if they're so anxious to be martyrs, kill them all and let God sort 'em out?

#11 InTheLight, Feb 4, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 4, 2015
  12. just-want-peace

just-want-peace Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Would this make them any more a terrorist threat/activist than they already are???
    After all, all they need is an excuse --- or not!!!
    Just like the liberals needed no logical reason to accuse the conservatives of wanting to make grandma eat dog food, these yo-yos need no logical reason to behead/burn/stab/shoot/ yada, yada, yada, either.

13. Use of Time

Use of Time Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Killing them would just make them dead. That's it. Full stop. It wouldn't make them martyrs and it wouldn't serve as a deterrent. They are fanatics with a singular objective. ISIS could not care less about the two people executed. One of them was a women who they sent out to die in the first place. I'm not a big fan of just offing detainees in some sort of tit for tat thing. It has no bearing on the bigger picture.

14. InTheLight

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Why do you suppose there have been (relatively) few terrorist attempts on US soil since 9/11? Is it because we have brought the fight to them? Because of our aggressive drone program? We've killed many, many terrorists, including terrorist leaders through the years, yet no reprisal on US soil? Is the drone program a deterrent?

15. Use of Time

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    The main reason for few domestic terrorist attempts is the fact that it was made difficult to pull them off here. Intelligence and security were taken far more seriously post 9/11. We have had several failed attempts domestically but were thankfully staved off by the FBI/CIA. So, do you go through all the logistical nightmares and precision planning to pull off a terrorist event here in America or do you just dig a hole on an Iraqi highway and try to IED one of the thousands of US vehicles that drive by your own neighborhood daily. They have an unlimited amount of resources and munitions in their own country and plenty of western targets to choose from on a daily basis. Minimizing our presence has left them turning on each other as you can see with the rise of ISIL.

#15 Use of Time, Feb 4, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Feb 4, 2015
  16. carpro

carpro Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Hard to make a martyr out of someone when nobody knows what happened to them...if you get my drift.

17. Use of Time

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    This is also true.

18. Rolfe

Rolfe Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I see the logic of that.