1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

The KJV itself is against KJVO!

Discussion in 'Bible Versions & Translations' started by robycop3, Mar 24, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. HankD

HankD Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Yes, it is an attempt, in that the radical KJVO say that there is no other Bible for the English speaking people.

However the fruit that the MV's produce prove it to be a futile attempt.

HankD

2. Rubato 1

Rubato 1 New Member

Hardly. It would probably be objectively seen as an attempt to define God's word, but even KJVOers are interested in getting the Word of God to everyone possible...

3. Askjo

Askjo New Member

Correct, I agree with you. No one imprisoned the KJV since almost 400 years. :D

4. Salamander

Salamander New Member

Actually, "KJVO" is the attempt to label those brethren who stand for the KJB while MV proponents rail upon their person.

Having a KJB only stand is knowing God preserved His word in the KJB so as to be understood by its wording as to maintain doctrines when taking the entire word of God as comparable scripture with scripture and come to no conclusion there could be a contradiction.

It's the wording that allows that to be when context and definition are considered.

All I've seen is another very loosely opinionated rendering of the scripture to attack a stand for the word of God to be forever preserved in the English language.

5. Salamander

Salamander New Member

One can be bound so that his voice not be heard, but the Spirit of God can move upon the hearts of men and even Baalim's donkey.

6. Amy.G

Amy.G New Member

And if God can speak through a donkey, He can surely speak through the NKJV, NASB, ESV, well you get the point.

7. Rubato 1

Rubato 1 New Member

Boy that says an awful lot...:laugh:

8. Bro. James

Bro. James Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    One could make a similar analogy to justify making golden calves.

You shall know the Truth, the Truth shall make you free.

Selah,

Bro. James

9. robycop3

robycop3 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Sal:Actually, "KJVO" is the attempt to label those brethren who stand for the KJB while MV proponents rail upon their person. [/i]

They have labeled themselves with their incorrect "stand".

Having a KJB only stand is knowing God preserved His word in the KJB so as to be understood by its wording as to maintain doctrines when taking the entire word of God as comparable scripture with scripture and come to no conclusion there could be a contradiction.

Actually, having a KJVO stand is attempting to place a man-made theory in authority over the word of GOD.

It's the wording that allows that to be when context and definition are considered.

And that wording has been left behind by 400 years of the march of time & progress.

All I've seen is another very loosely opinionated rendering of the scripture to attack a stand for the word of God to be forever preserved in the English language.

All I've seen from KJVO is a man-made attempt to bind the word of God with a man-made doctrine that isn't endorsed by GOD in the slightest degree.

10. NaasPreacher (C4K)

NaasPreacher (C4K) Well-Known Member

I disagree with the red portion. No KJVO that I have ever encounters attempts to bind God's word. They may interpret the meaning of "God's word" differently from me - but I can't accept that they seek to bind it.

#30 NaasPreacher (C4K), Mar 28, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 28, 2008
  11. robycop3

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Dont'cha think they try to bind it to the KJV alone?

12. Mexdeaf

Mexdeaf New Member

I disagree with Roby's exegesis, but I do see his point. Although I have not heard it preached recently, there was a time in KJVO circles when they declared that if you were not saved through the KJV, you were not saved at all.

That is an admittedly extreme position, but it does reflect a 'binding' of Biblical doctrine to the KJV.

13. Salamander

Salamander New Member

Yeah, I've known some ignorant Christians before. I told one young man that no one could have been saved before 1611, if that were true, and all the Apostles and the penmen who gave us the word of God as they were inspired were lost as well.

All he could do is look at me in "wonder" that some one who stands on the KJB as I do would "say such a thang!":godisgood:

14. Salamander

Salamander New Member

He does, everywhere there isn't a contradiction or a misleading in their text, but we all know it's that way within everyone you listed.

I've never said they weren't good commentaries now have I?

#34 Salamander, Mar 28, 2008
    Last edited: Mar 28, 2008
  15. Salamander

Salamander New Member

Only roby thinks we bind the word of God, yet he would be right when he says that about us who make Bibles in tangible form.

I used to work in a bindery, making books that is, so those who are KJB onlies that bind Bibles are binding the word of God!:laugh:

16. gb93433

gb93433 Active Member
    Site Supporter

There were different translation of the OT during the time of Jesus. There are times when Paul quote something and it does not seen to be found aywhere.

17. EdSutton

EdSutton New Member

From the account, it appears there was one dumb ass arguing with another. :applause:

I suggest that Balaam's dumb ass might be somewhat likened to Joseph. Joseph, was also moved by and spoke by the Holy Spirit (Gen. 41:16, 38), and had 12 brothers and sisters, who lived long lives, but who did not necessarily speak according to the Spirit of God, however.

I do hope that others can distinguish between who is the man and who is the beast in my conversations, unlike that of Balaam and his ass, for sometimes in fact, given some conversations I have had, I have suspected that I was speaking to a full brother or sister of Balaam's ass, and who is still living today!

Ed

#37 EdSutton, Mar 29, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 29, 2008
  18. robycop3

Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Regardless of whether or not one applies 2 Tim. 2:9 to the binding of God's word in versions or not, I shall never, at least while on earth, believe God's word is restricted to just one version. Such an idea does not occur whatsoever in God's word, and all the evidence points against such an idea. While some of you don't believe the Timothy verse applies to this fact, I believe it does, so we're just gonna hafta agree to disagree.

19. NaasPreacher (C4K)

NaasPreacher (C4K) Well-Known Member

No problem with that

20. Pastor_Bob

Pastor_Bob Well-Known Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    I agree 100%.

Granted. Now, will you also grant the KJVO the privilege of applying Psalm 12:6-7 to the preservation of God's Word?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.