1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

The Kyle Busch Show

Discussion in 'Sports Forum' started by ccrobinson, Aug 10, 2008.

1. ccrobinson

ccrobinson Active Member

:sleeping_2:

There's not much that makes a Nascar season worse than to see one driver dominate the wins. The only time that's enjoyable is when it's your driver dominating, and since nobody likes Kyle very much, it's making this season nearly unwatchable. For the 2nd straight week, I didn't take many notes for this race, mostly because I didn't get home from church in time to catch the start. Depending on which church I visit next week, I may or may not be able to take notes next week.

I like Dr. Jerry Punch very much. He's no longer a pit road reporter, but when he was, he was the gold standard for pit road reporting. Not only were his reports accurate and informative, he even used his skills as a doctor to save a life. In the spring of '88, Rusty Wallace crashed so hard at Bristol during practice that it knocked him out. Jerry was the first on the scene, realized Rusty wasn't breathing and used his skills as a doctor to get Rusty to breathe, saving his life. Jerry's done great things as a pit road reporter and today, he cemeted for all time his status as one of my favorite Nascar media members.

After a yellow flag that wasn't that many laps from the previous round of pit stops, Jerry said, "Are they going to come into the pits? Let's open it up to our experts. And Brad."

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Brilliant!

I heart Dr. Jerry Punch.

2. TomVols

TomVols New Member

Jerry is a Knoxville guy. Moved here several years ago and claims to have fallen more in love with the place than when he decided to move here. We love him here. He's exclusively on WNML 990 on Mondays with John and Jimmy. You can get the Sports Animal online if you'd like to hear it.

Jerry and I haven't met, but we have common acquantances. They all to a person say he's a genuinely nice guy. He once quipped on the radio that he gets his pizzas delivered fast because of his celebrity. All he has to do is, while on the phone with the pizza place, is say out loud "Hey Peyton" or "Hey Coach Pearl, what do you want on your pizza?" :)

Back to Kyle: I guess that's the one redeeming thing about the "Chase" - the fact that all Kyle has done so far gets fairly well wiped clean and the other drivers get their shot.

#2 TomVols, Aug 11, 2008
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 11, 2008