1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

The lacking quality of humility these days

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by evangelist6589, Nov 19, 2011.

1. evangelist6589

evangelist6589 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I could not agree more. Yes it is very wise to do this. Once a pastor moved into a town I used to live. He got proud and fired his entire board and everyone who disagreed with him. The church sunk in attendance and kept on going down.. In 2011 that church no longer exists and the pastor is long gone. Its very sad as it at one time was a vibrant healthy church. The pastor drove everyone away, and his pride told him that he would drive away everyone who disagreed with him.

2. evangelist6589

evangelist6589 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I have to wonder what I ever said or did to this poster. I interact with dozens of people these days. What did I ever say or do to you? If I said something to you and insulted you then I wish to make the peace and apologize.

3. preacher4truth

preacher4truth Active Member

Hey, you're the one who put out your prideful and judgmental OP and slammed another preacher all due to the fact he didn't answer "you." Then you conclude many sinful things against him for not responding? Really? You have issues.

Now you don't want to face the music for doing so? Wow.

I'm not the only one not afraid to tell you the truth in this thread. Perhaps you should humble yourself and pray?

I mean, how dare one not answer evangelist6589 and his rebuke/questions via email/facebook, and in so doing said recipient "proves" he is arrogant, proud, and unable to receive correction according to evangelist6589. What a ridiculous, judgmental, and arrogant assumption.

But go ahead, question me and in so doing garner fodder from others who unwisely support you.

You can't see "it." You're the prideful one here, not the other.

4. Robert Snow

Robert Snow New Member

...Could be!