1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

The Land of Unwalled Villages

Discussion in 'Baptist Theology & Bible Study' started by Rufus_1611, Jul 16, 2007.

1. Rufus_1611

Rufus_1611 New Member

What land is the land of "unwalled villages"?

Ezekiel 38

11And thou shalt say, I will go up to the land of unwalled villages; I will go to them that are at rest, that dwell safely, all of them dwelling without walls, and having neither bars nor gates,

12To take a spoil, and to take a prey; to turn thine hand upon the desolate places that are now inhabited, and upon the people that are gathered out of the nations, which have gotten cattle and goods, that dwell in the midst of the land.

13Sheba, and Dedan, and the merchants of Tarshish, with all the young lions thereof, shall say unto thee, Art thou come to take a spoil? hast thou gathered thy company to take a prey? to carry away silver and gold, to take away cattle and goods, to take a great spoil?

14Therefore, son of man, prophesy and say unto Gog, Thus saith the Lord GOD; In that day when my people of Israel dwelleth safely, shalt thou not know it?

15And thou shalt come from thy place out of the north parts, thou, and many people with thee, all of them riding upon horses, a great company, and a mighty army:

16And thou shalt come up against my people of Israel, as a cloud to cover the land; it shall be in the latter days, and I will bring thee against my land, that the heathen may know me, when I shall be sanctified in thee, O Gog, before their eyes. ​

2. npetreley

npetreley New Member

I'll probably get flamed for suggesting this, but I suspect it refers to Israel toward the end of the millenium.

3. saturneptune

saturneptune New Member

Zech 2:5 talks about Jerusalem restored that has a wall of fire and the Glory of God as its protection. Not exactly sure what it means in timeline context, but it sure sounds like someone at peace with nothing to worry about.

4. skypair

skypair Active Member

My understanding is that the 7 year covenant of AC calls for tearing down Israel's walls vis-a-vis the Palestinians.

skypair

5. Rufus_1611

Rufus_1611 New Member

That's interesting. Can you elaborate on what scripture leads you to have this understanding?

6. just-want-peace

just-want-peace Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I think you are absolutely dead-on correct on both of your points!

And, as noted in the OP, it will be just prior to the last great battle against Israel which will usher us into eternity; IMHO of course!

MARA NATHA :jesus::godisgood::praying:

7. npetreley

npetreley New Member

Wow, I'm really surprised to see another human being sees it this way! People usually place Ez 38 in the "tribulation period" somewhere. (I use quotes because there is no such thing as a "tribulation period" -- great tribulation, yes -- tribulation period, no.)

8. skypair

skypair Active Member

Well rufus, I see a peace coming even before the tribulation in Zech 10:12. If you look at Zech 10:11, we are in a "countdown" of events to the start of the tribulation. "And he shall pass through the sea with affliction (Holocaust ended this), and shall smite the waves in the sea (outside attacks), and all the deeps of the river shall dry up (inside terrorism): and the pride of Assyria shall be brought down (Saddam/Iraq), and the sceptre of Egypt shall depart away (Egypt no longer the head of Muslim nations)." Then "And I will strengthen them in the LORD; and they shall walk up and down in his (Ephriam's/immigrants) name, saith the LORD." This "walking up and down shows peace, IMO. In fact, it may be the peace that AC "confirms" -- already agreed before the war, set in place after it.

Now comes Zech 11:1-3 -- the war, the "sudden destruction" (1Thes 5:3). Because of the rapture, the signers of the peace (Syria, Lebanon, Jordan, Palestinians) will feel at emboldened to attack israel. Israel will beat the stuffin' our of them taking much of their territory and when the Muslims sue for peace, a 7 year covenant will be confirmed which allows Israel to rebuild the temple but which also allows them, unthreatened anymore, to tear down their anit-Palestinian walls.

skypair

9. Rufus_1611

Rufus_1611 New Member

That's good stuff...thank you Skypair. You've given me a bunch to study and consider.

10. skypair

skypair Active Member

Probably the next thing you will notice in Zech 11 is that whoever is speaking gets rid of 3 shepherds -- "I hate them, they loathe me." This would explain the 3 horns plucked up in Dan 7, right? And whereas the Beauty and Bands are the 7 year peace confirmed (and Israel east and west of the Jordan R. reunited), a bit later he takes Beauty (the covenant) and breaks it in sunder. This all comports well with other trib prophecy.

skypair