1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

The Law of God written upon the hearts of the financial industry

Discussion in 'Money Talk$' started by ReformedBaptist, Sep 27, 2007.

1. ReformedBaptist

ReformedBaptist Well-Known Member

I am alwasy amazed at how theological/biblical concepts are evident in the world. When I took a course in college on the scientific method the purpose was to "improve the human condition." I asked the professor what about the human condition did they think was wrong, and shared with him the biblical doctrine of universal sin.

In beginning my study for the CFP designation I came accross the following legal concept:

Vicarious Liability

When one person is liable for the negligent actions of another person, even though the first person was not directly responsible for the injury. For instance, a parent sometimes can be vicariously liable for the harmful acts of a child and an employer sometimes can be vicariously liable for the acts of a worker.

Pretty amazing eh? I see something of the concept of Adam actiing as the representive of mankind, mankind being vicariously liable for the sin of Adam.

I will have to think on this to ensure I am making a right comparrison, but pretty interesting eh?

RB