1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

The Law of Sin and Death

Discussion in 'Other Christian Denominations' started by Gerhard Ebersoehn, Jun 24, 2008.

1. Gerhard Ebersoehn

Gerhard Ebersoehn Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    I have recently been engaged in a debate on this subject in South-Africa. I would like to get the feel of the American way of thinking. I shall tell the person I debated with to join the discussion and e-mail him this OP.
    Thanks
    Gerhard Ebersoehn

2. David Lamb

David Lamb Active Member

Can you help by letting us know what it is you would like discussed? Are you asking Americans on the Baptist Board what they believe the phrase, "the law of sin and death" means, or is there more to it? And have you any reason for wanting only the American way of thinking? Thanks

3. Gerhard Ebersoehn

Gerhard Ebersoehn Active Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    No hidden agenda! In SA internet discussion on Bible topics are virtually non-existent, and if, so contaminated with atheist and other devils it's not true. Or they are hyper sensitive like the one I was banned from within seconds, without being granted to explain or apologise or retract or anything. Because the administrator didn't have an answer to my questions you bet!

Then if conducted in Afrikaans, the approach is either stereotype 'Calvinism' (I am a Calvinist, and assure you these quasi-calvinists are not true Calvinists!) - either stereotype 'Calvinistic' or, charasmatic babblers who don't know a thing what they are speaking.

I have found BabtistBoard so far the best by far Bible-discussion-website, and the Americans BY FAR the best Biblestudents, and most courageous.

Now for the topic 'The Law of Sin and Death': I believe Christianity needs a fresh approach and some original thinking. Let's take for motto this wisdom: Discovery is to see what everyone has seen; then to think what no one else has thought. But my own overruling motto comes first: "We see Jesus", and, "He is the fulfilling Fulness of everything in every one" believer. How do I bring together this first principle of Christ, and, "The Law of sin and death"?