1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

The Lazy Man's Guide to Interpretting Parables

Discussion in 'Baptist Theology & Bible Study' started by James_Newman, Aug 13, 2007.

1. Hope of Glory

Hope of Glory New Member

And, although I suspect that JJump was saying that he never accused anyone of being unsaved (he'll have to answer that), just whom was he saying is not a Christian?

2. Hope of Glory

Hope of Glory New Member

The subject was the lieing being the main debating tactic that npetreley and you use, and thus the amount of verbage involved in that.

So, since the implied subject is the lieing that you and npetreley engage in, and you could not follow through, simply add the phrase to the end so that it read: "to use quite a bit of verbage in said tactic of lieing."

It involves only a few posters whose scriptural knowledge is vacuous enough that the only ammunition they have at hand is to lie, yell "heresy!", pound the virtual podium a bit, and include little, if any scripture.

3. Amy.G

Amy.G New Member

And now you are accusing me of lying as well. I have not lied. If you are convinced that I have, then prove it as I proved JJump lied.

4. Hope of Glory

Hope of Glory New Member

Sorry, I didn't see this yesterday. This one's an easy one. I'll just point out two. (One's a quote the other a paraphrase, since you have as many posts as I have.)

We have answered this question over and over and over, and then you come back with "why won't you answer the question?"

Secondly, you have said that I claim a works-based spiritual salvation.

That's a bald-faced lie!

If it isn't, it should be easy to quote me.

5. Lacy Evans

Lacy Evans New Member

This could be a cool discussion if someone would address the OP.

Lacy

6. James_Newman

James_Newman New Member

I got a book from Mardels by Ickleme, Pickleme, Tickleme Too that says the OP is a doctrine of devils, so no thank you!

7. Lacy Evans

Lacy Evans New Member

Well that only proves that your authorities are . . .something . . .I don't know what,

but something.

8. James_Newman

James_Newman New Member

Ickle Me, Pickle Me, Tickle Me Too
    from the book "Where the Sidewalk Ends" (1974)

Ickle Me, Pickle Me, Tickle Me too
    Went for a ride in a flying shoe.
    "Hooray!"
    "What fun!"
    "It's time we flew!"
    Said Ickle Me, Pickle Me, Tickle Me too.

Ickle was captain, and Pickle was crew
    And Tickle served coffee and mulligan stew
    As higher
    And higher
    And higher they flew,
    Ickle Me, Pickle Me, Tickle Me too.

Ickle Me, Pickle Me, Tickle Me too,
    Over the sun and beyond the blue.
    "Hold on!"
    "Stay in!"
    "I hope we do!"
    Cried Ickle Me, Pickle Me, Tickle Me too.

Ickle Me, Pickle Me, Tickle too
    Never returned to the world they knew,
    And nobody
    Knows what's
    Happened to
    Dear Ickle Me, Pickle Me, Tickle Me too.

9. Amy.G

Amy.G New Member

You do claim a works based salvation as you have repeatedly said that the soul has yet to be saved and that it requires works to save it.

If you have answered those 2 questions I cannot find it. Surely you agree that there are hundreds of posts to go through and to require me to do that is ridiculous and another avoidance.
    Please answer those 2 questions here or you can copy and paste or just give me the post #'s.

Thank you.

(I also have had to repeat myself for you and others. My beliefs are important enough to me to repeat them as many times as necessary.)

10. npetreley

npetreley New Member

They NEVER answered the questions directly as long as I was reading their posts. They may claim they answered the questions, but you couldn't get a simple "yes" or "no", or a "my righteousness" or "His righteousness" from them without sodium pentathol. They're terrified of answering those questions directly and simply because it would expose their false doctrine.

11. James_Newman

James_Newman New Member

At least recognize that we also teach that a believer doesn't have to do anything at all and in fact may be guilty of horrible sin and still will be raised up on the last day because of what Christ did, and nothing that we do. Then contrast that to the view that says we are saved by grace, but if you're sinning x sins then you aren't really covered by the blood thank you believe again sir.

12. Amy.G

Amy.G New Member

God saves the whole person, not just the spirit. We are not left to save our own soul. There is NO NO NO NO condemnation for those who are in Christ. Zero condemnation. Not 1000 years, not 100 years, not 10 years, not 1 year.......NO CONDEMNATION! NONE!

Romans
    Rom 8:1 ΒΆ [There is] therefore now no condemnation to them which are in Christ Jesus, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit.
    Rom 8:2 For the law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus hath made me free from the law of sin and death.
    Rom 8:3 For what the law could not do, in that it was weak through the flesh, God sending his own Son in the likeness of sinful flesh, and for sin, condemned sin in the flesh:
    Rom 8:4 That the righteousness of the law might be fulfilled in us, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit.

The saved walk after the Spirit. NO CONDEMNATION.

13. James_Newman

James_Newman New Member

Where do you get these slogans from? God saves the whole person, not just the spirit? What does that mean?

1 Corinthians 5:5 To deliver such a one unto Satan for the destruction of the flesh, that the spirit may be saved in the day of the Lord Jesus.

1 Thessalonians 5:23 And the very God of peace sanctify you wholly; and I pray God your whole spirit and soul and body be preserved blameless unto the coming of our Lord Jesus Christ.

Mark 8:34-37
    34 And when he had called the people unto him with his disciples also, he said unto them, Whosoever will come after me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross, and follow me.
    35 For whosoever will save his life shall lose it; but whosoever shall lose his life for my sake and the gospel's, the same shall save it.
    36 For what shall it profit a man, if he shall gain the whole world, and lose his own soul?
    37 Or what shall a man give in exchange for his soul?

14. Amy.G

Amy.G New Member

Have you not maintained all throughout this debate that the spirit is eternally saved (the eternal that means forever and ever, not the "age" eternal), but the soul is yet to be saved? That if you don't do enough good works that the soul goes to hell for 1000 years?

15. James_Newman

James_Newman New Member

Thats how some divide it, I personally prefer to look at it as eternal/kingdom salvation. However you want to call it, I know there is a sense in which a saved man can still lose his soul.

Mark 8:34-37
    34 And when he had called the people unto him with his disciples also, he said unto them, Whosoever will come after me, let him deny himself, and take up his cross, and follow me.
    35 For whosoever will save his life shall lose it; but whosoever shall lose his life for my sake and the gospel's, the same shall save it.
    36 For what shall it profit a man, if he shall gain the whole world, and lose his own soul?
    37 Or what shall a man give in exchange for his soul?

If we seek to save our life in this world, we will lose it in the next.

16. Amy.G

Amy.G New Member

Then I spoke accurately. Why ask what I mean?

17. Amy.G

Amy.G New Member

Jesus is speaking of eternal life. Not just soul life as you see it. If we value our earthly life, our possesions, money, power, fame, ect. more than eternal life, then we lose eternal life, all of it, spirit, soul and body.

18. Hope of Glory

Hope of Glory New Member

You also will not find where anyone but npetreley, yourself, and a few others have stated what you are supposedly "quoting" here.

There are some who end up in gehenna.

Most, simply end up with no rewards. Many are called.

Some end up ruling and reigning. Few are called out, or elect.

It's interesting to note that the servant who was punished, was punished for doing nothing.

19. Hope of Glory

Hope of Glory New Member

So, just how many works does it take to lose your spiritual salvation?

20. skypair

skypair Active Member

HoG, James,

Let me see if I got this: You are saved by believing on Christ -- you rule and reign in the kingdom because your works qualify you to. Is that it?

And what's this "initiation" HoG mentions that allows him to understand the parables?

skypair