1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

The Leaven of Synergism...

Discussion in 'Calvinism & Arminianism Debate' started by convicted1, Apr 1, 2015.

1. convicted1

convicted1 Guest

2. Earth Wind and Fire

Earth Wind and Fire Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I find the part about Luther & his belief in Sola Gratia very enlightening.

As for the rest of it brother, we know it all too well. In order for a guy like me to wade through this whole religious enlightenment thing I must be assured that its all of God, that my Savior saved me solely by his grace & that I'm a new creature (in Christ). See I know that if I was left to my own devices then I would be bound for hell....and that's quite a humbling & at the same time an exhilarating experience. Now the only thing you can do on your own at that point is say, "Jesus, thanks for saving me"

But you know, I cant speak for everyone's salvation experiences....perhaps some people do in fact consciously give themselves to the Lord. Then perhaps they have a point & their salvation experience has validity....I just dont see it cause my own personal experience was so radically different. Then maybe we are both right!

3. convicted1

convicted1 Guest

:applause::applause::applause::applause:

4. Yeshua1

Yeshua1 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Would say that we just need to avoid the extremes sides on this issue, such as holding to death of jesus already reconciled me back before receiving jesus thru faith, and the other side that states even faith in him is a work! or that we somehow can exercise free will in and of ourselves to produce faith in him...

5. tyndale1946

tyndale1946 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I agree each and everyone of has a Damascus Road. Who art thou Lord?Some heard only the voice but Saul was blinded... Then the scales fell from his eyes after 3 days. When we can see our risen Saviour Jesus Christ and ALL he's done for us individually and collectively... HE TREAD THE WINEPRESS ALONE!... We can truly sing Amazing Grace with conviction that he stood where we couldn't... Brother Glen

6. Earth Wind and Fire

Earth Wind and Fire Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Absolutely:thumbsup::)

7. steaver

steaver Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    :thumbs::godisgood::jesus:Amen!!!!!!