1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

The Little Pagan Drummer Boy

Discussion in 'Music Ministry' started by Aaron, Dec 24, 2011.

1. thisnumbersdisconnected

I had a dog when I grew up on the farm. That ol' boy was tenacious. Never let go of anything he was of a mind to chew on.

Once got hissed at by a snake wrapped around a tree, and grabbed the snake behind the head and just pulled him in two. Nothing to it.

He once took on at least three coyotes -- we don't know how many for sure, except for the number of prints we found around the "scene of the crime" -- and killed one, drove the other two off. Got himself pretty chewed up, too, and when we found him on the front porch at sunrise, we thought he would die. We took him to the vet and hoped and prayed for the best. He lived. He didn't change his attitude, either, just because he got beat up some.

That dog was determined other animals had no business around his food or water dishes. He loved the cats, played with 'em, heck, he even "kitten-sat" for the old queen-bee momma cat when she went hunting in the middle of the day. Just don't let her get around his food or water dishes. He wouldn't hurt them, but man, did he make a boatload of noise when they got too close.

Compared to you, that dog was a piker.

#81 thisnumbersdisconnected, Dec 11, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 11, 2013
  2. saturneptune

saturneptune New Member

So does anyone ever listen to the lyrics of Christmas songs? Here, on the most profound night in human history, we have the birth of our Savior. I can see the night being peaceful with Mary and Joseph beholding their Child and pondering what this all meant. Possibly a few animals were in the area.

Then, here comes this 13 year old kid out of the peaceful dark, with his snare drum, and starts making noise. At the very least it broke the holy quietness of the moment. The song goes on to say, after some time of making racket, Mary looked up and nodded. That probably meant put the drum down and worship our Savior. But no, he keeps on banging the drum. He bang it for so long, the goat and the sheep kept time by nodding their head. Really cute trick. Finally, Jesus, in the manger, raises His head, and smiles at this kid making all the racket.

Honestly, where do these ridiculous songs come from? If it is not a drummer boy, it is silver bells, chestnuts on an open fire, three ships sailing in, five golden rings, flying reindeer, and good King Winchess. God have mercy on us all, including Tiny Tim.

3. Aaron

Aaron Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    :laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

4. Gina B

Gina B Active Member

I went and listened to it. It's not something I would have sought out before, but had it on my mind because of this thread. After hearing it, wow!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qJ_MGWio-vc

Cool song! Maybe it's just this group. I've heard it here and there before, dunno if I ever heard the whole thing at once until now, but glad to have come across this. They did a great job. Worth of a smile! :thumbs:

5. sag38

sag38 Active Member

Good grief!! Some folks need to get a life.

• Like Like x 1
  6. church mouse guy

church mouse guy Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Now I am wondering if I should don my gay apparel?

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  7. Aaron

Aaron Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Christmas songs give us the opportunity to talk about the Gospel.

8. Salty

Salty 20,000 Posts Club
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    • Like Like x 1
  9. Ran the Man

Ran the Man Active Member

Faith:
    Baptist

10. Ran the Man

Faith:
    Baptist
    Calvinism isn't a happy religion, is it?

11. Ran the Man

Faith:
    Baptist
    I watch Rudolph every chance I get. Also Frosty the Snowman and any other fun stuff that's on TV.
    Dude, my friend just had a stroke this morning.
    Learn to chill before you do.
    I tell myself that too.
    Take care.

12. Aaron

Aaron Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Lol. Depends on the object of one's affections, I guess. You love the ways of this world and desire its friendship, then you would be very miserable individual indeed trying to serve God.

But if you love God, and His Truth, then you will find Calvinism to be a fountain of joy.

13. Ran the Man

Faith:
    Baptist
    Not everything in this world is bad. There's more of God in a lot of things than we realize.

14. Alcott

Alcott Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Give some examples.

15. JonC

JonC Moderator

Faith:
    Baptist
    Ice cream.

16. Alcott

Alcott Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    And what fraction of a quantity of ice cream is God?

17. Ran the Man

Faith:
    Baptist
    That's Calvinist psychosis talking. You know you love ice cream.

18. JonC

JonC Moderator

Faith:
    Baptist
    First, I need to explain where I'm coming from: I’m not a pantheist, so I would say "none" and explain that God is not a tree, yet a tree is not bad. I'm also not a Gnostic, so I do not believe that matter is evil.

Ice cream is not "bad" or inherently evil, but it is not "part God" either. That said, if it were not for God we would not have ice cream. The Christian can enjoy a scoop of ice cream with a thankful heart, in an attitude of worship, considering all things that God has made to include through men.

I'm not saying we start the First Baptist Ice Cream Church. But I am saying if someone starts it I'll visit in moderation.

19. Aaron

Aaron Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Every man is corrupt. All the thoughts of his heart are continually evil. (Hey, just quoting the Apostles doctrines you think you believe.) And, all love darkness rather than light.

Please tell me which ways of the world Christ endorsed that I may not exclude God from all my ways. :Inlove

20. Ran the Man

Faith:
    Baptist
    That's so fundamentalist it's frightening. Now I know why Westboro Baptist can do the things they do.