1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

The Location of the Temple

Discussion in 'Other Discussions' started by liafailrock, Aug 5, 2017.

1. liafailrock

liafailrock Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    Most think it was on the Dome of the Rock, but this site gives a southern theory. No, this is NOT a "City of David" Gihon Springs theory. That's been disproven by archaeological finds of building remains there (which were not from the temple) that dated the same time as the first and second temples in Jerusalem. Obviously there cannot be two different buildings standing at the same time. Rather, this is just the southern end of the temple mount in the Al Asqa Mosque area. The theory is similar to Tuvia Sagiv's southern theory but the temple is placed just a tad further. I am open to either theory.

Locating Solomon's Temple -chapter One

The thing that clinched the southern theory for me is that records indicate that the water did come in via Wilson's arch and that the aqueducts were mostly open (not closed pipes like a siphon). By open that means to atmospheric pressure even if they ran in an underground tunnel. Here's the link to what I found about that:

Section of ancient Jerusalem aqueduct uncovered

Do you see where I'm going here?? If the water comes in at Wilson's arch, then in order to get to the temple at the Dome would have to run uphill which of course would not happen with a mere aqueduct. You'd have to have a sealed system pressurized to do that. This confirms to me that the temple stood somewhere south of Wilson's arch.

For everyone's edification, here's live Kotel cams to add some atmosphere to the subject (LOL):

Kotel Cameras