1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

"The Lord told me . . ."

Discussion in 'Baptist Theology & Bible Study' started by Aaron, Jun 8, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Yeshua1

Yeshua1 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Still gentiles in our bodies!

2. kyredneck

kyredneck Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Still spouting!

3. agedman

agedman Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Unlike the "first born" of Israel or the status/station of family in some cultures, there are no such attachments to salvation (other than the apostles were singled out as specially recognized in the new heaven). The Scriptures present that there is nothing special about a person and this matter of salvation.

However, one minor problem with proclaiming such as applicable to this flesh is that flesh and blood do not enter heaven, and therefore, the foundation of equality is not applicable beyond that of salvation.

Believers in this world, remain in flesh and blood. And as such need and have Scriptural system(s) of hierarchy with the appropriate accountability as far as leadership and esteem given to those who serve well. All believers are not all equal when it comes to the flesh and blood aspects, but each is given that measure and faith and gift in which to enhance the local body (church).

Again, make no mistake, when it comes to salvation, because salvation is not applied to flesh and blood (for such does not enter heaven and one is "born from above, a new creation), there remains that foundation of equality.

Yet, there is then that cultural, ethnic, racial, ... divide that needs to be recognized by the believer(s) that remain in this world and are yet hopeful of being present with the Lord.

It is incorrect to attempt to remove all ethnic and cultural identifications when such partitioning was ordained by God from that Tower.

Becareful, and not to assign station and status inappropriately. Flesh and blood have neither status nor claim to station other than that given by God (appoints leadership...)

Here is a practice example:
    All believers are united in Christ in that Spiritual realm. There is no sexual, physical, mental, emotional ... devisions. Any believer may "come boldly to the throne of grace."
    However, here on this earth, while we remain in the flesh and blood, my wife is still mine, and nobody better put a hand on her without my permission. We may be equal in the Spiritual realm before Christ, but here in the flesh she is under my protection, and I adore her.

The same principle must also be applicable to the church, and believers around the world.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.