1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

Featured The Madness of King Donald

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by Baptist Believer, Oct 2, 2016.

1. Zaac

Zaac Well-Known Member

He and his family are all Me-ists or Trump-ists until it comes to his taxes. Then everything is about the "company" and what the "company" has paid in taxes.

Ain't nobody asked him or his kid about what the company paid in taxes. We want to see HIS taxes.

2. 777

777 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    You could have wheeled out Harry Reid to lie again. The NYT "leak" is sketchy and there's probably nothing there because if there was, the IRS is corrupt and partisan enough to leak them and they don't.

3. InTheLight

InTheLight Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    The NYT leak is sketchy? Photocopies of Trump's front page of three tax forms with his and Melania's signature on them? No denial from Trump's campaign that they are fake? Trump doubling down on being brilliantly smart about how to legally use a $916 million loss? His statement that only he can fix the system because only he knows it so intimately?

I think they are solid.

4. 777

777 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I wasn't implying that the tax returns were fake or anything like that, just that there was something off about the whole thing - I mean, really, where did the NYT get them from? Three state tax returns from 1995???

Now that woman that said she found them in the mail could be lying and she did overtell the story a little bit, which is usually a bad sign of at least exaggeration but I tend to believe it. What she said was that they just came in the mail with a return address of the Trump Towers.

Who would access to that - either has to be a former aide that only worked for Trump a few years in the 90s and kept copies of these returns but not any others for some unknown reason or, more probable, it was from the NY state office, but then again, why only those? Why not dump them all in one fell swoop? The IRS is pretty outlaw these days, but they would've released the federal ones, too, unless they're trying to point the finger elsewhere but that doesn't sound right. They are heavy-handed.

How this ties into the title of this thread is that it's not beyond the realm of possibilities that Trump or one of his operatives leaked that.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. InTheLight

InTheLight Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Perhaps it was a former Trump employee that has kept copies for these 20 years because the loss of 916 million was so astronomical.

Oh, I like this theory! He leaks something so incredible, and only 3 pages worth, that people lighten up bothering him about the tax return issue and he can ignore it forever.

Sent from my Motorola Droid Turbo

6. rsr

rsr <b> 7,000 posts club</b>

Faith:
    Baptist
    Absolutely. In fact, it tends to intensify traits because of the cocoon effect. Things that once would bring reproach from your "friends" are now acceptable because so few people will venture to disagree with you.