1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

The Majority of Americans Support...

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by Deacon, Sep 6, 2013.

1. Deacon

Deacon Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
  2. ktn4eg

ktn4eg New Member

Yeah, if our Congress would ever take over Syria they'd sure make Assad look like a really benign ruler in comparison. :thumbs:

If the Syrians thought that poison gas was hard to deal with........ :smilewinkgrin:

3. saturneptune

saturneptune New Member

I do not know about sending our Congress to Syria, as I would not impose that on any group of humans on earth. I see thread after thread that Obama or Bush has an approval rating that has dropped from 50% to say 45% for this or that incident. Has anyone ever noticed the approval rating of Congress? On a good day, it might get into the low 20s.

The odd thing about Congress is, we hate Congress as a whole, but we keep sending our same members back every two or six years. For example, in our state, the average voter knows that Mitch McConnell has long outlived his useful service to become a liberal, big spending, Democrat clone. Yet, we send him back election after election by the smallest of margins. He opposed the election of Rand Paul from the same party to be our other Senator, and Rand Paul crushed his opponent by 58% in the last election. It seems what we do not understand is that Congress is not going to change until we change out individual representatives.

The totality of the United States government is not just the President, but the President, Congress, and Supreme Court, and the glue that holds them together is suppose to be the Constitution.

A better place than Syria to send Congress would be the unemployment line.

4. NaasPreacher (C4K)

NaasPreacher (C4K) Well-Known Member

Bingo!!!!!!!!

5. Earth Wind and Fire

Earth Wind and Fire Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
  6. Salty

Salty 20,000 Posts Club
    Administrator

Faith:
    Baptist
    and the reason is the seniority counts in Congress - regardless of Party - and seniorty helps brings home the bacon....

7. poncho

poncho Well-Known Member

That's just gross. But hmmm I dunno maybe invisible is her color?