1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

The Making of Another Great Depression

Discussion in 'Political Debate & Discussion' started by OldRegular, Oct 14, 2009.

1. HankD

HankD Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
  2. alatide

alatide New Member

This reply wasn't addressed to you. I didn't say anything about your support of George Bush. You're the one who is continuing this not me.

3. targus

targus New Member

Anyone entering into a mortgage for a house purchase should understand the terms of the agreement before signing.

The ad is to get business in the door and of course would not have all the details for every possible borrower.

I know from personal experience that at the closing the mortgage company spells out the payments, rate, balloon date, etc.

I don't think that there were a lot of mortgage companies misleading borrowers at the closing - but I do think that there were quite a few borrowers that rationalized taking terms that they could never actually meet.

4. HankD

HankD Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    When all else fails blame the victim.

Read the article and others like it.
    Dishonest mortgage agents and bank officers have been prosecuted.

Most of us lock and secure our homes, some even with a burgler system when they are away, but thieves break in anyway.

We lock our cars, but they still get stolen.

Loan shark thieves are no different except for the tools they use; personality charm, stealth, cunning, deception, etc.

OK what about protecting oneself through theft insurance you might ask? AIG?

Agreed, fraud happens on both sides of the desk.

My original post was an exception to your rule of a Christian honoring a contract.

If a contractor has swindled the contractee through deception there is no moral obligation on the part of the victim to honor said fraudulent contract.

HankD

5. OldRegular

OldRegular Well-Known Member

No moral obligation but!!!!!!!!!!! tell that to the government unless you know the right people.

6. HankD

HankD Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Well, yes there may be a legal obligation, especially if the government is the victimizer.

HankD

7. OldRegular

Rather that say the right people I should have said the right party.

8. OldRegular

Obama's chief financial expert has admitted that employment will not impriove next year, that the stimulus has don its do, whatever that was. So wait until next year when:

The Bush tax cuts will expire and everyones taxes will increase.

Cap and tax will become law and everyones taxes will increase.

Citizens will be fined if they don't have medical insurance.

Rationing of Medical care will start and there will be fewer people paying taxes and of course fewer drawing Social Security. Look at the bright side.

The depression will continue and worsen!