1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

The Mark

Discussion in 'Baptist Theology & Bible Study' started by Aaron, Feb 7, 2016.

1. Aaron

Aaron Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Rom 1:32 . . . who knowing the judgment of God, that they which commit such things are worthy of death, not only do (received on the hand) the same, but have pleasure (received on the forehead) in them that do them.

It isn't a tattoo or a chip.

• Informative Informative x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  2. Reformed

Reformed Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Aaron, perhaps I'm a bit denser this afternoon than I normally am. I'm not sure what the point is in your OP.

3. JonC

JonC Moderator

Faith:
    Baptist
    So basically you are saying that the “mark” is the state of having been given over to the lusts of their hearts?

4. Martin Marprelate

Martin Marprelate Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I have never linked this thought with Rom. 1:32, but it is absolutely right. Rom. 6:16 says that people obey the one of whom they are slaves. Slaves would often carry the mark (brand) of their owner. If you want to know whether someone is a bondservant of God or the devil, look for the mark. It's on his forehead and his hand. It will show in what he thinks and what he does. 'By their fruits you shall know them.'

Absolutely not!

#4 Martin Marprelate, Feb 7, 2016
    Last edited: Feb 8, 2016
    • Like Like x 2
  5. tyndale1946

tyndale1946 Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Absolutely not![/QUOTE]

Interesting OP!... But is this the same mark that Paul addresses in his letter to the Galatian brethren or is it different?... Not arguing looking for clarification!... Brother Glen

Galatians 6:17 From henceforth let no man trouble me: for I bear in my body the marks of the Lord Jesus.

6. Aaron

Aaron Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    My point was to define the mark of the beast.

7. Aaron

Aaron Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    The Mark is symbolic, of course, like all the imagery in Revelation. I'm just wearied by the superstitious hype that prevails, and RD's thread triggered this response. As John said, antichrists are already in the world, so is their mark.

As stated by Martin, those who yield their members to sin are the servants of sin. Some will do so because they're coerced. They yield their members to antichrist doctrine to escape tribulation and other forms of suffering— like baking a cake for the celebration of Sodom so he can keep his livelihood even though Sodom vexes one's soul. This would be the mark received on the hand.

And though some aren't living in sodomy, they agree with the doctrine. This would be the mark received on the forehead.

Now some may disagree with the specific application above, but the point is that the Mark is nothing like the Lindseyan effusions of the last almost fifty years.

• Like Like x 2
  8. Aaron

Aaron Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    I've always thought this a reference to scars from the stonings and whippings he received.

#8 Aaron, Feb 7, 2016
    Last edited: Feb 7, 2016
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. beameup

beameup Member

I suspect the "mark" will be more than external. I suspect that "genetic engineering" (modification of the human genome) will be the real problem for folks not being eligible for salvation at that time.
    "As it was in the days of Noah" - in Genesis 6 we see "genetic engineering" taking place in a more "natural" way, when materialized angels lusted after daughters of Adam and produced nephilim
    (who were ineligible for salvation due to being hybrids).

10. Darrell C

Darrell C Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Could you show where in Scripture thought or deed is presented as...a mark?

But for the sake of discussion, consider:

Revelation 15:2King James Version (KJV)
    2 And I saw as it were a sea of glass mingled with fire: and them that had gotten the victory over the beast, and over his image, and over his mark, and over the number of his name, stand on the sea of glass, having the harps of God.

In view the "mark" belongs to the beast...not the person who has it. For the mark to refer to thought or deed we would need to see them overcome their mark. The decision to worship the beast is made by the ones who do so, they are not forced to do so by Antichrist. Compelled, yes, but not forced.

God bless.

11. Aaron

Aaron Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
    Rom 16:17 Now I beseech you, brethren, mark them which cause divisions and offences contrary to the doctrine which ye have learned; and avoid them.

Phl 3:17 Brethren, be followers together of me, and mark them which walk so as ye have us for an ensample.

12. Aaron

Aaron Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Baptist
  13. beameup

beameup Member

Scientists claim they've completed the first successful gene therapy against human ageing

The CEO of
    Bioviva USA Inc, Elizabeth Parrish, claims to be the first human in world history to have successfully reversed the effects of natural ageing - thanks to experimental gene therapy provided by her company.
    Parrish first underwent gene therapy in 2015 - one designed to protect against muscle mass depletion that is inherent to ageing and another to fight stem cell depletion due to age-related diseases.
    http://www.sciencealert.com/scienti...-successful-gene-therapy-against-human-ageing April 25, 2016

Humans will be "lining up" for the promise of immortality. How easy would it be for the False-Christ to modify the human DNA?