1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

The Masonic Lodge / Freemasonry

Discussion in 'Other Christian Denominations' started by Brian30755, Aug 8, 2005.

1. Brian30755

Brian30755 New Member

The other day, a man who told me he was a "Past Master" Mason was telling me that "everything about the Masons, and everything they do, lines up with Christianity".

I didn't argue with him, but everything I've read about the Masons contradicts his statement. I'm talking about articles I've read from sources like these:

Saints Alive

North American Mission Board

And yeah, even Chick Publications

I was wondering if there are any Masons on this board, and if so, (and if the things mentioned in the articles above are true), why do you say it is okay for a Christian to be a Mason?

2. D28guy

D28guy New Member

Knowing what I know about Freemasonry, I dont know how any born again person can have anything to do with it.

The only thing I can think of regarding how so many christians can be a part of it with a clear conscience is this: I've heard it said many times that all of the occultic and dangerous stuff is way up near the top of chain. (The highest "degrees". 33rd, etc)

The claim from Freemasons is that in the 1st 3 degrees its just a fraternal organisation doing social work.

Of course, everyone has go through the initiation ceremonies...which require saying things that I would never say as a christian.

Mike

Of cours

3. Johnv

Johnv New Member

Do you look forward to opening cans of worms??? :eek:

I think this topic comes up every now and again, with rather fierce opinions all over the place. The Freemasons these days are little more than a freaternal organization that requires its members to believe in God. What makes Freemasons different than, say, the Elks (which also require a member fo believe in God) is that Freemasonery requires that its members keep some secrets about their organization. While it is not a secret society (masons are actually discouraged from hiding their membership), it is a society with secrets. The only time I would see this compromising Christian beliefs is if a member is married (since we're not to keep secrets from our spouses). The bottom line is that a person must decide for himself whether or not he is able to be a member of a masonic lodge without compromising his faith. Likewise with any fraternal organization membership.

The SBC, while it leans towards frowning on it, leaves it as a personal decision of its members individually. I've known several SBC church members who have been members of a lodge without any concerns about compromising their faith whatsoever.

Now, someone is going to post "you can't be a Christian and be a freemason", which is their right. Someone else will post "yes you can". I personally would not recommend that a person be a freemason, for the reason stated above. But this is strictly my personal opinion, and not a doctrinal one.

Let each be convinced in his own mind.

Click Here to view Johnv's wedding photos

4. RockRambler

RockRambler New Member

I was a Master Mason, York Rite Mason, and President of the local Shrine Club. The occult is not in the higher degrees.

However, once I was saved, I demitted from the Lodge. I was not comfortable with it, once I turned my life over to Jesus.

5. Petrel

Petrel New Member

A prominent member of my church is a Mason. He was made Grand Poobah or something or other a couple of years ago and our choir was invited to the ceremony to sing. I don't remember anything anti-Christian about it, and some parts were definitely pro-Christian. However, I did think it was decidedly odd! Very ritualistic without any real reason for being so.

6. TexasSky

TexasSky Guest

Being a woman, I don't know exactly what the Masons teach, but I do know that some of the finest Christian men I have known were active in Mason Lodges. They seemed to take the approach that the lodge was a "Civic" organization.

My mother's father, who taught Christ to anyone and everyone he could, was also a member of the Mason Lodge. Once I asked him why people don't believe Mason's are Christians - he told me, "Because some Mason's really aren't. Some Mason's believe that it doesn't matter what you call God. Christians know there is only one God."

7. RockRambler

RockRambler New Member

That is the big hangup that I had with Freemasonry. I could not end a pray in the name of Jesus, nor could I talk about Jesus during a lodge service or ceremony. Masons must pledge that they believe in a "supreme being". Everyone believes in God, but Jesus does not have a place in the lodge.

Secondly, I did not think it was proper to keep the secrets of Masonry from my wife.

8. mioque

mioque New Member

The problem with using Chick. If there are 9 excellent reasons not to get involved with something Chick will find and mostly talk about a 10th one that isn't true, but sounds more sensationalistic.

9. Petrel

Petrel New Member

Ahh, Jack Chick. Today I learned that God hates the Washington Monument! :D

10. Brian30755

Brian30755 New Member

I know this has been discussed over and over.....but I guess what I'm really looking for is the thoughts from people who are currently a Mason or who WERE a Mason, and who are also Christians. I guess I'm wanting to hear somebody say "All this stuff that's said about the Masons is not true" or "It's all true, but I'm still a Mason because....".

By the way, Johnv, I looked at your wedding photos.....very strange-looking relatives you have. :D

11. billwald

billwald New Member

Anything Chick Publications is against can't be all bad.

12. Brian30755

Brian30755 New Member

Even if the Southern Baptist Association's North American Mission Board doesn't seem to like it either?

13. Claudia_T

Claudia_T New Member

The following are the first few articles I wrote on the subject of the Freemasonry... I would hope Christians would know to stay far away from this Organization.

FREEMASONRY- INTRODUCTION

The Freemasonry Society seems on the outside to be a respectable "Men's Club" and a very charitable Organization. However, if we were to closely inspect their teachings, with an open mind and a prayerful attitude, we would soon find that this Group is nothing like it appears to be to the public eye! Its true goals and objectives are far from being innocent!

Masonry is in reality, a Religion, and is the worship of Lucifer or of Satan himself! We can know this simply by examining their use of symbols. But of course, the Leaders of this seemingly benevolent Organization find it prudent to carefully hide the fact that they are satanic. Let us begin by reading what the great Masonic Leader Albert Pike had to say about Masonry in his famous book, Morals and Dogma:

"Lucifer, the Light-bearer! Strange and mysterious name to give to the Spirit of Darkness! Lucifer, the Son of the Morning! Is it he who bears the Light, and with its splendors intolerable, blinds feeble, sensual, or selfish souls? Doubt it not!" Albert Pike, Morals and Dogma of the Ancient and Accepted Scottish Rite of Freemasonry, p. 321, 19th Degree of Grand Pontiff.
    Albert Pike gives solid evidence of Freemason's worship of Satan on the cover of Morals and Dogma. Below the seal of "God", Pike writes a Latin phrase, which proves to be a typical satanic phrase. One look at this phrase would alert any Satanist that the contents of this book are Satanic! What is this phrase? "DEUS MEUMQUE JUS" The literal meaning is "God and My Right"

A former Satanist, Doc Marquis says this statement is a very characteristic one within Satanism. It has two meanings. First, this phrase means that the Freemason can depend upon their God, Lucifer, to determine their Right and Justice. Secondly, since the God of Freemasonry is Lucifer, Masons are saying that they are "using occult methods", through Lucifer, to achieve their Rights and Justice.

Marquis says that this phrase is very powerful and very dangerous within Satanism. If a Satanist sees this phrase in Latin on Pike's book, he knows the material within is Satanism!

The Mason seeks power even the power to control the forces of Nature. This is typical of the Luciferian Worshipper. Way back in the Garden of Eden, Satan, posing as the beautiful Serpent, convinced Eve that she needed the same knowledge that God had finally convincing her to eat from the forbidden Tree of the knowledge of good and evil. Ever since sin came into the world, those who practice it seek selfish power to control others and the world around them. This seeking of power is typical of those who get involved in Witchcraft, also known as "THE CRAFT." Let's see what Manly P. Hall, Master Mason, has to say about THE CRAFT and the powers of Lucifer:

"The day has come when Fellow Craftsman (Freemason) must know and apply their knowledge. The lost key to their grade is the mastery of emotion, which places the energy of the universe at their disposal. Man can only expect to be entrusted with great power by proving his ability to use it constructively and selflessly. When the Mason learns that the key to the warrior on the block is the proper application of the dynamo of living power, he has learned the mystery of his CRAFT. The seething energies of LUCIFER are in his hands, and before he may step onward and upward, he must prove his ability to properly apply energy. He must follow in the footsteps of his forefather, Tubal-Cain, who with the mighty strength of the war god hammered his sword into a plowshare." Manly P. Hall, 33rd Degree Mason, K.T., The Lost Keys of Freemasonry or The Secret of Hiram Abiff

MASONIC SYMBOLS

THE BAPHOMET

For additional confirmation that the Masons really do worship the Devil, we need look no further than their use of symbols. We will investigate just a few of them now.

The Freemasons adore the figure of the Baphomet, a half man and half goat creature, which in reality represents the "God of forces" or the Devil. Albert Pike, revered Mason said this about the Baphomet:

"The Gnostics held that it [universal agent] composed the igneous [pertaining to fire] body of the Holy Spirit, and it was adored in the secret rites of the Sabbat or the Temple under the hieroglyphic figure of Baphomet or the hermaphroditic goat of Mendes ." Pike, op. cit., p. 734, teaching of the 28th Degree

The dualistic nature of life and the male female aspects of creation are believed to be contained within the drawing of Occultist Eliphas Levi's Baphomet (above). Levi was one of the foremost Satanists and Freemasons. The image of the Baphomet combines both male and female androgynous qualities; one arm masculine, one feminine; the breasts of a woman with a phallic object on its lap. The illustration also shows one arm points toward a white crescent moon the other towards a dark crescent moon, representing the duality of good and evil. Here is what Eliphas Levi said about the Baphomet in his book, Haute Magie:

"The goat on the frontispiece carries the sign of the pentagram on the forehead, with one point at the top, a symbol of light, his two hands forming the sign of hermetism, the one pointing up to the white moon of Chesed, the other pointing down to the black one of Geburah. This sign expresses the perfect harmony of mercy with justice. His one arm is female, the other male like the ones of the androgyn of Khunrath, the attributes of which we had to unite with those of our goat because he is one and the same symbol. The flame of intelligence shining between his horns is the magic light of the universal balance, the image of the soul elevated above matter, as the flame, whilst being tied to matter, shines above it. The ugly beast's head expresses the horror of the sinner, whose materially acting, solely responsible part has to bear the punishment exclusively; because the soul is insensitive according to its nature and can only suffer when it materializes. The rod standing instead of genitals symbolizes eternal life; the body covered with scales the water, the semi- circle above it the atmosphere, the feathers following above the volatile. Humanity is represented by the two breasts and the androgyn arms of this sphinx of the occult sciences."
    The Baphomet contains several representations of the Occult pantheistic God of Forces (Pan), or the positive and negative aspects of Nature. Basically, this teaching revolves around the idea that good and evil are the same or to be blended together. (Please read my articles in this Web Site about the New Age Movement, for additional insight)... and just who is Pan? Why, he is none other than the Devil himself!

If you look closely, you will see Baphomet making the sign of the Devil's Trinity with his right hand, representing the forces of darkness and light joining together into one. "Baphomet is also known as the Sabbatic goat, in whose form Satan is to be worshipped at the Witches' Sabbath". Frank Gaynor, Dictionary of Mysticism pg. 24

THE PENTEGRAM AND THE PHOENIX

The Goat of Mendes or Baphomet which Freemasons make use of in their symbols is seen here, with the Pentagram on it's head. As you can clearly see, the Tarot Card with the goat and Pentagram is called The Devil. The Pentagram is a frequently utilized symbol in both the Masonry and Satanism, and it has evil significance. The women's Division of the Masonry called The Eastern Star also makes prominent use of the Pentagram.symbol

Once again, let's go to Occultic Writer and 33rd Degree Freemason, Manly Hall, for an explanation of this symbol. In his book, The Phoenix: An Illustrated Review of Occultism and Philosophy pg. 176,177 we read the following:

"Among the ancients a fabulous bird called the Phoenix is described by early writers ... in size and shape it resembles the eagle, but with certain differences. The body of the Phoenix is one covered with glossy purple feathers, and the plumes in its tail are alternately blue and red. The head of the bird is light in color, and about its neck is a circlet of golden plumage. At the back of its back the Phoenix has a crest of feathers of brilliant color ... The Phoenix, it is said, lives for 500 years, and at its death its body opens and the new born Phoenix emerges. Because of this symbolism, the Phoenix is generally regarded as representing immortality and resurrection ... The Phoenix is one sign of the secret orders of the ancient world and of the initiate of those orders, for it was common to refer to one who had been accepted into the temples as a man twice-born, or reborn. Wisdom confers a new life, and those who become wise are born again."
    To "become wise" means to gain the new Occultic Light, and to thus be "born again" into the New Age Luciferic Worldview.

Thus we see now that these two birds are not eagles, as they seem to be, but rather the Phoenix Bird of Ancient Egyptian Mythology. When Manly Hall talks about being born again, it isn't in the usual Christian sense at all. Let's read what the emergence of the Phoenix Bird really means, in relation to the idea of being "born again", but rather a rising again from one's own ashes (note the Phoenix bird with the smoldering fire under it).
    In Barbara Walker's book, "Now is the Dawning" she tells us that the Egyptians believed that the Phoenix represented a god who "rose to heaven, in the form of a star, like Lucifer, after his fire- immolation of death and rebirth."

Those involved in the New Age Movement, Occultism, and Freemasonry, believe that Lucifer was unjustly thrown out of heaven by God, and will "rise again" to be Ruler of the Universe in God's place. He will in fact, "become God," according to them. Likewise, followers of Lucifer here on Earth, supposedly discover the "secret knowledge" or "Gnosis" of Lucifer and also after initiation become "reborn to become gods! "(Lucifer DID promise Eve in the Garden that she would become as a god).

New Agers with the Sunrise also portray this same idea. That is why the NEW AGE is also referred to as THE NEW DAWN Let me tell you a little Occult history. The Bible talks about Nimrod who had to do with the building of the Tower of Babel in Babylon which of course is the birthplace of Occultism. His evil followers believed that when Nimrod died, he was immortal and went to live up in the Sun.

And so whenever the Sun would rise in the morning, the Babylonians believed it to be Nimrod "rising again" he supposedly went down at night to fight off the evil creatures in the ocean when the Sun set but he came up again every morning, victorious! This of course symbolizes Lucifer "dying" when he got thrown out of heaven and then "rising again" when he will once again rule the World! And this New Age period is supposed to be a time when Occultism and Lucifer's followers will reign supreme upon the face of the Earth! Thus, the Occult Phoenix bird is shown with a smoldering fire underneath and it "rises from its ashes" in triumph.

The rising of the phoenix bird also symbolizes the New Age idea that the "Divine Cosmic Plan" that the highly evolved Great Masters have for our Earth Civilization is going to come into effect soon. Earth will "rise from its ashes" and begin anew, its inhabitants having the new Cosmic Consciousness. It is like a "rebirth" of the Ancient Occult Mystery Religions in our World.

The following quotation is from an Occult site, regarding the Phoenix bird:

"Ovid tells the story of the Phoenix follows: "Most beings spring from other individuals; but there is a certain kind which reproduces itself. The Assyrians call it the Phoenix. It does not live on fruit or flowers, but on frankincense and odoriferous gums. When it has lived five hundred years, it builds itself a nest in the branches of an oak, or on the top of a palm tree. In this it collects cinnamon, and spikenard, and myrrh, and of these 'materials builds a pile on which it deposits itself, and dying, breathes out its last breath amidst odours. From the body of the parent bird, a young Phoenix issues forth, destined to live as long a life as its predecessor. When this has grown up and gained sufficient strength, it lifts its nest from the tree (its own cradle and its parent's sepulchre), and carries it to the city of Heliopolis in Egypt, and deposits it in the temple of the Sun."
    Obviously, we can see that the Phoenix bird has to do with Ancient Egyptian Sun Worship! Freemasonry is in reality built upon the Ancient Mystery Religions of Egypt and Babylon!

Claudia Thompson

14. Claudia_T

Claudia_T New Member

FREEMASONRY AND THE SERPENT:

The Freemasonry Organization is permeated with Serpent Worship! To worship the Serpent means to worship the Devil himself, for it was he who stealthily posed as the Serpent in the Garden of Eden in order to better deceive Eve.

"You will be as a god, knowing good and evil," he assured Eve. The Serpent virtually told Eve that if she would just stop trusting and listening to God, that he would show her the way to enlightenment! He would be the Savior of mankind and get them out from under the tyrannical rule of their Creator.

Believing what the Serpent told her, Eve ate of the fruit of the Tree of Knowledge, then handed it to her companion, Adam. Occultists, whether it be those of the New Age Movement or of the Freemasonry Organization, really believe that Lucifer or the Serpent, is the Savior of mankind! They honestly think that he has "illuminated" mankind with the "Truth" that they really were gods all along, but just were unaware of the fact.

Helena Blavatsky, Founder of the Theosophical Society, penned these astounding words:

"One of the most hidden secrets involves the so-called fall of Angels. Satan and his rebellious host will thus prove to have become the direct Saviours and Creators of divine man. Thus Satan, once he ceases to be viewed in the superstitious spirit of the church, grows into the grandiose image It is Satan who is the God of our planet and the only God. Satan (or Lucifer) represents the Centrifugal Energy of the Universe this ever-living symbol of self-sacrifice for the intellectual independence of humanity." H.P. Blavatsky, The Secret Doctrine, pg. 215, 216, 220,245,255,533
    That entire last line sits on a page headed: "Holy Satan"!
    Blavatsky wrote:

Lucifer represents Life Thought Progress Civilization Liberty Independence Lucifer is the Logos the Serpent, the Saviour. " H.P. Blavatsky, The Secret Doctrine, Vol. II pg. 171,225,255

THE SERPENT SAVIOUR

Lets see what the Masons have to say about the Serpent being "The Savior"

"The Serpent is universally esteemed a legitimate symbol of Freemasonry." George Oliver, Signs and Symbols , New York, Macoy Publishing and Masonic Supply Company, 1906, p. 36

Did you hear that? The Serpent is the "legitimate symbol" of Freemasonry! This is another admission by this Masonic author that Freemasonry worships Satan! But now let's hear how they regard the Serpent as "Savior of the World, just as Helena Blavatsky, the "Mother of the New Age Movement " said that they do:

"The serpent is the symbol and prototype of the Universal Savior, who redeems the worlds by giving creation the knowledge of itself and the realization of good and evil." Manly P. Hall, 33 Degree Mason, The Secret Teachings of All Ages
    Now I hope you realize that Manly Hall is saying that the Serpent in the Garden of Eden "saved the World" or became its Savior by giving to Eve the "realization of good and evil" when he convinced her to eat from the Tree of the Knowledge of good and evil, The Fereemasons truly believe that Satan gave them some sort of "secret knowledge" about "how to become Enlightened, to be preserved throughout the Ages, by their Secret Society.

We must remember Albert Pike's bold assertion in Morals and Dogma, that "Masonry is identical to the ancient Mysteries ", which means that all their teachings in all their books are just the same as the Ancient Pagan Mystery Religions, which are Satanic!

THE ANCIENT DRUIDS

Now let's discuss the Ancient Druids, who in reality were Witches.

Let's hear from Albert Pike, 33 Degree Mason, of the Southern Jurisdiction about the Druids:

"The serpent entwined around the egg, was a symbol common to the Indians, the Egyptians, and the Druids. It referred to the creation of the Universe." pg. 496; Teaching of the 25 Degree, Knight of the Brazen Serpent

Freemasonry does NOT believe that the Universe was created by the God of the Christians. This statement states that the serpent entwined around the egg is a symbol of the creation of the universe! Albert Pike mentioned the Druids in this sentence, above, and other Masons are very forthright in their admission that Freemasonry highly esteems the Druids because their own Mystery Religion is identical to the Druids. Listen to the following statements that were made by the Freemasons:

"... our mode of teaching the principles of our profession [Masonry] is derived from the Druids ... and our chief emblems originally came from Egypt ..." William Hutchinson, Mason, The Spirit of Masonry

Albert Churchward, another Masonic writer, states that Masons are "our present Druids". Albert Churchward, Signs and Symbols of Primordial Man: the Evolution of Religious Doctrine from the Eschatology of the Ancient Egyptians, London, England, George Allen and Company, Ltd. 1913, Second Edition, p. 189.
    Yet another Masonic author, George Oliver, also took note of Freemasonry's connection with the Druids.

"The Druids had a high veneration for the Serpent. Their great god, Hu, was typified by that reptile; and he is represented by the Bards as 'the wonderful chief Dragon, the sovereign of heaven'." George Oliver, Signs and Symbols, New York, Macoy Publishing and Masonic Supply Company, 1906, p. 36

"Masons .. admire the Druids and some of them even claim that Masonry came from Druidism. Of course, the Druids were occultic priests, practiced astrology, and offered human sacrifices." Dr. C. Burns, Masonic and Occult Symbols Illustrated, p. 28
    To practice the Ancient Religion of the Druids means to carry out the rituals and philosophies of WITCHCRAFT !!

SERPENT WORSHIP AROUND THE WORLD

Albert Pike also reveals that other Mystery Religions throughout the world worshipped the serpent, in various ways. Let's look at some of the examples: [quotes below taken from Morals and Dogma, p. 496-500]

"The Phoenicians represented the God Nomu (Kneph or Amun-Kneph) by a serpent"

"In Egypt, a Sun supported by two asps was the emblem of Horhat the good genius; the serpent with the winged globe was placed over the doors and windows of the Temples as a tutelary God." [Note: "tutelary" means "guardian"] "The portals of the Egyptian Temples are decorated with the hierogram of the Circle and the Serpent"

In ancient Tyre, and India, "a serpent was ... coiled around the trunk of a tree. Python, the Serpent Deity, was esteemed oracular; and the tripod at Delphi was a triple-headed serpent of gold."

The serpent "is found upon the Temple of Naki-Rustan in Persia, on the triubmphal arch at Pechin, in China, over the gates of the great Temple of Chaundi Teeva, in Java; upon the walls of Athens ... The Mexican hierogram was formed by the intersecting of two great Serpents, which described the circle with their bodies, and each a human head in its mouth."

"All the Buddhist crosses in Ireland had serpents carved upon them. Wreaths of snakes are on the columns of the ancient Hindu Temple at Burwah-Sangor."
    Yes, all over the World we see the trail of the Serpent, and even in the Freemasonry Organization!

Claudia Thompson

15. Claudia_T

Claudia_T New Member

FREEMASONRY AND THE TOWER OF BABEL:

"Let us build us a city and a tower, whose top may reach up to heaven; and let us make us a name lest we be scattered abroad upon the face of the earth." Genesis 11:4.

The original freemasons were stone masons who formed a guild to serve as a form of "trade union". An increase in building cathedrals in Europe by the church in the Middle Ages created a large market for those who were skilled stone workers. The history of the Masons is generally divided into two periods. During the first of these periods, they were known as "Operative Masons, who were actually builders of buildings and Temples. The second part of Masonic history involved what is called "Speculative Masonry", during which time the Masons started to allow into their membership those who were willing to assist in building a "Spiritual Temple" or building here on earth... a Temple of Universal Harmony.

The Freemasons were an organization of builders who were bound together by their secret knowledge of the relationship between the earthly and divine sciences of architecture. In other words, the science of how an earthly structure was built would supposedly provide wisdom on how to build a "Spiritual Temple" within one's own soul and for all of mankind collectively.

THE TOWER OF BABEL

These types of Secret Societies have always been in existence, and they have been the bridges from ancient Babylon to modern day occultism, the occultism that masonry practices and teaches. The teachings of these Secret Societies are the same that the New Age Spiritualism Movement embraces. You will discover, after reading about Masonry that Babylonian Witchcraft is it's "Mother"... "The Mother of harlots and abominations of the Earth." Revelation 17:5

During their captivity in Babylon, there were certain Jewish priests who had explored deeply into the Religion of the ancient Babylonians, which was Witchcraft. These Jews had developed the "Secret Mysteries" of the Babylonian Mystery Religion into a sophisticated form of occultism which they called the Cabala, and Cabalistic teachings are a part of modern Freemasonry today.

Tradition has it that the Mason's word is "as old Babel", when they could not understand one another, and they conversed by sign language. The Masons are proud of their ancient roots:

"As regards to Masonry, Babel of course represented a Masonic enterprise and early expositors reaped full benefit from the facts. They remembered that the people, who were of 'one language and one speech' journeyed from the East to the West, like those who have been tried and proved as Master Masons. When they reached an abiding place in the land Shinar, it is affirmed that they dwelt therein as Noachide, being the first characteristic name of Masons. It was here that they built their high tower of confusion. Out of evil comes good, however, and the confusion of tongues gave rise to 'the ancient practice of Masons conversing without the use of speech.'" -Arthur Edward Waite, A New Encyclopedia of Freemasonry and of Cognate Instituted Mysteries: Their Rites, Literature and History, Volume I, Page 61, 62
    In "The Masonic Quiz Book", the question is asked, "Who was Nimrod", the answer is, "He was the son of Cush. In the old Constitutions referred to as one of the Founders of Freemasonry, and in the Scriptures as the architect of many cities." - William Adrian Brown, Facts, Fables and Fantasies of Freemasonry, Page 169

In the Masonic York Rite Manuscript we find: "at the making of the Tower of Babel there was Masonry first much esteemed of, and Nimrod was a Mason himself and loved well Masons."- John T Lawrence, The Perfect Ashlar, Page 295. Another Masonic author named John Yarker says: "it is well known that the Tower of Babel was one of the most ancient traditions of Masonry..." John Yarker, The Arcane Schools, pg. 267

The Freemasons: a Poem
    If history be not
    ancient fable
    Freemasons came from
    the Tower of Babel.
    -Anonymous
    1783, London
    Satan kept this Secret Society that started in Babylon going throughout the Ages. In 1717, the first Masonic Lodge was established in London, England. Since that time, Lodges have spread all over the World. Masonic Lodges first appeared in America in Philadelphia (1730) and Boston (1733).

THE NEW WORLD ORDER BEGINS

Nimrod told the people to build a tower, whose top would reach unto the heavens" "Let us build us a city and a tower, whose top may reach up to heaven; and let us make us a name lest we be scattered abroad upon the face of the earth." Genesis 11:4. Here they decided to build a city, and in it a tower of such stupendous height as should render it the great wonder of the world. These enterprises were designed to prevent the people from scattering aborad into colonies.

The Babylonians had wanted to keep their community united in one body, and to found a great monarcy that would one day embrace the whole earth. Thus their city would become the metropolis of a universal empire;and its glory would command the adoration and homage of the world. It was God who had destroyed the antedeluvian world by a flood; and their hearts, like that of Cain, rose up in rebellion against Him. One purpose of building the tower was to provide for themselves safety in case of yet another flood.

The Freemasons who pride themselves on having their roots in the tower of Babel have the same ideas and plans of the one whom they reverence... Nimrod! They too have a great desire to build a World Empire, uniting their forces of evil together against the God of Heaven! These Secret Societies have one goal and that is to create a World Revolution, and a New World Order in which occult teachings will one day prevail, with Lucifer at it head!

This is the usual impression of Masonry that is set before the World: "The Freemasonry seeks to do charitable work among communities, and to be of service to people. They seek the brotherhood of man. The builder's tools are a symbol of building up one's character and of making good men better." This "line" that is fed to the public, however, is fraudulent, which you will learn as we study together into the truth about Freemasonry.

Masonry will be one of the chief vehicles that Satan will work trough to achieve his evil plan for these last days, just before Jesus comes. It is not safe to have any part with this Secret Order. Those who stand under the blood stained banner of Christ cannot be united with the Freemasons, or with any Secret Organization. A power from beneath is working to bring about the last great scenes in the drama, - Satan coming as Christ, and working with all deceivableness of unrighteousness in those who are binding themselves together in Secret Societies. Those who are yielding themselves to the passion for confederation are working out the plans for the enemy.

Claudia Thompson

16. Claudia_T

Claudia_T New Member

"Freemasonry 'carefully excludes' the Lord Jesus Christ from the Lodge and chapter, repudiates His mediatorship, and sets up for itself a a spiritual empire at the head of which it places the god of nature- and from which the only living and true God is expelled by resolution." (Edmond Ronayne, The Master's Carpet or Masonry and Baal Worship- identical)

Masonry accepts the worship of many different Gods... at least it seems that way for "unenlightened" Initiates who haven't yet discovered who the true god of Masonry really is- Lucifer! "In his private devotions a Mason will pray to Jehovah, Mohammed, Allah, Jesus, or the deity of his choice."- Allen Roberts, The Craft (of Masonry) and it's Symbols: Opening the Door to Masonic Symbolism, Page 6

Just as New Agers do- Freemasonry teaches that Jesus was "Just another Great Teacher among many others, such as Buddha, Allah, Mohammed, or Socrates." Albert Pike, Morals and Dogma, Page 525. "Jesus was just a man. Here was one of the 'exemplars', one of the great men of the past, but not divine and certainly not the only means of redemption of lost mankind."-Jim Shaw, former Mason of the 33rd Degree, Past worshipful Master of the Blue Lodge, Past Master of all Scottish Rite bodies, Knight Commander of the Court of Honor, Shaw and McKenney, The Deadly Deception, Page 126, 127

The important Rose Croix Masonic ritual called "Maundy Thursday" officially states during the ceremony: "We meet this day to commemorate the death (of Jesus), not as inspired or divine, for this is not for us to decide."-Shaw and McKenney, The Deadly Deception, Page 127; Henry F. Clausen, Practice and Procedure for the Scottish Rite, Page 75-77

Albert Pike, who was supposedly a great "enlightened" Mason taught that all specific dogmas about Jesus, such as that he was God, are in error. Masons teach that it is important to: "...strip from all religions their orthodox tenets, legends, allegories and dogmas."-Albert Pike, Clausen's Commentaries on Morals and Dogma, pg. 157 That is why Albert Pike said that Jesus "was only a great teacher of morality" -but nothing more. - Albert Pike, Morals and Dogma, Page 525.

And the conclusion that J.W.Acker; a member of the Lutheran Church-Missouri Synod's Commission on Fraternal Organizations arrived at was this: "Masonry regards Jesus Christ as a great teacher only, not as the Son of God and Savior from sin, placing him on the same level with the heathen Greek philosopher Socrates and with the prophet Mohammed." -J.W.Acker, Strange Altars: a Scriptural Appraisal of the Lodge, pg. 6, 34-39 That is the same level that New Agers put Jesus on- that He was a good man - but so were lots of other Religious teachers, and that He was not anything other than a mere man!

FORBIDDING PRAYERS IN THE NAME OF JESUS

The Masonic "Texas Monitor", along with many others, stresses that Masonry is correct in "forbidding all sectarian discussion within its Lodge rooms." -Grand Lodge of Texas, Monitor of the Lodge, Page 89. In other words, Masonry absolutely denies the right of Christians to try to share Jesus Christ with other Masons. The Lodge prohibits all attempts at conversion. Yet it is permissible to speak of and teach others about the "God of the Masonic Lodge" which is the G.A.O.T.U. (We will discuss later what the term means)-Mackey's Revised Encyclopedia of Freemasonry, Vol. I, pg. 192

On the surface, Masonry appears to accept "all Religions", but at the same time- Jesus Christ is left out in the cold. From "The Masonic Handbook ", pg. 184, we read: "Whether you swear or take God's name in vain don't matter so much, of course the name of the Lord Jesus Christ, as you, know don't amount to anything, but Mah-hah-bone- O horror! You must never, on any account, speak that awful name aloud. That would be the most heinous crime... unmasonic- unpardonable." Quoted from The Masonic Report, McQuaig, pg 2

So, Masons claim that the name of Jesus "don't amount to much of anything"! and that it's alright to take God's name in vain- just as long as you be sure not to take their pagan God's name in vain!

The Bible is explicit in telling us to pray to God the Father in the name of the Lord Jesus Christ, but Masonry forbids prayers to Jesus or God in Jesus' name, in the Lodge. "The Maryland Master Mason" magazine of March 1973 asserts the following regulation concerning prayer in the lodge: "All prayers in Mason Lodges should be directed to the one deity to whom all Masons refer as *the Great Architect of the Universe... Prayers in the Lodges should be closed with expressions such as 'in the Most Holy and precious name we pray' using no additional words which would be in conflict with the religious beliefs of those present at meetings."- Jack Harris, Freemasonry: the invisible cult in our midst, pg.112 *The Great Architect of the Universe is also known by the Masons as "The G.A.O.T.U."

This is what happens to naïve Christian who think that the Masonic Lodge accepts Christianity, and tries therefore to offer a prayer in the name of Jesus Christ: "...the Commander of the Guard called me aside and rebuked me sharply. He said, I had ended the prayer 'in Christ's holy name' for that, he said, I would be reported! I was called in to see the Secretary of the Scottish Rite about my unsatisfactory performance. He was nice about it, but told me that I was never to end a prayer 'in Jesus' name' or 'in Christ's name'. He said, 'make your prayers universal.'"-Jim Shaw and Tom McKenney, The Deadly Deception: Freemasonry Exposed by One of it's Top Leaders, pg 72

This supposed "niceness" if somebody who is ignorant offers a prayer in Jesus' name in the Lodge- could turn ugly: "...whenever a minister prays in the name of Christ in any of our assemblies, you must always hold yourself in readiness, if called upon, to cut his throat from ear to ear, pull out his tongue by the roots and bury his body at the bottom of some lake or pond."- Quoted from The Masonic Report, McQuaig, pg. 3

"Freemasonry 'carefully excludes' the Lord Jesus Christ from the Lodge and Chapter, repudiates His mediatorship, rejects His atonement, denies and disowns His gospel, frowns upon His religion and His church, ignores the Holy Spirit, and sets up for itself a spiritual empire, a religious theocracy, at the head of which it place the G.A.O.T.U. -the god of nature- and from which the only living true God is expelled by resolution." Former Mason- Edmond Ronayne, The Master's Carpet or Masonry and Baal-Worship-Identical, pg. 87

There are those who question whether it is right for Christians to belong to the Freemasons and other Secret Societies. In these Societies what are the favorite subjects of conversation? The presence of Christ is unknown to these gatherings. No reference is made to Him. His companionship is not desired. Where and when do such associations honor God? If you do not influence your companions for good, are they not influencing you for evil?

Claudia Thompson

To read the next Article please go to http://www.religiouscounterfeits.org/ml_bible.htm

17. Claudia_T

Claudia_T New Member

I don't care what anybody claims about the Freemasonry Organization being some sort of an "innocent" organization... because no matter what they say, it just isn't.

18. Marcia

Marcia Active Member

Thanks for posting this, RockRambler. In the past, we had 2 or 3 Masons posting here. One insisted that Masonry was very Christian. It's nice to have someone who was in it tell it like it is.

Masonry tries to have it both ways -- they say they are not a religion but then they have spiritual teachings and rites based on Egyptian religion. An organization does not have to be a religion to have spiritual elements.

19. D28guy

D28guy New Member

Claudia,

Thanks for all the good information. Very enlightening...for those who wish to be enlightened.

Some, unfortunetly, dont wish to be enlightened.

Its kind of like..."Dont confuse me with the facts, my mind is made up".

God bless,

Mike

20. RockRambler

RockRambler New Member

I think where many start losing credibility with lodge members though is when they speak of the occult, Satan and devil worship. Those things are NOT present during a lodge ceremony and most Masons have no idea who Albert Pike is.

IMO, it would be easier to reach Masons with scripture rather than speaking of things they've never seen in a lodge.

If anyone is interested, I'll send you the letter I wrote demitting from the Lodge if you PM me.