1. Welcome to Baptist Board, a friendly forum to discuss the Baptist Faith in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to all the features that our community has to offer.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon and God Bless!

The MASSIVE tornados in the south...

Discussion in 'General Baptist Discussions' started by Alive in Christ, Apr 28, 2011.

1. Iconoclast

Iconoclast Well-Known Member
    Site Supporter

Faith:
    Non Baptist Christian
    At least i can agree with you here:thumbsup:
    sounds like this;
    No mother nature [an ungodly thought]
    no weather cycle [random fate]

Amos declares it was God controlling the events.

2. sag38

sag38 Active Member

And, exactly what is wrong with there being a weather cycle? We know exactly the reason that it didn't rain in the scripture you quoted. However, you cannot apply that scripture to the tornados that recently happened and infer that God caused them. What is it about some who can't see God allowing the weather to run its course or for tectonic plates to shift just as they were designed to in a fallen world? I cannot see that diminishing the sovereignty of God in any way. Could it be that He knew these things would happen but he let nature take its course? Then again He could have caused the tornados as a form of judgment or a sign. He could have caused the earthquakes and tsunamis too. However, we don't have enough information to say either way. All I know is that God is in control and I trust Him.

3. Alive in Christ

Alive in Christ New Member

Iconoclast...

Good post!:thumbs:

AiC

4. kfinks

kfinks Member
    Site Supporter

I just had power restored and had a chance to read this thread....How about a little compassion?

Instead of all this philosophizing, you guys throw a generator, chainsaw, hammer, etc. in your trucks and come help. I have been picking through rubble the last three days trying to help people get enough to get started again. This includes some of the Godliest people I have ever known as well as those who have lived as if there is no God.

If you can't come help, find an organization for financial donations to the small communities (Red Cross, Salvation Army, etc). It cost money to run the large equipment piling up what remains of peoples lives. The guys I have run across are donating time and the use of equipment, but cost of diesel fuel is a real burden to some of them.

5. sag38

sag38 Active Member

PM me and tell me where you are and I'll try to come and help. I'll bring some helpers with me. My church is looking for an opportunity to help.

6. rbell

rbell Active Member

Maybe "she's" your "mother." I worship the God of the Bible. I don't need a "mother nature" figure to refer to. Perhaps you do.

Anyhow...CTB has posted some monumentally ridiculous posts before. Now he's topped himself.

Come back to the BB when you have acquired a modicum of knowledge.

BTW: Many reputable scientists have scoffed at your silly premise. Not that you care or anything.

#26 rbell, May 2, 2011
    Last edited: May 2, 2011
  7. sag38

sag38 Active Member

I thought his latest lunacy way "global dimming." I can think of something that is dimming but it's not the sun.

8. rbell

rbell Active Member

I think the "mother earth" comment reveals volumes about CTB's thinking, theology, and approach to factual truth/evidence (nonexistent on the last one).

9. Alive in Christ

Alive in Christ New Member

Good grief. :tonofbricks:

Why not just find out where Crabtown Boy lives and go there and tar and feather him?

Or better yet, lynch him!

My goodness, I dont agree with him either, but you can disagree in a less insulting and vitriolic way.

10. abcgrad94

abcgrad94 Active Member

Faith:
    Baptist
    This thread reminds me of Job's friends, you know, the ones who wanted to know what sin Job had committed for God to "judge" him by taking away everything he owned.

The Bible says it rains on the just and the unjust. Why do we as humans always want to throw stones at the victims??? We should use this as an opportunity to show the love and compassion of Christ instead, especially for our fellow Americans. Sometimes it seems we show more care for those overseas than we do those here at home!

11. quantumfaith

quantumfaith Active Member

:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

12. quantumfaith

quantumfaith Active Member

:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Kfinks, my church is taking gift card donations for Wal Mart, Publix, Winn Dixie etc. Wish I knew how and when they will be distributed. I would love to come and provide some assistance, must complete giving Final Exams for the Spring Term and will look for a group to head north with. Maintain your strength and resolve, try to brush off the philosophizing and "theologizing" that God brought these terrible storms, something no one can know. May God grant you strength and resolve.

13. kfinks

kfinks Member
    Site Supporter

It has been a "fulfilling" few days. It is not hard to ignore the high-brow "stuff" when you dragging brush into burn piles. The initial rush will fade, but there will be plenty of need for helping people clear trees, etc for a long time to come.

14. ReformedBaptist

ReformedBaptist Well-Known Member

Our church went to Pine Log, GA over the weekend and picked up trash, cut trees, et. Lots of clean-up to do. I had to babysit and couldn't go. But now we are collecting good clothes to take a church up there that is opening a clothe bank for the community.

At first I wanted to buy new clothes cause who wants used clothes....but then I realized I buy most of my stuff at Goodwill. haha.